Travis

Re: The exercise thread
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 18 Aug, 2010 1:31 AM Quote
Today I ran a whole mile without stopping! I really can't believe it. I didn't even really feel like stopping until the last curve of the last lap. Kinda got a stitch in my side. I think the fact that it wasn't 100ºF helped quite a bit!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 18 Aug, 2010 2:07 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Today I ran a whole mile without stopping! I really can't believe it. I didn't even really feel like stopping until the last curve of the last lap. Kinda got a stitch in my side. I think the fact that it wasn't 100ºF helped quite a bit!

WooHoo!!!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 30 Sep, 2010 11:39 PM Quote
I haven't run in a whole month. None. Not at all.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 12 Nov, 2010 3:03 PM Quote
I read an article the other day that said a half hour of hula hooping burns 300 calories, while a half hour of jogging burns 370. How is this possible? Hula hooping, really? I'll try to find the article again.

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 12 Nov, 2010 5:20 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I read an article the other day that said a half hour of hula hooping burns 300 calories, while a half hour of jogging burns 370. How is this possible? Hula hooping, really? I'll try to find the article again.

I tried the hoola hoop exercises on the wiifit but all that jiggling about just made me feel sick :(

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 28 Nov, 2010 8:41 PM Quote
I ordered an adult-sized weighted hula hoop. I am sooo geeked! I cannot wait until it gets here! I got to choose my own colors, I chose yellow and black. Bzzzzz! Turns out that hula hooping is very aerobic and you use lots of core muscles. I never had a problem hula hooping as a kid, so I'm pretty sure I can get back into it fairly quickly.

Thing is, now I have to buy new workout clothes, cause baggy t-shirts are not good hoop-wear. Oooh, maybe yellow and black to match my new hoop! Yes, I'm that nerdy that I would dress to match my giant hula hoop.

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 30 Nov, 2010 11:45 AM Quote
Careful with all the black and yellow or you'll end up looking like a hoola-hooping bumble bee!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 30 Nov, 2010 1:39 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Careful with all the black and yellow or you'll end up looking like a hoola-hooping bumble bee!

I want to look like a bumble bee. Well, maybe a yellow jacket. They're slimmer!

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 30 Nov, 2010 7:51 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
deebee wrote:

I want to look like a bumble bee. Well, maybe a yellow jacket. They're slimmer!

We'd like a picture of this please :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 02 Dec, 2010 6:10 PM Quote
It was delivered today! The weight actually makes it easier to keep up, rather than harder. I guess the momentum helps. It's fun! I don't have much room to do it here, except in the basement where the ceiling is low, so I won't be able to try many tricks until I can hoop outside. It was funny how it was delivered. Just wrapped in bubble wrap with a piece of cardboard taped to it with my address.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 02 Dec, 2010 7:04 PM Quote
I aven't been able to get out for about a week, it's frustrating as I was doing well. I'll now have to start at practically the beginning again.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 02 Dec, 2010 7:57 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I aven't been able to get out for about a week, it's frustrating as I was doing well. I'll now have to start at practically the beginning again.

Dubz

The first time I ran a mile without stopping, I had been idle for a week. You'll be ok.

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 02 Feb, 2011 6:22 PM Quote
Well done Anne on losing 7 pounds already. Are you sticking to the program in every way or do you lapse in certain areas?
I'm not feeling very well today but we did loads of walking in London which hopefully compensated for a little of the food we ate!
I did get myself kitted out last week with walking boots and poles etc to start some serious walking once I'm feeling better. I have found the right time in the week, someone to go with and the right equipment to use so there are no excuses now.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 02 Feb, 2011 8:17 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Well done Anne on losing 7 pounds already. Are you sticking to the program in every way or do you lapse in certain areas?
I'm not feeling very well today but we did loads of walking in London which hopefully compensated for a little of the food we ate!
I did get myself kitted out last week with walking boots and poles etc to start some serious walking once I'm feeling better. I have found the right time in the week, someone to go with and the right equipment to use so there are no excuses now.

I'm sticking to it the best I can. I've been out a few times and couldn't eat the exact perfect thing I was supposed to but still picked something really healthy. Also we're supposed to exercise on off days but I have not been able to make the time. I still want to add that but clearly it's still working for me so I'm beating myself up about it.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 03 Feb, 2011 10:52 PM Quote
I am too uncoordinated to follow along with any exercise video. I can't watch somebody who is facing me and follow along with footwork and arm movements at the same time. By the time I understand the routine, they've moved on to something else! I figure as long as I keep moving, it doesn't matter, but I sure don't look very graceful. Anyway, I went 90's and did Billy Blank's Tae Bo. I hate it when I think he's done with a set and then he says, "Ok, now CARDIO!" which means double time. I can already feel it in my legs from all that kicking.

Pages Previous 1...5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Next All Times UTC Current Time 11:25 AM