Travis

Re: The exercise thread
morag_h
morag_h Posted Mon 21 Jun, 2010 11:00 PM Quote
I'm due to run my a 5k in 2 weeks...and I've done no running since mid-April. Took a week off due to being away on a training course, another week due to being at my Mum's...then was told I was severely anaemic & should rest. Then developed terminal laziness.

Up til last year I'd done no structured exercise in about 8 years. I did a bit of training, a 5k, then gave up. Restarted this year with my best mate, and we got our training runs up to 5 miles pretty easily. So it's definitely possible to improve stamina...I recommend everyone get themselves a Becky...it's so much easier to train in pairs & push each other!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 04 Jul, 2010 8:33 PM Quote
Ok, kids, today is day 4 of my "Couch Potato to 3 Mile" program. I get to do some jogging today. I'm going to wait until evening, though, since it's 88ºF (31ºC) and not a cloud in the sky. If I get to the point where I can even go a mile, I'll be amazed. This is an 8-week program and I rarely stick with anything more than 3 weeks, so staying with it will also be a challenge.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 04 Jul, 2010 8:53 PM Quote
good job Kayte! keep us posted!
Ive been a slacker face this week, but got back on the treadmill yesterday have an hour and a half of yoga tomorrow, so I shall be back on track.
Im on vacation next week so the bad food should about be even with the amount of walking.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 08 Jul, 2010 6:11 PM Quote
Yesterday was the first small increase in jogging time. I was able to handle it, but I wouldn't say it was easy for me. Next increase is in 5 days.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 08 Jul, 2010 6:20 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Yesterday was the first small increase in jogging time. I was able to handle it, but I wouldn't say it was easy for me. Next increase is in 5 days.

Good job Kayte!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Mon 12 Jul, 2010 9:34 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Way to go Kayte!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 14 Jul, 2010 2:15 AM Quote
Day 13 of Couch Potato to Runner Program
Second increase in jogging time today. Again, able to handle it, but it wasn't easy. I guess that's the way it is supposed to be, right? It's pushing me without killing me. On the bright side, the time that was difficult for at the last increase is a breeze now.
Number of senior citizens who ran past me and left me in the dust: 1
Number of chubby women I left in the dust: 2 (Seriously, those women shouldn't have been on the track if they just want to talk.)
Number of fluffy bunnies in the field: 6

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 14 Jul, 2010 7:08 PM Quote
Wendy needs to go to the gym to do a proper workout and not just to have a power shower and sauna date!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 23 Jul, 2010 2:29 AM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Wendy needs to go to the gym to do a proper workout and not just to have a power shower and sauna date!

Kristy wonders if talking in 3rd person helps Wendy excercise :)

In an on going effort to do more cardio, and because Im ADD and cant stick to one thing, I bought a mini trampoline today. its fun! and after jumping around for 10 minutes or so I can already feel it in my legs.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 31 Jul, 2010 1:34 AM Quote
Back to running yesterday after a wee break due to bad weather, Vegas trip, etc. Ok, it was a whole week break. I couldn't handle the next increase, so I'm gonna hold it where I am for a few more days before trying to increase again. Phew! It's muggy tonight and the sprinklers were off at the track/field where I go. Gotta hit the shower!

mili
mili Posted Sat 31 Jul, 2010 2:55 PM Quote
Back from a 2-hour/30 km cycle. Strong wind, but sunny, fun.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 03 Aug, 2010 1:28 AM Quote
I RAN A WHOLE LAP WITHOUT STOPPING! WOO HOOO! In fact, I did it 3 times with a bit of walking in between, and made my mile! I don't think I was able to run a whole lap even in high school, so this is a major victory for me! :D

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 03 Aug, 2010 5:33 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I RAN A WHOLE LAP WITHOUT STOPPING! WOO HOOO! In fact, I did it 3 times with a bit of walking in between, and made my mile! I don't think I was able to run a whole lap even in high school, so this is a major victory for me! :D

Wahoooooo!!! That is great Kayte! I remember the first time I did that and it's such a great feeling. Next thing you know you will be able to run a whole mile without stopping. Yep, you will! Congrats!!!

dee
dee Posted Mon 09 Aug, 2010 2:09 AM Quote
going to start back in the gym , i am going to be hitting it HARD.
was doing really well early this year,was getting fitter, was in a better mood, felt really motivated until, a couple of months later in a fit of curiosity i got on the scales.
by the scales i had lost nothing, really made me feel like my effort was pointless, even though weight loss was not my number one priority it just felt ridiculous.
going to avoid the scales like the plague however this time, gotten back into being very low energy so i need to start kicking myself into the gym again to perk up.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 09 Aug, 2010 2:37 AM Quote
dee wrote:
going to start back in the gym , i am going to be hitting it HARD.
was doing really well early this year,was getting fitter, was in a better mood, felt really motivated until, a couple of months later in a fit of curiosity i got on the scales.
by the scales i had lost nothing, really made me feel like my effort was pointless, even though weight loss was not my number one priority it just felt ridiculous.
going to avoid the scales like the plague however this time, gotten back into being very low energy so i need to start kicking myself into the gym again to perk up.

I am positive the reason the scale did not move is that you lost fat and replaced it with powerful muscle. This is also what I keep telling myself.

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:41 PM