Scottish Dubliner wrote:
dee wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
dee wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
dee wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Skipping, is that good fer you?

i rock at skipping! i used to beat all the other kids at skipping challenges and i could run a length faster while still skipping than other kids just running normally.
but i dunno how cool it would be now for a 21 year old to be seen publicly skipping....

I think it'd be cool as fuck!

okay, you wanna start a skipping club?
did ya ever do the game where ya skip the letters of the alphabet to find out which boy ya fancy?
endless fun!

Hahaha yes!!! And the thing with the ring pull on a can of coke.

aw yeah!
it used to be funny how girls would engineer it so they'd land on the name of the boy they liked anyway....
funtimes

Hmmm, so which boys do you two fancy??

Dubz

when i did the skipping thing i could pretty much skip forever therefore never having to land on a boys name.
but now...
haha boys plural?
let me think...this could take a while

Re: The exercise thread
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 10:08 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

I dont understand how some girls have had so many boyfriends by the time they are 12, maybe I am just jealous coz I was a slow starter with the whole boy thing.

Tell me about it. I had this friend who wasn't that pretty and always had REALLY bad breath (due to a medical condition) and she was never without a boyfriend. I had to shake my head in wonderment at that. The thing is, what was the quality of these boys? Most of the twirpy boyfriends my friends had in high school--I wouldn't have had them on a silver platter. Just wait. You don't need a ton of boyfriends. You only need one...if he's the right one.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 10:09 PM Quote
I'm so glad my best mate is also a singleton, else I'd feel a right lemon.

Single life is ace :D

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 11:43 PM Quote
I just did about 7 minutes skipping and I think I'm dead.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 11:48 PM Quote
hahaha I really should find my glasses or stop drinking I thought that said 7 minutes stripping, hahahahaha

Dubz

heyjude
heyjude Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 11:58 PM Quote
running is great!! used to give me a lot of energy afterwards, very good for overall circulation. but cannot do it anymore with a recurring tendonitis on my left knee :-(

so remember to stretch well.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sun 06 Jan, 2008 12:18 AM Quote
heyjude wrote:
running is great!! used to give me a lot of energy afterwards, very good for overall circulation. but cannot do it anymore with a recurring tendonitis on my left knee :-(

ugh tendonitis is a bummer. got it in my shoulder and can't really swim much now.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Sun 06 Jan, 2008 12:25 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
heyjude wrote:

ugh tendonitis is a bummer. got it in my shoulder and can't really swim much now.

that sucks! yeah, i think joints are never the same after having tendonitis.

i really loved running. i naturally stopped drinking alcohol when i ran, and generally ate healthier, too. i thought i'd drink and eat more because it was easier to lose the weight, but noooo! very strange effect on me.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 06 Jan, 2008 1:13 AM Quote
Yeah but can you skip like the girls in this video...Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard reminds me of the Royal Tenebaums but am I high or is that Big Daddy Kane and Biz Markie at the start??

also if you wanna skip...Double Dutch

Dubz

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 06 Jan, 2008 1:14 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
hahaha I really should find my glasses or stop drinking I thought that said 7 minutes stripping, hahahahaha

Dubz

Hahaha naw, ain't got anyone to strip for!!!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 06 Jan, 2008 1:45 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Yeah but can you skip like the girls in this video...Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard reminds me of the Royal Tenebaums but am I high or is that Big Daddy Kane and Biz Markie at the start??

also if you wanna skip...Double Dutch

Dubz

Talk about jarring one's brain! How about if I just take the "Double Dutch Bus?"

spid
spid Posted Sun 06 Jan, 2008 12:50 PM Quote
moominbadger wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
moominbadger wrote:
Running is good. I started running last year and my bum shrunk sooo much! Amazing!

DId it?! I might start that, my arse is massive.

Yup. When I first started I could barely run for a minute without collapsing but after a few months I was running 10k. Just start off really slowly, do 1 min walking, 1 min running and gradually build it up until you don't walk at all.

I used this to work out what I should be doing.

I looked at this and might even try it - i am SOOO lardy now it is gross - too many chocolates for Xmas. It reckons i'll be able to run 10K's by April - i'm dubious but i'll give it a try.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Mon 21 Jan, 2008 9:17 PM Quote
spid wrote:
moominbadger wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
moominbadger wrote:
Running is good. I started running last year and my bum shrunk sooo much! Amazing!

DId it?! I might start that, my arse is massive.

Yup. When I first started I could barely run for a minute without collapsing but after a few months I was running 10k. Just start off really slowly, do 1 min walking, 1 min running and gradually build it up until you don't walk at all.

I used this to work out what I should be doing.

I looked at this and might even try it - i am SOOO lardy now it is gross - too many chocolates for Xmas. It reckons i'll be able to run 10K's by April - i'm dubious but i'll give it a try.

Spid - have you started your running? How's it going?

spid
spid Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 8:20 AM Quote
didn't start running - too cold outside - but have started a different regime inside. 5 times a week (now - built up too it) combination of aerobics, weights and core stability. It must be working cos i ache and for the forst time in ages i'm sleeping quite well! I'll keep you posted as to whether i turn into SUperspid!

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:55 AM