Travis

Re: Barrowlands - board newbie
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 7:57 PM Quote
spid wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Hi! "Old" boardies are welcome. I include myself in that group. I've got 3 ankle biters, too. I can sympathize with your babysitting plight. "Would you mind watching my children all night while I go off to a rock concert? Hmmm?" I hope to be in that spot next summer!

That's exactly the problem - if the gig isn't near either you could be looking at a good 36 hours too - and my middle one can be quite a handful. SOOOO pleased i got to go to Barrowlands - and mother-in-law had a chest infection too so we nearly had to call it off - that would have been a 'travis'ty (tee hee)- but she soldiered on - thankfully. I am very grateful.

Oh, and you make word jokes, too! I like you already!

Baby Fran
Baby Fran Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 9:09 PM Quote
Hi welcome. I only have the one and have to pull in so many favours for babysitting that I have no life outside gigs!! Tho, I do leave the husband at home a lot now so the divorce papers maybe on their way!! I did mention to Andy & Fran that they need a creche backstage for all us parents so you never know.

Fran
Fran Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 9:20 PM Quote
hey Spid, Well done on making the show. You're very welcome.

spid
spid Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 10:20 PM Quote
Fran wrote:

Well now! Now my day is made. Ta muchly dude!!!!!!!!!

spid
spid Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 10:26 PM Quote
Baby Fran wrote:
Hi welcome. I only have the one and have to pull in so many favours for babysitting that I have no life outside gigs!! Tho, I do leave the husband at home a lot now so the divorce papers maybe on their way!! I did mention to Andy & Fran that they need a creche backstage for all us parents so you never know.

Now that is an EXCELLENT idea - my eldest is now 13 so could even help out! And i'd be not too far away if needed. I really fancy one of the Feb gigs but a)just that bit too far away for a babysitter to handle and b) hubby is away all Feb and March so can't leave him in charge (never thought about going without him before). Will just have to wait a little longer.

spid
spid Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 10:29 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
spid wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Hi! "Old" boardies are welcome. I include myself in that group. I've got 3 ankle biters, too. I can sympathize with your babysitting plight. "Would you mind watching my children all night while I go off to a rock concert? Hmmm?" I hope to be in that spot next summer!

That's exactly the problem - if the gig isn't near either you could be looking at a good 36 hours too - and my middle one can be quite a handful. SOOOO pleased i got to go to Barrowlands - and mother-in-law had a chest infection too so we nearly had to call it off - that would have been a 'travis'ty (tee hee)- but she soldiered on - thankfully. I am very grateful.

That might end up the only one of the day - 3 kids makes your brain go mushy!!! I've neglected them a bit today in order to surf on here, I'll make it up to them tomorrow by making them watch the live DVD and sitting with them ALL the way through it. I tend to sneak out during some of their 'kiddy' movies. But I do love a bit of wordplay.Got any good ones yourself?

BlueAngelBlues
BlueAngelBlues Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 3:09 AM Quote
Hi Spid
Welcome to the board!!!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 11:08 AM Quote
Fran wrote:

Pfft! You never said hello to me, Fran! Blatant favouritism! ;)

spid
spid Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 5:30 PM Quote
Just want to say thanks very much to all those who have welcomed me. Maybe i shall get to meet you at a gig one day.

mili
mili Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 6:14 PM Quote
Welcome in, Welcome...

Sooooooo envious of you. I was visiting family in Yorkshire, and couldn't get away without possibly compromising my relationship with the in-laws for good... (not a thing to do). It still would have been a very long trip to Glasgow and back, especially without a car and in New Year's eve.

spid
spid Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 6:20 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Welcome in, Welcome...

Sooooooo envious of you. I was visiting family in Yorkshire, and couldn't get away without possibly compromising my relationship with the in-laws for good... (not a thing to do). It still would have been a very long trip to Glasgow and back, especially without a car and in New Year's eve.

Funny thing was my hubby's family is from Yorkshire (Leeds/Ackworth way) so mother-in-law travelled up from there to babysit.

It's a small small world!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 6:30 PM Quote
spid wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
spid wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

That might end up the only one of the day - 3 kids makes your brain go mushy!!! I've neglected them a bit today in order to surf on here, I'll make it up to them tomorrow by making them watch the live DVD and sitting with them ALL the way through it. I tend to sneak out during some of their 'kiddy' movies. But I do love a bit of wordplay.Got any good ones yourself?

Being on the board isn't neglecting your children. You're encouraging them to be independent. It's healthy. Besides, parents are supposed to have outside interests, so it's a good thing for everyone. You'll make new friends to meet you at the next concert and your husband can stay home with the kids. He'll be so sick of Travis by then, he won't even want to go anyway. See? It alllllll works out.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 6:38 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
spid wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
spid wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Being on the board isn't neglecting your children. You're encouraging them to be independent. It's healthy. Besides, parents are supposed to have outside interests, so it's a good thing for everyone. You'll make new friends to meet you at the next concert and your husband can stay home with the kids. He'll be so sick of Travis by then, he won't even want to go anyway. See? It alllllll works out.

Nice way to put it all in perspective :)

Baby Fran
Baby Fran Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 6:45 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
spid wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
spid wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Ha Ha that is so true.

spid
spid Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 6:45 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
spid wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
spid wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Most excellent advice - i will have to take it. I did mention to hubby about him staying and me gigging - he wasn't terribly impressed as he likes Travis too. But then he also likes Jethro Tull and i can't stand them so he can go to their concerts (if they still tour) and i can go to Travis ones. Sounds like a plan to me.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times UTC Current Time 6:23 AM