Travis

Re: Lots of pics and my reviews of the Glasgow & Aberdeen sh
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 6:53 PM Quote
Fran in a Creem mag t shirt ! That was a great rag . Boy howdy !

Thats Detroit for the unintiated

http://www.jimdero.com/Art/Creem.jpg

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 7:39 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
Thank you :) Your kind words are very much appreciated. I'm always nervous when writing longer texts in English cause I know I don't have the vocabulary to match all these UK/US people, but at least I try :)

You don't need a big vocabulary for it to be interesting, and it makes it easier for all the non-English people here if it's nice and simple, so good for you! :)

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 9:45 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
FranFlower wrote:
Thank you :) Your kind words are very much appreciated. I'm always nervous when writing longer texts in English cause I know I don't have the vocabulary to match all these UK/US people, but at least I try :)

You don't need a big vocabulary for it to be interesting, and it makes it easier for all the non-English people here if it's nice and simple, so good for you! :)

Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm just glad so many found it interesting enough to comment on it :)

And btw, you're into Thirteen Senses? Brilliant band! Not many I know have even heard of them :/ Oh well, their loss ;)

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 9:47 PM Quote
Okay, so I just wanted to say the response to this thread has been overwhelming, and I appreciate all the nice comments immensly. I had the best time in Glasgow and Aberdeen alongside all the boardies that were there, and I hope to meet more of you some other time. I'm pretty sure I'll be back in Scotland (or the UK at least) sometime not too far from now :)

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 9:50 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
Okay, so I just wanted to say the response to this thread has been overwhelming, and I appreciate all the nice comments immensly. I had the best time in Glasgow and Aberdeen alongside all the boardies that were there, and I hope to meet more of you some other time. I'm pretty sure I'll be back in Scotland (or the UK at least) sometime not too far from now :)

Hey FranFlower, I've just noticed one of my piccies I took in Aberdeen, it's you! I've uploaded as my avatar so you can have a look! You can make out the stripy hat.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 10:23 PM Quote
Tracey982 wrote:
FranFlower wrote:

Hey FranFlower, I've just noticed one of my piccies I took in Aberdeen, it's you! I've uploaded as my avatar so you can have a look! You can make out the stripy hat.

Haha, nice capture! Would you mind sending it to me? If you want any of my pictures just let me know :)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 10:23 PM Quote
What a great review--felt like i was there...and the pics were the perfect touch!
Thanks for sharing!

caz b
caz b Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 11:15 PM Quote
Great reviews and pics, I took a few at the Barras, but mine often come out a little blurred as I forget to stop dancing! I was further along the row from you, opposite Andy

TALIA
TALIA Posted Sun 06 Jan, 2008 8:16 AM Quote
awesome pics and review Edith :) thanks a lot for sharing

wowshakira
wowshakira Posted Sun 06 Jan, 2008 10:13 AM Quote
Loved the show, had a bit too much to drink and got a bit carried away. Dancing on stage with Dougie, although didn't actually sing as couldn't remember the words!

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Sun 06 Jan, 2008 12:29 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
Tracey982 wrote:
FranFlower wrote:

Haha, nice capture! Would you mind sending it to me? If you want any of my pictures just let me know :)

Yeah sure, I will send it to you. Do you want to PM your email to me. I took this on my camera phone so the quality isn't that great.
:)

varz
varz Posted Sun 06 Jan, 2008 12:44 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:

And btw, you're into Thirteen Senses? Brilliant band! Not many I know have even heard of them :/ Oh well, their loss ;)

Thirteen Senses are amazing!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 06 Jan, 2008 1:05 PM Quote
varz wrote:
FranFlower wrote:

Thirteen Senses are amazing!

Wow, how come no-one said they liked them when I made a thread about them?!

EDIT: That's here if you were wondering. :)

Anyway, they're from Cornwall like me (even though they seem to prefer doing gigs elsewhere!) which is cool. I love the dreamy sounds they produce. Do you like the first or second album best?

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sun 06 Jan, 2008 9:11 PM Quote
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!
Amazing pics!!!!

and i love Fran T shirt!!

Hahahaha, Alka Seltzer =P That`s cool!

And Glasgow School Art!

Someday, someday i`ll be there! (Very soon i mean xD)

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 5:56 AM