Travis

Re: Lots of pics and my reviews of the Glasgow & Aberdeen sh
Baby Fran
Baby Fran Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 9:38 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
Baby Fran wrote:
Fantastic reviews and pictures are amazing what camera do you use as mine were not even half as good?

I only have a normal, quite crappy crappy Canon Ixus 60. I tried to make sure I avoided the red lights though as pics tend to get more blurry with red lighting. Other than that I don't think I did anything special. Oh, and I didn't use the flash, as it only goes off on the secutity guys' heads anyway, lol :P This means I'll have to hold very still though, which isn't easy at a concert! I'm just thrilled my pics turned out this good! I'm not a photographer or anything, though I would love to have a better camera someday :)

Im just uploading my videos of the Barra gig, so will post the link soon as my pictures were not too good.

varz
varz Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 9:50 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
Baby Fran wrote:
Fantastic reviews and pictures are amazing what camera do you use as mine were not even half as good?

I only have a normal, quite crappy crappy Canon Ixus 60. I tried to make sure I avoided the red lights though as pics tend to get more blurry with red lighting. Other than that I don't think I did anything special. Oh, and I didn't use the flash, as it only goes off on the secutity guys' heads anyway, lol :P This means I'll have to hold very still though, which isn't easy at a concert! I'm just thrilled my pics turned out this good! I'm not a photographer or anything, though I would love to have a better camera someday :)

Aaaah I know that problem well!!! I used to have a Canon ixus too... The whole trying not to move thing is just never fun at a gig!

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 11:10 PM Quote
sara spain wrote:
when we gave him the flower had.

:o! Where did you get it!!? I'm kind of "hat collector" xD...

Eledh
Eledh Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 10:04 AM Quote
Yulia Nox wrote:
sara spain wrote:
when we gave him the flower had.

you should ask to sara spain XD

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 12:45 PM Quote
Eledh wrote:
Yulia Nox wrote:

I wish Andy would have put his on :P

Eledh
Eledh Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 1:05 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
Eledh wrote:
Yulia Nox wrote:

I wish Andy would have put his on :P

Right...
>.<
Damn... XD

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 4:48 PM Quote
Franflower, you could be journalist!!! Keep doin´it in the future.

MaggieMae
MaggieMae Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 7:07 PM Quote
Many thanks for the time and effort you have put into your post, your commentary and photo's are top notch. I am so envious of all those who were in Glasgow & Aberdeen, but you have brought it all to life for those of us who couldn't be there.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 7:09 PM Quote
nice pics, thanks for sharing!!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 8:56 PM Quote
Some of them pictures are amazing. Puts my crappy camera phone efforts to shame (and i was super-proud of some of them this time!)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 9:30 PM Quote
Great pics and a great great review! Love it! Thank you very much :)

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 10:22 PM Quote
That's one brilliant post, Edith :)
The pictures are amazing and it was great to chat with you at the gig, I hope our (Travis) roads will meet again!

Ha that's my hand in the last picture from Baras (and my cousin who fainted, oh dear).

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 7:59 AM Quote
Hey thanks for those pictures and that review. I absolutely love that picture with Fran on and the screen in the background with "Travis" on it, that is one amazing picture.

And Fran's home made tshirt is awesome lol, shame that it started to fade/peel.

It's a shame they didn't do the entrance through the crowd, when we were at the Apollo in Manchester they did it and it was great. They were right behind us, Fran touched my mates shoulders and Andy kinda moved me out of the way so they could get past, but unfortunately we didn't realise what was going on as it happened, we thought it was some people just trying to push through.

Anyways sounds like an awesome time! And you got to meet Andy, Dougie and Neil! Glad you had fun! And thanks for the photos and review!

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 1:09 PM Quote
varz wrote:
FranFlower wrote:
Baby Fran wrote:

Aaaah I know that problem well!!! I used to have a Canon ixus too... The whole trying not to move thing is just never fun at a gig!

Whaat? You mean that this is only a problem with Ixus? Damn, I knew I had the wrong camera :P Oh well, they turned out ok this time, so I guess I'll stick with it for a while. You know if it wasn't for Travis' brilliant light show I would never have gotten as many good pictures as I did. The lighting on this year's tour has been incredible!

MaggieMae wrote:
Many thanks for the time and effort you have put into your post, your commentary and photo's are top notch. I am so envious of all those who were in Glasgow & Aberdeen, but you have brought it all to life for those of us who couldn't be there.

Thank you :) Your kind words are very much appreciated. I'm always nervous when writing longer texts in English cause I know I don't have the vocabulary to match all these UK/US people, but at least I try :)

Soulslug wrote:
That's one brilliant post, Edith :)
The pictures are amazing and it was great to chat with you at the gig, I hope our (Travis) roads will meet again!

Ha that's my hand in the last picture from Baras (and my cousin who fainted, oh dear).

Thanks Jenni. I had the best time at the Barras, too bad you couldn't come to Aberdeeen with us. Though I'm sure our paths will cross again, cause this is certainly something I would do again in a haertbeat! Have fun at the February shows! (and good luck with those kids you're watching ;))

Oh and btw, how's Julia? Was she alright after the gig?

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Sat 05 Jan, 2008 2:03 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:

Thanks Jenni. I had the best time at the Barras, too bad you couldn't come to Aberdeeen with us. Though I'm sure our paths will cross again, cause this is certainly something I would do again in a haertbeat! Have fun at the February shows! (and good luck with those kids you're watching ;))

Oh and btw, how's Julia? Was she alright after the gig?

Yeah Aberdeen right after Baras would have been fantastic but ah, what can you do. Julia was just fine, I guess she just needed some water you know, we really didn't drink anything that day apart from two cups of tea.
Why, thank you! I most certainly will, I hope your 2008 has started off nicely :)

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:53 PM