Travis

Re: BARROWLANDS!
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 31 Dec, 2007 6:08 PM Quote
kevvvy wrote:
Three Times And You Lose? Was I tripping cos I can't remember that getting played at all.

No idea, but that's the first time they played it live (if they did!). And Re-offender - that is some setlist!

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Mon 31 Dec, 2007 6:17 PM Quote
I have no recollection of that either!!!

Was a great night tho.

Here are my pics:

http://nottinghamac.facebook.com/album.php?aid=13346&l=f8e59&id=501864982

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 31 Dec, 2007 6:28 PM Quote
Ruudio wrote:
I have no recollection of that either!!!

Was a great night tho.

Here are my pics:

http://nottinghamac.facebook.com/album.php?aid=13346&l=f8e59&id=501864982

Maybe they decided not to play 3 times at the last minute.

I like the photos - Fran's t-shirt is funny! What was the other option: Santa, Mince Pies and what?

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Mon 31 Dec, 2007 6:30 PM Quote
Alka seltzer! lol

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Mon 31 Dec, 2007 6:33 PM Quote
lozm wrote:
Thanks for that. Was that a first outing for 3 Times and You Lose?

3 times was first played in Portland, OR in November

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Mon 31 Dec, 2007 6:34 PM Quote
i also remember back in black (if thats the name)being played last thing, if someone else can confrim

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 31 Dec, 2007 6:37 PM Quote
Ruudio wrote:
Alka seltzer! lol

lol, that's so funny! I love their t-shirt range!

Ooops, maybe 3 Times wasn't that new then, but it wasn't played because they did Back in Black instead - tour archive - second post

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Mon 31 Dec, 2007 6:38 PM Quote
Yeah there was no 3 times but they did Happy and Back In Black last!

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 31 Dec, 2007 6:40 PM Quote
Ruudio wrote:

...*continues above post to correct wrongness* and Happy.

I knew that ;)

kevvvy
kevvvy Posted Mon 31 Dec, 2007 6:58 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Ruudio wrote:

...*continues above post to correct wrongness* and Happy.

I knew that ;)

:) Would have been a great surprise to hear 3 Times but they made up for it with that ending and we got 1 and a half versions of Love Will Come Through as well lol

Taralyn
Taralyn Posted Tue 01 Jan, 2008 4:21 PM Quote
Just got back what a great gig, All i wanna do is rock was awsome wil rock forever. Great to meet a lot you guys, you all rocked in My Eyes!

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 01 Jan, 2008 6:25 PM Quote
Hello!

I thought the show got better as it went on - the sound was really strange. My mates were chillin up the back, and it was reallllllllllly quiet. So much so that we were able to chat away at a normal level

Encore was fantastic and was great to see Happy make a very welcome return at the end of the set. COuld tell the band were enjoying themselves so much they didn't want to come off.

They hit Back in Black just by Fran walking about the stage giving devil horns. Very off the cuff. Liked it

fields_of_empathy
fields_of_empathy Posted Tue 01 Jan, 2008 10:00 PM Quote
Hey,

I had amazing fun at this gig. I seen them back in May at the Barrowlands, that was my sixth time seeing travis and was my best yet. I was worried however I was going to dissapoint myself this time, and all I can say is I DIDNT! Seven times amazing travis have been! Id love to meet them.

Tiny bit confussed about the last message about "Happy being a welcome return". They generally always play happy at the end of the show, the only time they didnt that I know off was at ABC, and I was completely devestated lol! One day they will never play it again and I'll cry.

Does anyone know what the coldplay comment was all about?!

Great gig, even although guitar rode was not on form :P

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Tue 01 Jan, 2008 10:08 PM Quote
kevvvy wrote:
:) Would have been a great surprise to hear 3 Times but they made up for it with that ending and we got 1 and a half versions of Love Will Come Through as well lol

Actually it was Re-Offender that they had to do a second time ;) Which was perfectly fine with me as it's one of my ultimate fave Travis songs :)

The gig was brilliant. Still can't believe I got to see Travis "at home" in Glasgow.. Amazing :)

kevvvy
kevvvy Posted Wed 02 Jan, 2008 5:24 AM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
kevvvy wrote:

Actually it was Re-Offender that they had to do a second time ;) Which was perfectly fine with me as it's one of my ultimate fave Travis songs :)

The gig was brilliant. Still can't believe I got to see Travis "at home" in Glasgow.. Amazing :)

Ahh what do I know lol!! In my defence I thought the sound was a bit off during both tunes but then again I prefer a little bit of live realism in my concerts these days. Perfection seems so boring lol. Did you have a good gig? How cool is it going to be having some new songs so soon as well.

Happy New Year

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:50 AM