Re: How did you become a Travis fan?
Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 8:16 PM Quote
watching a gig on the TV in 2003
*o*

MAYRA_YANETT_DANIELE
MAYRA_YANETT_DANIELE Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 9:44 PM Quote
watching "closer",the best song for me!!!

inwhitelight
inwhitelight Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 12:04 AM Quote
It was back in 2001 when The invisible band came out and come to think about it, it was thanks to my dad (: "Sing" had become a massive hit here (i remember they would play it on Big Brother hahaha, i still watched it back then) and my dad loved it so much he bought the album. It was only a matter of days before i took hold of it ^^ I would go to sleep listening to it every night 'cause i thought (i still do) there was no way there could be a more peaceful band on earth.
I forgot about them for a few years (shame on me)..and someday this year i was at a record store when i saw The boy with no name :) you wouldn't believe it, but i didn't know it was a Travis' record that had recently come out..it just caught my attention and when i realized it was Travis i just bought it ^^ I fell back in love with them and just in case i was thinking of forgetting about them again, they decided to come here and give a show that has already become one of the best nights of my life.

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 12:14 AM Quote
inwhitelight wrote:
and my dad loved it so much he bought the album.

rocker papa! :)

inwhitelight
inwhitelight Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 12:22 AM Quote
Yulia Nox wrote:
inwhitelight wrote:
and my dad loved it so much he bought the album.

rocker papa! :)

haha xD he passes on to me his music taste and i teach him about mine lol

anace
anace Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 12:22 AM Quote
Hey Michelle :)

Anyways. I started liking them probably during the summer of 99, I don't know.. after The Man Who came out. I thought they were so different from the other bands and they won a place in my musical heart. I LOVED The Invisible Band but I probably became a big fan when 12 Memories came out.

I kinda forgot about them as a band, I still listened to their music but I had no idea what had happened to them until I found out they were releasing a new album *shame on me*. Not losing track of them again

inwhitelight
inwhitelight Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 12:27 AM Quote
anace wrote:

I kinda forgot about them as a band, I still listened to their music but I had no idea what had happened to them until I found out they were releasing a new album *shame on me*. Not losing track of them again

similar situation. exact same promise (: losing track of them, never ever again.

Lu122
Lu122 Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 1:27 AM Quote
I've said ten thousand times lately, but I fell back in love with Travis and became a fan after seeing them live three weeks ago! I used to like them, but I was never a fan.

inwhitelight wrote:
anace wrote:

similar situation. exact same promise (: losing track of them, never ever again.

Same here! I lost them some years ago, and now that I've found them again I'm not letting them go! haha

edu_derosario
edu_derosario Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 1:29 AM Quote
a few weeks ago.. when I so them on yeah! fentival.. in argentina.. :D

Scottish Love
Scottish Love Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 2:40 AM Quote
Wow, thank you all for sharing your lovely stories! ^_^

Haha, once I started listening to Travis, my parents immediately asked who they were. I brought them with me to the concert last week, and they were probably being teenagers again. :P So I've made my whole family love Travis too.. XD

Hey Ana! ;)

Lu122
Lu122 Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 2:47 AM Quote
edu_derosario wrote:
a few weeks ago.. when I so them on yeah! fentival.. in argentina.. :D

A little off topic but I have to ask him something. Edu, are you the same Edu from Rosario who was looking all over the net for people to go with to the Yeah Festival?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 4:17 AM Quote
Scottish Love wrote:
Wow, thank you all for sharing your lovely stories! ^_^

Haha, once I started listening to Travis, my parents immediately asked who they were. I brought them with me to the concert last week, and they were probably being teenagers again. :P So I've made my whole family love Travis too.. XD

Hey Ana! ;)

Haha, my mom knows Travis thanks to the Closer video. My sister mimics Fran there and my mom loves it, so whenever I mention Travis she starts singing Closer :oP

yuzuki
yuzuki Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 2:37 PM Quote
My mother loooves Battleships... and my grandma sometimes sings "welcome in, welcome in", is very funny.

well... the first time that I listen Travis was in... mmm I don't know, maybe 1999 or 2000... My brother shows me "Turn"... I said "OMFG, who is this baaaand"... then I listen "Writing to reach you" and I said "this is the band of my life... I'm gonna listen until the end of my days"

Well... a lot of year has been, and I still listing Travis with the same emotion.... even more.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 6:50 PM Quote
I've told this story before, but for the new boardies...

Our class studied the lyrics to Driftwood while we were doing poetry at school. I thought the song was quite good (for an English teacher's taste ;) ), and I bought The Man Who when I saw it cheap in Woolworths, loved it, and bought the rest over about the next year.

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Wed 28 Nov, 2007 8:03 PM Quote
yuzuki wrote:
My mother loooves Battleships... and my grandma sometimes sings "welcome in, welcome in", is very funny.

well... the first time that I listen Travis was in... mmm I don't know, maybe 1999 or 2000... My brother shows me "Turn"... I said "OMFG, who is this baaaand"... then I listen "Writing to reach you" and I said "this is the band of my life... I'm gonna listen until the end of my days"

Well... a lot of year has been, and I still listing Travis with the same emotion.... even more.

and why you didn't come here before ?! xD

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:22 AM