Re: ABC: American Boardie Convention
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 24 Apr, 2009 4:50 PM Quote
thats a f hole , like on gibson hollowbody guitars

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 24 Apr, 2009 5:24 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Did you see the tattoo on Pepperman's chest? It's a huge bass clef. I thought it was a T-shirt at first then I squinted and was like "Oh, I see a little patch of chest hair" LOL

bahaha. I spent half the show trying to inspect that. And Nikki was inspecting something else ;)

Can someone tell them to stop smoking? thanks.

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Fri 24 Apr, 2009 7:27 PM Quote
Hey, everybody! Sorry to disrupt the chain of postings, reminiscence of such amazing days :)

I wanted to pass a sort of notice, letting you know what the "Convención Latinoamericana de Traviseros (CLAT)" thread is all about. Hoping that you may enlighten us with words of wisdom since you're the voices of experience. Feel free to post in English, even if we're writing it in Spanish, we'll reply accordingly ;)

Thanks a lot for the inspiration, this could have never been taken into serious consideration if it wasn't for your fantastic stories. I, personally, have high expectations, what can I lose by dreaming, right?
I wish we can live up to the standards of amazingness you've set up for us.

Here I translate more or less what I tried to convey in my "inaugural post":

Quote:

I call upon the Travis community of fans, from the center itself of America to the coldest tip of the south, to unite!

In the “If you’re an Argentinian” thread an idea started to come to life, especially in the last few days, reading how the American Bordies were all enjoying the US tour. Yes, we’re feeling jealous. Yes, we refuse to sit around and do nothing about it.
Because there are many of us and apparently we have a long wait ahead before they come back to play live for us.
So, I can’t think of a better idea than to, herein, begin the organization of our very own Convention!

What do you think? Will it prove to be successful? Will the final goal be attained? That is to say, will the pages and pages of future planning see a factual outcome in the end? I certainly hope so, because I think that it can turn out to be the best concert of our lives.
Because in such little time I’ve exchanged a couple of words with really cool people and I don’t want this to die only in words, words are blown by the wind.
Time will tell but, in the meantime, what do you say if we let our wildest fantasies loose?

Is it possible for us, all the members of this community, from Mexico to the Strait of Magellan, to follow our beloved Scots if their next tour should come anywhere near us?

What do you think?
Wish us luck, we need Travis to come back to South America!! (Our mental health is at stake, to say the least..)

Cheers!

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 24 Apr, 2009 7:57 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Reminds me of my dream about Anne and the freshly ground pepper.

I've had a dream about that too.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 24 Apr, 2009 9:20 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Reminds me of my dream about Anne and the freshly ground pepper.

I've had a dream about that too.

I can only imagine how filthy that was. Did she grab your moobs? It is a long standing fantasy of hers.

Darran
Darran Posted Sat 25 Apr, 2009 11:23 AM Quote
Besides the screaming :-P

This is effing awesome. Makes me wish even moreso I could have made it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhfRxUQ9zks

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 25 Apr, 2009 1:17 PM Quote
Darran wrote:

yup, Side Wide Open definatly is in the running for greatest thing ever. Also in that category is Turn live, the Oodles of Noodles video, and puppies.

I love that you can see Nik's head in all this dude's videos.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 12:44 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Darran wrote:

yup, Side Wide Open definatly is in the running for greatest thing ever. Also in that category is Turn live, the Oodles of Noodles video, and puppies.

I love that you can see Nik's head in all this dude's videos.

I love that this person wrote "SORRY FOR THE BIG FAT HEADS IN THE WAY" or something. Meaning...me. LOL!

Found this last night and meant to post it. You can see our bubbles!!! :D Sing - Chicago

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 10:50 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I have issues on the fact that ABC attenders haven't shared on the experience of seeing THE SNAKE BITE for the first time.

I meant to comment on this the other day. Seeing THE SNAKE BITE for the first time is an experience I will never forget. I have to say I am a much better person for seeing it. It really changed my life. I feel others could be deeply affected by it as well and it could make the world a better place. Thank you Anne for sharing this with us.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 10:59 PM Quote
Ana_Smith wrote:
Hey, everybody! Sorry to disrupt the chain of postings, reminiscence of such amazing days :)

I wanted to pass a sort of notice, letting you know what the "Convención Latinoamericana de Traviseros (CLAT)" thread is all about. Hoping that you may enlighten us with words of wisdom since you're the voices of experience. Feel free to post in English, even if we're writing it in Spanish, we'll reply accordingly ;)

Thanks a lot for the inspiration, this could have never been taken into serious consideration if it wasn't for your fantastic stories. I, personally, have high expectations, what can I lose by dreaming, right?
I wish we can live up to the standards of amazingness you've set up for us.

Here I translate more or less what I tried to convey in my "inaugural post":

Quote:

I call upon the Travis community of fans, from the center itself of America to the coldest tip of the south, to unite!

In the “If you’re an Argentinian” thread an idea started to come to life, especially in the last few days, reading how the American Bordies were all enjoying the US tour. Yes, we’re feeling jealous. Yes, we refuse to sit around and do nothing about it.
Because there are many of us and apparently we have a long wait ahead before they come back to play live for us.
So, I can’t think of a better idea than to, herein, begin the organization of our very own Convention!

What do you think? Will it prove to be successful? Will the final goal be attained? That is to say, will the pages and pages of future planning see a factual outcome in the end? I certainly hope so, because I think that it can turn out to be the best concert of our lives.
Because in such little time I’ve exchanged a couple of words with really cool people and I don’t want this to die only in words, words are blown by the wind.
Time will tell but, in the meantime, what do you say if we let our wildest fantasies loose?

Is it possible for us, all the members of this community, from Mexico to the Strait of Magellan, to follow our beloved Scots if their next tour should come anywhere near us?

What do you think?
Wish us luck, we need Travis to come back to South America!! (Our mental health is at stake, to say the least..)

Cheers!

Hey Ana, I think it's a fabulous idea! You should all do it if possible. It was such a fun weekend and so great to meet everyone in real life. Travis boardies are awesome people! Good luck to you all! :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 11:17 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
I have issues on the fact that ABC attenders haven't shared on the experience of seeing THE SNAKE BITE for the first time.

I meant to comment on this the other day. Seeing THE SNAKE BITE for the first time is an experience I will never forget. I have to say I am a much better person for seeing it. It really changed my life. I feel others could be deeply affected by it as well and it could make the world a better place. Thank you Anne for sharing this with us.

It was such a profound and personal experience for me that I didn't know if I should share it on the board. But at your request, I'll say that THE SNAKE BITE went straight to my heart and made me realize that Anne is a true artist in every sense of the word. I know she likes to sing, but I think modern dance is her true medium. THE SNAKE BITE is venomous!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 11:24 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Meridith wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

It was such a profound and personal experience for me that I didn't know if I should share it on the board. But at your request, I'll say that THE SNAKE BITE went straight to my heart and made me realize that Anne is a true artist in every sense of the word. I know she likes to sing, but I think modern dance is her true medium. THE SNAKE BITE is venomous!

I was just honored to be her dance partner! The Double SNAKE BITE was pretty epic!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 1:26 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Meridith wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

I was just honored to be her dance partner! The Double SNAKE BITE was pretty epic!

I have become a better human being for witnessing THE SNAKE BITE!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 3:18 AM Quote
Girls, your touching words about THE SNAKE BITE brought a tear to my eye. Granted that tear was one of laughter, but it was a tear nonetheless. Kayte recognizing the artistry behind my dance makes it feel like the years of perfecting it were worth it.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 3:16 PM Quote
I was listening to Sing on my way to work this morning and had a Pavlovian response to want to blow bubbles.

Pages Previous 1...95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:01 AM