Travis

Re: ABC: American Boardie Convention
minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 7:53 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
[Oh and I propose a TOronto weekend this summer, Nik. And Kayte if you can make it. And anyone else that wants to come. Hockey Hall of Fame, CN Tower, and clearly we must do this...
http://www.torontohippotours.com/html/home.html

I was JUST thinking that. I'd love to see Toronto. Maybe in August or something. : ) [/quote]

For sure! We will work it out over the next little bit. I scored a really good price on a hotel for a friend and I next month (we are having a Tragically Hip/Toronto weekend...not nearly on the scale of the ABC!) so I bet I can find us something equally awesome. I will show you milkbags (NOT THOSE ONES!) in the flesh. Bad choice of words, Im aware.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 8:38 PM Quote
And I can bring my big bag of Canadianish coins and we can have a grand ol' time!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 8:41 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
And I can bring my big bag of Canadianish coins and we can have a grand ol' time!

you can use them to buy poutine.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 9:25 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
I have issues on the fact that ABC attenders haven't shared on the experience of seeing THE SNAKE BITE for the first time.

It was thrilling. Seeing Anne and Nikki do a co-ordinating snake bite truly was something to behond. And she snake bit the Republic Tigers.

Anne SNAKE BITING The Republic Tigers was one of the funniest things I've seen. She also shouted out a Journey request and got a reaction out of them, lol!

Thank you. I practice my Dougie walk often. I was also going to do his sexy hip sway, but thought it was too inappropriate for a hotel lobby.

Nikki does a fantastic Dougie strut. Also a great imitation of the Republic Tiger's bass player.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 9:42 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
I have issues on the fact that ABC attenders haven't shared on the experience of seeing THE SNAKE BITE for the first time.

It was thrilling. Seeing Anne and Nikki do a co-ordinating snake bite truly was something to behond. And she snake bit the Republic Tigers.

Anne SNAKE BITING The Republic Tigers was one of the funniest things I've seen. She also shouted out a Journey request and got a reaction out of them, lol!

Thank you. I practice my Dougie walk often. I was also going to do his sexy hip sway, but thought it was too inappropriate for a hotel lobby.

Nikki does a fantastic Dougie strut. Also a great imitation of the Republic Tiger's bass player.

I *HEART* the Republic Tigers' bass player. His moves are like the exact opposite of Dougie, though. He's like a robot.

http://i43.tinypic.com/1zf3eom.jpg
That's him in front. My other favorites are DeShawn the Heelin' Coo lead guitarist and the Casey Affleck look-a-like on the right.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 9:52 PM Quote
I like the Casey Affleck guy and the Heelin' Coo guy, although, they look a lot better in person! woohooo!

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 10:21 PM Quote
HAHA! This was the second time I saw the Republic Tigers and that bassist makes me LAUGH! You know whenever you look over at Dougie, you get all giggly and blush? Well, whenever I looked at the RT bassist, I quite literally laughed out loud, every single time! He has some very interesting moves... I had to keep myself from looking at him for fear that I would insult the rest of the band if they saw me laughing at them! With that said, I gotta say that I really enjoyed their music and was quite happy to hear they were opening for Travis again (the first time I saw them open for Travis in the UK in Oct). I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed the bassist's performance hehe

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 11:04 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:
HAHA! This was the second time I saw the Republic Tigers and that bassist makes me LAUGH! You know whenever you look over at Dougie, you get all giggly and blush? Well, whenever I looked at the RT bassist, I quite literally laughed out loud, every single time! He has some very interesting moves... I had to keep myself from looking at him for fear that I would insult the rest of the band if they saw me laughing at them! With that said, I gotta say that I really enjoyed their music and was quite happy to hear they were opening for Travis again (the first time I saw them open for Travis in the UK in Oct). I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed the bassist's performance hehe

I am with you about getting all giggly and blushing when looking at Dougie:)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 11:08 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
hennypenny wrote:
Nikki wrote:
[quote="minnmess"] [quote="weirdmom"] I have issues on the fact that ABC attenders haven't
!

I *HEART* the Republic Tigers' bass player. His moves are like the exact opposite of Dougie, though. He's like a robot.

That's him in front. My other favorites are DeShawn the Heelin' Coo lead guitarist and the Casey Affleck look-a-like on the right.

I love that we have named them all! I hope D'Shawn keeps his heelan Coo bangs out of his face when he drives their red van. And Im also glad that Anne and I could come to a D'Shawn compromise.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 24 Apr, 2009 1:49 AM Quote
Kristy, if D'Shawn ever cuts his hair, deal's off.

flirting tips according to yahoo

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 24 Apr, 2009 4:44 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Kristy, if D'Shawn ever cuts his hair, deal's off.

flirting tips according to yahoo

There is a reason Im single (beyond the obvious). I cant pull off any of those!

Also, D'Shawn will never cut his hair. I just won't allow it.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 24 Apr, 2009 5:27 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Did anyone see the bass players tattoo on his left arm? It was the coolest!
I'm trying to find a picture. And maybe figure out what his name is.

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Fri 24 Apr, 2009 2:48 PM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:

Did anyone see the bass players tattoo on his left arm? It was the coolest!
I'm trying to find a picture. And maybe figure out what his name is.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2313/2317591087_7dff1c6cd2.jpg?v=0

Does this help? His name is Marc Pepperman.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 24 Apr, 2009 2:54 PM Quote
Pepperman! Reminds me of my dream about Anne and the freshly ground pepper.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 24 Apr, 2009 3:22 PM Quote
Did you see the tattoo on Pepperman's chest? It's a huge bass clef. I thought it was a T-shirt at first then I squinted and was like "Oh, I see a little patch of chest hair" LOL

Pages Previous 1...94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 Next All Times UTC Current Time 8:30 AM