Travis

Re: ABC: American Boardie Convention
Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 4:25 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
okay, i gave it some thought. We have all admitted to being highly unproductive this week. This just proves that we can not longer cope independently. Together we managed to:

-get around Chicago without getting lost
-Find a restaurant called Oodles of Noodles and a J Smith sign
-get a picture taken with the gong
-meet every member of the band, multiple times (some may call that stalking)
-sing Travis kareoke
-carry out the greatest boobcake plan in the history of mankind (im sure there have been many)
-Somehow happen upon the tour bus at the exact moment Frannypant was standing there, clearly waiting for us
-get setlists, guitar pics, hugs, etc
-survive Dusty McNugget, a death fan and a death cab
-2 people even got engaged!!

So, this just proves that together we can do anything. Seperatly we are pathetic.

Come join our commune. It will be lovely. lots of hippie beads, drum cirlces and tye die.

HAHAHAHA! Kristy you are hilarious.

I really did think we were going to die in that cab.

Ooooooooooooh we also got the FIRST Neily-FT pic!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 4:26 AM Quote
well put Kristy. Here is an example of me on my own. I just touched my forehead to discover it's bleeding. I somehow scratched myself so hard I'm oozing blood.

Though Kristy can attest to my liquid issues. At breakfast on Sunday I spilled water and tea on the mat, table, napkin, and my arm.

So at the commune can someone teach me how to drink? In exchange I will teach you how to flirt.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 4:29 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
well put Kristy. Here is an example of me on my own. I just touched my forehead to discover it's bleeding. I somehow scratched myself so hard I'm oozing blood.

Though Kristy can attest to my liquid issues. At breakfast on Sunday I spilled water and tea on the mat, table, napkin, and my arm.

So at the commune can someone teach me how to drink? In exchange I will teach you how to flirt.

I need that lesson please. Although your methods scare me.
Yes, you did have issues that morning, didnt you Sunshine?

Have we shared yet that Dusty invited you back to his place to smoke pot?

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 4:30 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

Anne, we are so alike in our clumsiness. I constantly spill liquids everywhere. You were a swimmer right? I think we are just uncoordinated on land.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 4:33 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
okay, i gave it some thought. We have all admitted to being highly unproductive this week. This just proves that we can not longer cope independently. Together we managed to:

-sing Travis kareoke
-carry out the greatest boobcake plan in the history of mankind (im sure there have been many)
-Somehow happen upon the tour bus at the exact moment Frannypant was standing there, clearly waiting for us

So, this just proves that together we can do anything. Seperatly we are pathetic.

Come join our commune. It will be lovely. lots of hippie beads, drum cirlces and tye die.

HAHAHAHA! Kristy you are hilarious.

I really did think we were going to die in that cab.

Ooooooooooooh we also got the FIRST Neily-FT pic!

Plus all of Andy's firsts. First flight, first time on a ferris wheel. first time eating a big giant salad.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 4:52 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:

-sing Travis kareoke

We must travel around in a pack at all times.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 4:53 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

And by flirting you mean petting and touching people on the nose.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 5:02 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

And by flirting you mean petting and touching people on the nose.

dont forget her signature move: the boob graze

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 11:56 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:
Okay, without further ado...

ABC boardies attempt to karaoke Turn

Note our special key changes and Anne's announcement of Travis playing at the Vic the next evening. :)

Hey thanks Meridith. I just got in from work and saw this - you boardies did us proud!! I did notice that Andrew was hiding from the camera and Anne, nice job on promoting the gig :-) I would have peed myself laughing if the Travis guys had come into the bar for a "quiet" drink that evening!!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 12:26 PM Quote
WOW

I have just read through everything there now. I'm so happy you all had such a wonderful time together! Sounds like it was loads of fun and the pics I have seen so far, hilarious! Going to check out the photobucket pics when I get home and the videos ofcourse. I just haven't had time to check things out the last couple of days. :(

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 12:52 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Have we shared yet that Dusty invited you back to his place to smoke pot?

LOL! That was so funny! So, what happened to Dusty anyways? He stayed after for hours! Did he meet the band or wander off into the night?

So, I'm getting ready for work now. :/ This sucks, you guys. I will be 100 percent usless today just thinking about how much fun this experience was.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 1:18 PM Quote
Oh, I think the world should be aware of something...

Nikki does the most amazing and accurate Dougie strut impression!

And kiddo, Ive been useless all week, so now it is your turn. (turn, turrrrrrrnnnn, turn)
Im wearing the purple version of your green shirt today :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 1:58 PM Quote
I've learned a lesson. Don't talk to non-boardies about ABC adventures. I was type/chatting with my friend in Kentucky about it and her response was:

"Man, you are ate up with it."

This cracked me up, but made me realize that outsiders do not understand about the feeling you get when Dougie smiles directly at you. Or when Fran spells your weird name correctly.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 2:16 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

"Man, you are ate up with it."

At least they didn't ask if you've gone on some hippie jam band venture

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 2:32 PM Quote
I'm glad I'm not the only useless one! Have I cleaned up my house yet? Noooooo. Laundry only because it's in the basement near the computer where I've been sitting every spare moment, reminiscing.

I got a good night's sleep last night and I'm almost back to 100%. I can speak. My only lingering injury is from burning the bajeepers out of my tongue on hot chocolate coming home from Cleveland. Ohio Starbucks is apparently 25ยบ hotter than Illinois Starbucks. I sipped before testing and I think I burned off every taste bud I own.

And I agree, Nikki does a great Dougie walk.

Pages Previous 1...91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:33 PM