Travis

Re: ABC: American Boardie Convention
monkey
monkey Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 3:11 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Jared (mer's husband) told the dusty mcnugget guy that FT were the band to scale. And DM asked me if folder they were in was my will. I thought he said well though. I was extra confused.

i thought the old dude was going to start hitting on Kristy. his gay comments were quite a surprise

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-27744509796426_2045_4033996

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 3:12 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Okay, I FINALLY read through this whole thread. So many great memories!

Anne, I discovered last night that you left your nipple gel in my bag. It made me laugh.

Teeny tiny elevator at our hotel that only held 3 people at a time, but had a weight limit of 2000 pounds. What's up with that?

That sounds like you have gel for some sorta ailment!!

ya, FT were such rule breakers. All 3 of them went in the elevator at once! They might be close to that 2000lbs limit.

Jared (mer's husband) told the dusty mcnugget guy that FT were the band to scale. And DM asked me if folder they were in was my will. I thought he said well though. I was extra confused.

LMAO! I totally forgot that he asked you if the FT folder was your will! So funny. >.<

And yes, I wasn't making out with the building...just doing a dramatic banging down the door pose because I was sad the gig was over. lol!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 3:16 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Yay, can't wait to see the video! What more could we want but Travis Boardies "singing" a Travis Classic!
BTW, Meridith, did you do all the fliming or was it your husband? Don't tell me, you managed to escape the singing??!! LOL.

Oh, my husband was filming. :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 3:18 PM Quote
I could immediately tell that Dusty McNugget was gay but was still surprised when he hit on monkey.

He hadn't heard of Travis and we suggested we buy their albums. He didn't want to buy all of them so we suggested starting with Singles. Somebody (maybe Jared) suggested he go to iTunes on his iPhone. He starts pressing buttons and then shows it to me saying, "is that them?"

That's when I saw Dusty McNugget and said, "no that's Dusty McNugget." Also he was just in his iPod not even the store!!

I took his phone and purchased Singles for him. Well minus entering his password. I'm shocked he could punch it in given how drunk/high he was.

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 3:22 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I could immediately tell that Dusty McNugget was gay but was still surprised when he hit on monkey.

He hadn't heard of Travis and we suggested we buy their albums. He didn't want to buy all of them so we suggested starting with Singles. Somebody (maybe Jared) suggested he go to iTunes on his iPhone. He starts pressing buttons and then shows it to me saying, "is that them?"

That's when I saw Dusty McNugget and said, "no that's Dusty McNugget." Also he was just in his iPod not even the store!!

I took his phone and purchased Singles for him. Well minus entering his password. I'm shocked he could punch it in given how drunk/high he was.

his password was his name, but i can't remember what it was

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 3:25 PM Quote
Aw I love the Edward Hopper one, Nighthawks is one of my favourite paintings, is it actually the original?

Oh, and I love all the pics of the boardies and the band as well :) Ye all look so nice and happy, good to know boardies get on well in real life as well, hehe.

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 3:30 PM Quote
I just looked at all your pics and it looked like soooooo much fun!!!
1) I'm glad you did all the quintessential Chicago stuff you could do!
2) It's good to know the smoke machine during the show was a problem for others' pics too. All my pics were just SO hazy!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 3:51 PM Quote
Awww, I love all the pics!!!
Kristy, you took some beautiful shots.
I love Hopper too!
Thanks for sharing, guys! Brilliant! :o)

Can't wait to see the karaoke video!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 3:55 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
Aw I love the Edward Hopper one, Nighthawks is one of my favourite paintings, is it actually the original?

Oh, and I love all the pics of the boardies and the band as well :) Ye all look so nice and happy, good to know boardies get on well in real life as well, hehe.

Yep, it was the original! I love Hopper too! All of those pictures of paintings were taken at the Art Institute of Chicago Museum. It was a really cool museum and had some of my favorite paintings there.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 3:56 PM Quote
Looooved all the pics! Clearly, you had a blast- I'm so happy for you guys! I've been awww-ing a lot lately, lol.
Like when I saw this:
http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv44/TravisABC09/ABC058.jpg?t=1240415154

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 4:00 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:

2) It's good to know the smoke machine during the show was a problem for others' pics too. All my pics were just SO hazy!

Yes, but it does make the pics look very atmospheric and artistic at the same time :-)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 4:01 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Looooved all the pics! Clearly, you had a blast- I'm so happy for you guys! I've been awww-ing a lot lately, lol.
Like when I saw this:
http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv44/TravisABC09/ABC058.jpg?t=1240415154

That is Paisley!! Her owner walked her by us when we were waiting for the bus to Navy Pier (where a guy happened to be waiting who worked there, so he took us! woot to not getting lost). Paisley was adorable and wanted everyone to play with her.

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 4:05 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Okay, I FINALLY read through this whole thread. So many great memories!

Anne, I discovered last night that you left your nipple gel in my bag. It made me laugh.

Teeny tiny elevator at our hotel that only held 3 people at a time, but had a weight limit of 2000 pounds. What's up with that?

That sounds like you have gel for some sorta ailment!!

ya, FT were such rule breakers. All 3 of them went in the elevator at once! They might be close to that 2000lbs limit.

LMAO! I totally forgot that he asked you if the FT folder was your will! So funny. >.<

And yes, I wasn't making out with the building...just doing a dramatic banging down the door pose because I was sad the gig was over. lol!

Oh I'm quite sad to know this isn't some weird American door-hugging tradition :-(

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 4:09 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:
deebee wrote:
Yay, can't wait to see the video! What more could we want but Travis Boardies "singing" a Travis Classic!
BTW, Meridith, did you do all the fliming or was it your husband? Don't tell me, you managed to escape the singing??!! LOL.

Oh, my husband was filming. :)

Aha so you're up there "on stage" too. Many people are waiting to see this EPIC performance, hehe!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 4:30 PM Quote
deebee wrote:

Oh I'm quite sad to know this isn't some weird American door-hugging tradition :-(

It's the start of one.
But hugging a glass door does pose its risks if there are people on the other side.

Pages Previous 1...88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 Next All Times UTC Current Time 5:34 AM