Travis

Re: ABC: American Boardie Convention
Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 5:34 AM Quote
Oh, forgot to add this to my above post.

I was just wondering what happened to the video of us singing Turn at the bar Friday night?

Mer, is there any way you can put it on youtube and not tag it. You can send us the link via FB and we can then figure out if we want to post it on the board or not. :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 6:00 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
monkey wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

After dinner on Friday Kayte got the cupcakes from the hotel and brought them to the karaoke bar where I quickly used some pink icing gel to make some nips. I then got the DJ to announce his birthday, threw the hat on him, and we surprised him with the cupcakes. Thankfully he got right away what they were and a few of us had a cupcake (delicious by the way).I even shared some with some folks at the table next to us and the doorman.

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv44/TravisABC09/ABC013.jpg

That pic is killing me! Thats me in the blue in part of the picture. This guy wanted to shake my hand and his fingers were all sticky! Ewwwwww!

hahaha, and if i remember correctly, he kept singing to you. Oh, and Dusty McNugget made you touch his JC Penny jacket. poor you!
Im dying writing this.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 7:40 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
hennypenny wrote:
monkey wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

After dinner on Friday Kayte got the cupcakes from the hotel and brought them to the karaoke bar where I quickly used some pink icing gel to make some nips. I then got the DJ to announce his birthday, threw the hat on him, and we surprised him with the cupcakes. Thankfully he got right away what they were and a few of us had a cupcake (delicious by the way).I even shared some with some folks at the table next to us and the doorman.

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv44/TravisABC09/ABC013.jpg

That pic is killing me! Thats me in the blue in part of the picture. This guy wanted to shake my hand and his fingers were all sticky! Ewwwwww!

hahaha, and if i remember correctly, he kept singing to you. Oh, and Dusty McNugget made you touch his JC Penny jacket. poor you!
Im dying writing this.

I think this dude looks like his name could be Dusty McNugget. I had to laugh because Jared could see that the real Dusty McNugget really wanted to talk to Anne...or Andrew. So Jared kept talking to him to him just because. Wasn't Jared telling him that FT was to actual scale of the real Travis? Dusty had a one-track mind though. Did anyone mention how he bought a Travis album because Anne told him to?

Oh and, I'm going to work on the Karaoke video in the morning. :)

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 7:53 AM Quote
Yay, can't wait to see the video! What more could we want but Travis Boardies "singing" a Travis Classic!
BTW, Meridith, did you do all the fliming or was it your husband? Don't tell me, you managed to escape the singing??!! LOL.

melanch0lic
melanch0lic Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 8:12 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
hennypenny wrote:
Also, I know how much you like Neil and after the show he was so nice. He gave me a hug and kissed my forehead. So sweet:)

I do like Neil! Like most drummers I think he doesn't get enough love.

Hey Anne, I was talking to a different Ann(melanchOlic), lol. But I know you like drummers too:)

Lindsay, I'm so JEALOUS!! He's a perfect gentleman =) I don't mind if he doesn't get enough love...more to go around!

LOL ANNE, I might have to declare a thumb war between us to vie for Neil's affection if we were ever at the same show. LOL just typing this makes me feel silly. I'm not that fanatic, really. Maybe a bit for Neil.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 9:45 AM Quote

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 9:46 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Also, Andy, don't even TRY to play innocent! You were such a slob along with Kristy and I, LOL! We really did trash that room. Rock star style. FT even had to shower from our filth.

having clean clothes down one side of the bed and dirty clothes down the other side of the bed doesn't make you a slob, it's simply a syetem that works and works well!. :)

I am with Monkey on that one. That is a perfectly good system :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 2:24 PM Quote
Okay, guys and dolls!
Here it is, the link to all of our pics. Close to a thousand, I do believe.

www.photobucket.com/travisabc09

Names are in some of the titles so you know whose they are. Apologies for many of mine. I need to go through and edit out many of the poor quality ones, but just havent had the time. It was just easier to upload them all for now.

Enjoy. Cant wait to hear your comments.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 2:30 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Okay, guys and dolls!
Here it is, the link to all of our pics. Close to a thousand, I do believe.

www.photobucket.com/travisabc09

Names are in some of the titles so you know whose they are. Apologies for many of mine. I need to go through and edit out many of the poor quality ones, but just havent had the time. It was just easier to upload them all for now.

Enjoy. Cant wait to hear your comments.

Cool! I didn't put my name on or caption mine. Oh well. There were too many and I'm too lazy. :P

Enjoy people! :)

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 2:35 PM Quote
Holy Crap!!! this is gonna take me hours (......but it'll be fun!)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 2:43 PM Quote
As I know it'll amuse people I'm really trying hard not to delete the one of me dancing where my arm is in some sort of odd position.

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 2:48 PM Quote
Excellent!! I've just had a quick peek.
Kristy you've got some fab shots of the band on stage.
I love the one of FT with the coffee cups, LOL......
But Nikki, WHAT were you doing snogging a door??????? hehe
Explain please.......

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 2:57 PM Quote
Okay, I FINALLY read through this whole thread. So many great memories!

Anne, I discovered last night that you left your nipple gel in my bag. It made me laugh.

Addition to the story of $1100 jacket guy who was hitting on Andrew. Anne asked where he got the jacket and he said he didn't remember, but it was some store up on Michigan Ave. and Anne goes, "Oh, was it JC Penney?" As drunk as he was, I think he was slightly offended, which made it extra funny. (For those in other countries, JC Penney is a chain department store for the common man. They wouldn't sell $1100 leather jackets.)

I listened to Dusty McNugget. Not impressed. I had much higher hopes for a song with that title.

Teeny tiny elevator at our hotel that only held 3 people at a time, but had a weight limit of 2000 pounds. What's up with that?

My name is hooka. I smoke on the second floor. I smoke upstairs from you.

"Follow that cab!" I think we all have our own special cab ride memories.

Ahhhh, Chicago. I don't know when or where, but we really do need to do something like this again someday.

I keep having to go to bed late and get up early so I still have not recovered fully. I'm going to take a nice long nap today when the as soon as Violet does.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 2:58 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Excellent!! I've just had a quick peek.
Kristy you've got some fab shots of the band on stage.
I love the one of FT with the coffee cups, LOL......
But Nikki, WHAT were you doing snogging a door??????? hehe
Explain please.......

HAHAH! she wasnt snogging it. We went to the venue the next day it was all sad and empty. That is her being sad and banging down the door.
I dont think the Starbucks chick really wanted to give me free cups, but...FT will get you anything!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 3:01 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Okay, I FINALLY read through this whole thread. So many great memories!

Anne, I discovered last night that you left your nipple gel in my bag. It made me laugh.

Teeny tiny elevator at our hotel that only held 3 people at a time, but had a weight limit of 2000 pounds. What's up with that?

That sounds like you have gel for some sorta ailment!!

ya, FT were such rule breakers. All 4 of them went in the elevator at once! They might be close to that 2000lbs limit.

Jared (mer's husband) told the dusty mcnugget guy that FT were the band to scale. And DM asked me if folder they were in was my will. I thought he said well though. I was extra confused.

Pages Previous 1...87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 Next All Times UTC Current Time 12:15 PM