Travis

Re: ABC: American Boardie Convention
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 5:11 AM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
Meridith wrote:
mozman68 wrote:
Fran told me himself.....

mini tour under a different name in February...2 weeks...small clubs (U.K.) to practice new songs.

So does that mean they won't tour under the TRAVIS name????

Yep...he said they might be opening for other small bands...makes me want to go to the UK for a month...

Yeah...not sure what Dougie will do as his baby is due in March....

I don't think you would actually see the album until May though....April at the earliest.

Teeeeeee! I'm so glad I have something to look forward to!

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 5:13 AM Quote
Lauren and I were preparing ourselves for an amazing setlist in San Diego since it is their last gig and all.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 5:55 AM Quote
i just realized that the SD gig is tonight. oh man, i hope it's not a crazy long set list with all the surprises...

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 6:10 AM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
Meridith wrote:
mozman68 wrote:
Fran told me himself.....

mini tour under a different name in February...2 weeks...small clubs (U.K.) to practice new songs.

So does that mean they won't tour under the TRAVIS name????

Yep...he said they might be opening for other small bands...makes me want to go to the UK for a month...

Yeah...not sure what Dougie will do as his baby is due in March....

I don't think you would actually see the album until May though....April at the earliest.

That would be cool to see them in the UK playing their new stuff. That's a great time to get cheap flights too.

Nice avatar btw!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 6:10 AM Quote
argh! stupid double post.

yeah, I'm sure tonight is going to be over the top with it being the last gig and in CA no less.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 6:18 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:

yeah, I'm sure tonight is going to be over the top with it being the last gig and in CA no less.

Don't say that! Makes me wanna cry...
I'm really kind of sad that there was no U16 Girls, wait scratch that. I wasn't sad, honestly. There is no possible way you can be sad at a Travis gig, just no way. Fran did acknowledge me, but they didn't play it. My reaction was just, "Hmmm, okay then."

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 6:25 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Meridith wrote:

I'm really kind of sad that there was no U16 Girls, wait scratch that. I wasn't sad, honestly. There is no possible way you can be sad at a Travis gig, just no way. Fran did acknowledge me, but they didn't play it. My reaction was just, "Hmmm, okay then."

or then again, they could be really tired and really ready to go home- so they just play the regular set list...but probably not.

yeah, hard to be sad with Travis playing. :) Did they play U16 Girls in Kansas?

I'm kicking myself for not asking Fran before the show if they were going to play 3 Times and You Lose....I heart that song.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 6:30 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
Meridith wrote:

or then again, they could be really tired and really ready to go home- so they just play the regular set list...but probably not.

I'm kicking myself for not asking Fran before the show if they were going to play 3 Times and You Lose....I heart that song.

No.
Come to think of it there wasn't any special surprises in Kansas. Well, we sang to Fran, they threw candy at us, Dougie hit me with a tootsie roll (revolting), I got to eat some of FRAN HEALY'S BIRTHDAY CAKE which was cut by NIGEL GODRICH... so what am I complaining about?

But then again the crowd was pitiful like (200, for real) and lacking in energy. I include myself in that lot, I only knew 7 of their songs at the time (Sing, Side, Flowers in the Window, WDIAROM, Closer, Selfish Jean, Love Will Come Through), now I'm a full fledged fanatic.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 6:36 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Dougie hit me with a tootsie roll (revolting),

GASP...tootsie roll hater!

Lol sorry I'm really avoiding my essay at all costs.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 6:45 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Meridith wrote:

No.
Come to think of it there wasn't any special surprises in Kansas. Well, we sang to Fran, they threw candy at us, Dougie hit me with a tootsie roll (revolting), I got to eat some of FRAN HEALY'S BIRTHDAY CAKE which was cut by NIGEL GODRICH... so what am I complaining about?

But then again the crowd was pitiful like (200, for real) and lacking in energy. I include myself in that lot, I only knew 7 of their songs at the time (Sing, Side, Flowers in the Window, WDIAROM, Closer, Selfish Jean, Love Will Come Through), now I'm a full fledged fanatic.

um yeah, you had it good there with the birthday cake. Las vegas crowd was lacking in energy too. What a bummer. Maybe if they had been more excited we would've gotten the extra long set too. sigh

lindsey22295 wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
Dougie hit me with a tootsie roll (revolting),

GASP...tootsie roll hater!

Lol sorry I'm really avoiding my essay at all costs.

second you on that one...what's wrong with tootsie rolls?

I'm avoiding my freelance at all costs. Doing a pretty good job at it too.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 3:26 PM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
lindsey22295 wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
carlottarocks wrote:
The summer would be best. I don't wanna wait out in the cold again ;)

Dude, I was in a skirt! Running up the street looking for the Cheesecake Factory homeslice!

And I was barefoot to show the boys my tat! In the friggin cold!

I'm beginning to realize I'd do anything for those boys.

Whatcha doing wearing a skirt in seattle in Nov silly

Because I looked cute... that's why!

And even with flat shoes on, (I had my off brand Uggs on hey, I got them 50% from my employer, and they're comfortable...) one of the first things Moz (Mark) said to me was, "Damn girl you're tall."

WHY?!

Lol... I have fake uggs too...they are called emus and are only $30! How tall are you? I felt bad for the people behind us at the San Francisco show because my best friend is 6 ft.

Hi girls :)

My off-brand Uggs

Hey Lauren, how did Fran acknowledged your request for U16 Girls? Did you shout it out to him during the concert? What did he say back? Just wondering.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 3:31 PM Quote
how close is OKC from Austin ?

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 3:42 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

it's about a 6-7 hour drive...about 350 miles...why?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 3:48 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

BOBO'S Chicken stand in Oklahoma City

"on the deuce trey near the MLK" - bobby dixon

which means just west of MLK on NE23rd

I wanna check that place out

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 3:55 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

BOBO'S Chicken stand in Oklahoma City

"on the deuce trey near the MLK" - bobby dixon

which means just west of MLK on NE23rd

I wanna check that place out

oh, i think i saw that place when i was in OKC last month...
are you gonna be in austin or something?

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:28 PM