Travis

Re: ABC: American Boardie Convention
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 03 Feb, 2009 6:43 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
Well you can all thank Monkey.

Before I wasn't really going to make an effort to try and make it, BUT, he IMed me last night and successfully put me in a guilt trip. So I'll make every attempt to go to Chi-Town.

Yay! Wahoo Lauren! If I can come all the way from UT...you can come from Kansas!

Thank you monkey boy!

I said I'd try. I never said I'd make it

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 03 Feb, 2009 7:05 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Meridith wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
Well you can all thank Monkey.

Before I wasn't really going to make an effort to try and make it, BUT, he IMed me last night and successfully put me in a guilt trip. So I'll make every attempt to go to Chi-Town.

Yay! Wahoo Lauren! If I can come all the way from UT...you can come from Kansas!

Thank you monkey boy!

I said I'd try. I never said I'd make it

Well, at least you are going to try. It wouldn't be the same without you my dear.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 03 Feb, 2009 9:59 AM Quote
SO much fun and NO Swede Boy, I'm a bit jealous :(

I wish you all a nice Convention and that the gig will be as great as only Travis can make it =)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 03 Feb, 2009 12:43 PM Quote
First no Moray, now Darran cant come. Lauren you better be there or Im going to start crying and sitting in corners and pouting in states of self pity

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 03 Feb, 2009 1:05 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
First no Moray, now Darran cant come. Lauren you better be there or Im going to start crying and sitting in corners and pouting in states of self pity

Awww, no boardie real life romance then...

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 03 Feb, 2009 1:15 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Awww, no boardie real life romance then...

Nice one Meggy ;)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 03 Feb, 2009 1:15 PM Quote
Really hope you can make it, Lauren!!

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 03 Feb, 2009 1:29 PM Quote
This should be in travis chat, not general

th74
th74 Posted Tue 03 Feb, 2009 4:57 PM Quote
I won't be making it, either. And Chicago is so close to me! I will be hosting a bridal shower on the day of the show.

I will be sick with envy and sadness since I won't be there. I will have to console myself with the fact that I will see Travis the day before here in MN.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 03 Feb, 2009 5:01 PM Quote
th74 wrote:
I won't be making it, either. And Chicago is so close to me! I will be hosting a bridal shower on the day of the show.

I will be sick with envy and sadness since I won't be there. I will have to console myself with the fact that I will see Travis the day before here in MN.

Nooooooooo!!!

My suggestion:

1) host your shower
2) jump on a plane
3) be there in time for the show
4) have a great Sunday with us
5) go back

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 03 Feb, 2009 5:07 PM Quote
Today just keeps getting suckier and suckier.
Yesterday's excitment level: 1000000
today's: 0.5 (and that is only because I had to fax something to someone named Fran. Even though this Fran was a woman. It still made me smile. Small victories)

I'm ready for today to be over.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 03 Feb, 2009 5:08 PM Quote
Have it the week after. Or the week before. It's two months away, I'm sure you haven't sent invitations yet.

We have to think FLEXIBILITY, people!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 03 Feb, 2009 5:43 PM Quote
kayte with the yoga word , LOL

lilly
lilly Posted Tue 03 Feb, 2009 11:24 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
lilly wrote:
ok I don't have the time to read this whole thread, so I don't know if anyone has ever mentioned this, but:

IF you're going to have that "ABC" in Chicago (or anywhere else), you should totally go and try what fans of Embrace managed a few years ago: a 10-minute video of a pre-concert fan-meeting made it in the "Extras" of an Embrace DVD.
I'd love to see you all on a Travis live DVD some day ;)

I'm on that. So many memories, Twas an excellent weekend. Look out for me during the gig itself during Keeping for the big close up.

seriously??
I tried to sell the DVD some time ago (while going through a cleaning frenzy) but no one wanted it on German Amazon (which is typical), so I still have it somewhere, have to have a look...

I still think the ABC should make it on a live-DVD. That would be a consolation (a tiny one, but still) for all of us poor little boardie souls who can't be there.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 2:44 PM Quote
So, are we still all systems go with this thing?

Also, I see pre-sale ticket sales start at 10:00 CST, so that'll be 11:00 for us ESTers.

I'm also trying to talk myself into Cleveland. Nikki, thoughts?

Pages Previous 1...45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:51 PM