Travis

Re: ABC: American Boardie Convention
minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 5:56 PM Quote
No one is going to believe that Moray isnt involved with espianage with a name like Moray Swan.
"and my kilt is full of radio active material. mwa ha ha"

edit: that was NOT in any way shape or form meant to sound dirty!

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 5:57 PM Quote
I, too, thought you only needed a passport unless you were staying more than a month or so. They sure don't make it easy for you guys. Stupid!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 6:07 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
Darran, you don't need a visa unless you have a passport that is not machine-readable.

Being a Travel Agent I can tell you all UK citizens do from 12th Jan. Ok it's still part of the Visa Waiver Scheme but you have to do it before you travel or the berks at the airport turn you away on the next plane home.

http://www.esta.us/travel_authorization.html?gclid=CPj4-9qMjJgCFUoa3godghl2CQ

Apparently you get asked if you are involved in Espionage amongst other things. My mate had to fill one out the other day.

But that's a travel authorization, not a visa. Only if denied you need to apply for one.

I have a friend from Tunesia and her friends once chose 'yes' as the answer to 'are you a terrorist?' question. They did it only because they found such questions pretty stupid. But it was not a good idea.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 6:09 PM Quote
You better start filing your papers, Megg. Do you need a formal invitation? I'm sure any of us would be more than happy to write you one. But I guess it would work better if we knew when to invite you.

Begging and pleading for dates on T-chat probably wouldn't work, but sometimes I feel like doing that.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 6:14 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
You better start filing your papers, Megg. Do you need a formal invitation? I'm sure any of us would be more than happy to write you one. But I guess it would work better if we knew when to invite you.

Begging and pleading for dates on T-chat probably wouldn't work, but sometimes I feel like doing that.

I feel like doing that every day, Kayte! I don't want to be annoying and start a "PLEASE COME TO THE US!!!!!!!" thread....but it's tempting. lol. Maybe we should start one? I'm starting to get worried. WE NEED TOUR DATES!

Darran, so you're saying UK residents now need a Visa to get into the US as well? Do you have one?

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 7:29 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Darran wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
Darran, you don't need a visa unless you have a passport that is not machine-readable.

Being a Travel Agent I can tell you all UK citizens do from 12th Jan. Ok it's still part of the Visa Waiver Scheme but you have to do it before you travel or the berks at the airport turn you away on the next plane home.

http://www.esta.us/travel_authorization.html?gclid=CPj4-9qMjJgCFUoa3godghl2CQ

Apparently you get asked if you are involved in Espionage amongst other things. My mate had to fill one out the other day.

But that's a travel authorization, not a visa. Only if denied you need to apply for one.

I have a friend from Tunesia and her friends once chose 'yes' as the answer to 'are you a terrorist?' question. They did it only because they found such questions pretty stupid. But it was not a good idea.

Confusing stuff there!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 8:45 PM Quote
This visa thing has added to my stress.

Thanks jerkface government.

At least Darran can be of some use.

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 9:01 PM Quote
The beeb explains all

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7822794.stm

it just replaces the form you used to have to fill in on the plane.
And in fact we could all apply now for the hell of it, as its free and covers you for a 2 year period. It's no biggy.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 9:06 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
The beeb explains all

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7822794.stm

it just replaces the form you used to have to fill in on the plane.
And in fact we could all apply now for the hell of it, as its free and covers you for a 2 year period. It's no biggy.

Oh good. That settles my mind a bit.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 9:11 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Im not going anywhere where Ric gets to control the music.

who said control , we all bring tapes and take turns .

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 9:15 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
minnmess wrote:

the only TAPES I have are from when I was 8. I assure you I had bad taste then.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 9:20 PM Quote
I know we still have a Young MC tape. I'll have to look through our tapes and see what other gems we have.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 9:24 PM Quote
I call shotgun

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 9:25 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I know we still have a Young MC tape. I'll have to look through our tapes and see what other gems we have.

that 'll work , bust a move

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 9:26 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
minnmess wrote:

the only TAPES I have are from when I was 8. I assure you I had bad taste then.

Just make a tape from CD's. If you tell me you don't have a tape player, I'm going to drown myself.

Pages Previous 1...38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:06 AM