Travis

Re: ABC: American Boardie Convention
Moray
Moray Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 4:43 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

AND we are playing Cranium

FYI I rule all at Cranium!!!

I'm not flying thousands of miles to go to the cinema by the way. Now karaoke on the other hand...... I call shotgun on dueting with Anne for "Don't Stop Believin'". Just wait till you see my 'rock star frontman karaoke moves'.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 4:57 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
minnmess wrote:

AND we are playing Cranium

FYI I rule all at Cranium!!!

I'm not flying thousands of miles to go to the cinema by the way. Now karaoke on the other hand...... I call shotgun on dueting with Anne for "Don't Stop Believin'". Just wait till you see my 'rock star frontman karaoke moves'.

That is reason enough to go! Someone scout out karaoke bars.

Cranium is already packed and ready to go. Well, not really but pretend it is. Think of the filth possibilities with the drawing/playdoh/moving the people thingie.
P.S. Im pretty awful at hummdinger. I start laughing while trying to hum. Keep that in mind when picking teams.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 5:24 PM Quote
Okay, Moray, because you are a guest in our country, you can have Don't Stop Believing. But I want you to sing, "Born and raised in south Detroit," with heart and soul.

I've never played Cranium.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 5:27 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Okay, Moray, because you are a guest in our country, you can have Don't Stop Believing. But I want you to sing, "Born and raised in south Detroit," with heart and soul.

while doing the 'Detroit Rock City Devil's Horns" ??
I'm sad that you've never played Cranium.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 5:40 PM Quote
Moray, our duet will be the stuff of legends I am sure.

Even though (get ready to be shocked) I have never done Journey in a karaoke setting.

Weird, huh?? I have no real explanation as to why. But still I am confident we will rock it.

I was born in Detroit so that line has to rock.

I also rock at Cranium.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 5:44 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

while doing the 'Detroit Rock City Devil's Horns" ??
I'm sad that you've never played Cranium.

Yeah! No going to the movies! I want to hang out with people! Not sit in the dark in silence! lol. Don't worry boys, you have no clue how much planning we have done for this thing! :D

LOL! Kristy, I was gonna say that about the "Detroit ROCK City" devil horns! Moray is good at that. I've only done karaoke once in my life, people! :/ But I'll do it if someone goes up there with me. Maybe... :P

Kayte, you will LOVE Cranium! If you take every fun game and cram it together, that's Cranium! It involves charades, drawing, humming, molding things out of clay and so on. My favorite one is where you have to use another person to act something out. That is always hilarious.

Last night we also came up with the idea of bringing TWISTER!!!! Which I'm all for but Kristy claims I have an unfair advantage with my long limbs.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 5:51 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
[quote="minnmess"]
Yeah! No going to the movies! I want to hang out with people! Not sit in the dark in silence! lol. Don't worry boys, you have no clue how much planning we have done for this thing! :D

LOL! Kristy, I was gonna say that about the "Detroit ROCK City" devil horns! Moray is good at that. I've only done karaoke once in my life, people! :/ But I'll do it if someone goes up there with me. Maybe... :P

Kayte, you will LOVE Cranium! If you take every fun game and cram it together, that's Cranium! It involves charades, drawing, humming, molding things out of clay and so on. My favorite one is where you have to use another person to act something out. That is always hilarious.

Last night we also came up with the idea of bringing TWISTER!!!! Which I'm all for but Kristy claims I have an unfair advantage with my long limbs.

I love all the 'planning' you are claiming we have done. Besides looking at a hotel, none of the planning is in anyway helpful to this event actually happening.
It's been a lot of: "this person like warm pillows. This person likes cold pillows. They can't share a room....TWISTER! Moray and Anne dance moves! Cranium!"
Although I suppose that stuff is more important that logistics.

Kristy doesnt want to make a fool of herself doing kareoke. Instead she is going to talk in 3rd person.

And I agree, the moving people thing is really fun in Cranium. Especially when the person being moved has NO idea what is going on.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 5:53 PM Quote
It is perfectly wonderful that Anne has never karaoke'd Journey before. She was saving it for THE MOMENT OF A LIFETIME! I've never done karaoke at all.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 5:56 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:
[quote="minnmess"]

I love all the 'planning' you are claiming we have done. Besides looking at a hotel, none of the planning is in anyway helpful to this event actually happening.
It's been a lot of: "this person like warm pillows. This person likes cold pillows. They can't share a room....TWISTER! Moray and Anne dance moves! Cranium!"
Although I suppose that stuff is more important that logistics.

Kristy doesnt want to make a fool of herself doing kareoke. Instead she is going to talk in 3rd person.

And I agree, the moving people thing is really fun in Cranium. Especially when the person being moved has NO idea what is going on.

That is ALL very important stuff, BLT. Especially finding out who is CPP or WPP. LOL.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 5:57 PM Quote
you are right. It is most important.
Also, we have done the most important planning of all...what clothes to bring!

CPP Baby!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 6:00 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
we have done the most important planning of all...what clothes to bring!

i hope nikki brings the tye dye blanket

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 6:02 PM Quote
When is Meridith going to unveil the official T-shirt?

We need a Boardie logo, too.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 6:07 PM Quote
I want dates so we can know who for sure is coming. I hope lots of boardies make it at least for the day of the show.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 6:08 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
When is Meridith going to unveil the official T-shirt?

We need a Boardie logo, too.

can the logo be BBB?
I was researching some company today and they had the better business bureau logo on their website and i almost spit my lunch out at my screen.
The modifiyed arts, music, jaffa cake should be the tshirt as I heart it.
And then everyone is signing them at the end of the weekend.
And we will all wear these shirts at the show (and kinda look like morons) and Fran will dedicate a song to us and then the band will come out kareokeing afterwards. Claes will sing Abba. Fran will sing Take That. Actually, it would be horrible/hilarious if Fran sang Nickleback. I would die laughing.
My pretend life in my head is way more fun than my real life.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 6:15 PM Quote
What if it's not on a weekend? That would stink.

No the boardie logo cannot be BBB. But you may add that to your own shirt if you wish. I'm going to make a turtle shirt.

Pages Previous 1...33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:06 AM