Travis

Re: Thanksgiving!? Bah! Humbug!
mud
mud Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 11:03 PM Quote
good luck, let us know how it goes!

just vision it and everything will turn out fine.
maybe even have an extra turkey on backup just in case.

i think there are TUrkeys you can buy that are already done.
maybe just do that and keep it easy. or research recipes and advice online on how to prepare the turkey and it should turn out okay, NO worries.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 11:24 PM Quote
you need a 2 min comedy relief ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AAgYgqBVyI

like rice a roni , the San FRANcisco treat

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 2:47 AM Quote
Awww, thank you everyone for your kind words of encouragement. I have purchased a baster. I bought some new drinking glasses. I have made dessert. I have tried to clean the kid spots off the sofa as best I can. I have vacuumed. I'll attack the bathroom before bed. Tomorrow hubs will set up all the extra tables and chairs and put the leaf in our dining room table. Kitchen is a disaster area, but, huhhh, I have no place to put all this stuff. PYT (Pretty Young Turkey) goes in about 10:00 AM. Then comes the potatoes--I'll be peeling potatoes forever. Gravy while the turkey is resting. Veggies to heat. Rolls to brown At least craberry sauce is easy, canned. Can I cry now?

Ric, I could play it cool and pretend I don't know who Shields and Yarnell are, but instead I'm going to say, Oh my gosh, I remember when they used to be on Donnie and Marie! (or was it Sonny and Cher?) I always liked it when they put those pads of paper on their heads and peeled them off one by one and they all had different eyes and mouths on them. I guess people were easier to entertain in the 70's.

Until tomorrow...Happy Thanksgiving boardies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ohTaXTjcuA

Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 5:19 AM Quote
Happy Thanksgiving and good luck tomorrow!

heyjude
heyjude Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 5:26 AM Quote
turtle, you're a superwoman doing all that! i hope your thanksgiving is a success.

have a yummy thanksgiving, everyone :-)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 2:29 PM Quote
Shields and Yarnell on Donny and Marie ? how'd I miss that ? I was thinking the muppet show !

D - day has arrived

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 4:51 PM Quote
Dinner chez Turtleneck

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/AbsolutPurple/thanksvigingflickr.jpg

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 4:51 PM Quote
No, it's not D-Day, it's T-Day.

PYT has been in the oven for an hour and a half. My daughter says, "Mommy, what smells like scrambled eggs?" Is that a good sign or a bad sign?

I must say that I am literally pulsating with nervosity. (For those of you who are non-native English speakers, that is a word I made up, so don't try to find it in a dictionary.)

I had a dream last night. I dreamed I woke up late; it was noon. I rushed downstairs to put the turkey in the oven and everyone was already here. I was still in my jammies. Embarrassing. My uncle said, "You sure have been wasting a lot of time. You should have been doing this two hours ago!" I opened up the oven door and it was full of junk. Old brownies that no one ate (which would NEVER happen at my house!), school papers I was supposed to have looked at, a broken laptop computer that doesn't even belong to us. Just a bunch of stuff was shoved in there. By the time I cleaned it all out, it was 1:00. I had a house full of people, I hadn't taken a shower, and now everyone had to hang around for 5 more hours. I suddenly got incredibly sleepy. All I wanted to do was sleep. (For those of you who are Treivis fans, I think that was their premiere single just before Feathers in the Window--All I Want To Do Is Sleep. Instead of the raucous "Heeeeeeyyyyyyy," it has a very soft and mellow, "Shhhhhhhhhh, all I wanna do is sleep." For obvious reasons they can't play it in concert.) Anyway, I was overcome with sleep, so I went back upstairs to go to bed. For some reason, my bed was in the attic. It was freezing cold. I had to put on my coat. I got all snuggled in and my aunt came upstairs and started asking me how one purchases Christmas gifts online. She said every time she tried to order something, her internet program would quit. She kept asking all kinds of computer questions that I didn't know. I finally yelled to her, "GET A MAC!" and at that point, I think I woke up.

It's a sign. I am not meant to be hostess.
Three hours and fifteen minutes to go.
I'll be back tonight or tomorrow morning to let you know how it went.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 4:56 PM Quote
that was quite surreal

RAWK ! i'm gonna go see the MIST , it better be worth my 7 bucks

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 4:56 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
PYT has been in the oven for an hour and a half. My daughter says, "Mommy, what smells like scrambled eggs?" Is that a good sign or a bad sign?

MOUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!
*giggles reached 8 on Richter scale*

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 4:08 AM Quote
Wonder how it all went down , everything O K ?

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 9:29 AM Quote
Turtleneck, you seriously have the funniest dreams ever!

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 2:44 PM Quote
SuperTurtle are you alive ???

emmahealy
emmahealy Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 2:48 PM Quote
Musta been good... no comment yet unless your shopping since 4am!!

thats a crazy american thing I cannot understand.. Every friday after thanksgiving the stores open at ungodly hours to to sell stuff off sometimes there are bargins sometimes not.. the sales usually end at 9 or 11AM and the rest of the day has other not so cool offers.

but still 4 AM TO SHOP!!! i don't think so.

Hope the dinner went well

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 3:01 PM Quote
Wonder if the band could be scoring some TOTAL deals on new Baseball boots ! ?

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:16 PM