Travis

Re: Boardies in dreams
minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 01 Jul, 2009 2:33 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Last night I dreamed that Meridith went para-sailing with Flat Travis and had Jared record it. Flat Travis got ruined because of all the splashing water and the video was so bad you could barely tell it was Meridith in it.

Well Mer, that wasn't such a good idea afterall, was it? :P

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 01 Jul, 2009 3:03 PM Quote
Way to go Mer.

(sarcastic clapping)

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Wed 01 Jul, 2009 5:51 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

It's funny when people develop language skills in dreams. I once had a dream "in latin", because I had a latin test the following day.

I still dream in english everynow and then and also in hebrew which is even weirder because my knowlegde of the language is poor and i only stayed there for a month 10 years ago.

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 08 Jul, 2009 5:03 PM Quote
I always dream in Spanish ^^ This thing about dreams and languages reminded me of this :D

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 14 Jul, 2009 2:55 PM Quote
I dreamt that I was in the Anne of Green Gables story. I wasn't, at least at first, a participant. I was mainly seeing it exactly like the movie but I was physically there.

It was the scene where Anne and her friends are acting out Tennyson's "Elaine" and the little boat she is on starts sinking so she grabs onto a pole underneath a bridge. (At this point I am in the water near her)

Suddenly a hippo comes swimming up. I say to Anne of Green Gables, "Look Anne! It's Kristy!" and she smiles. We both pet Kristy and are happy to see her. Anne of Green Gables even got on her back. Then Gilbert Blythe rows up, also pets Kristy, and rescues Anne.

I stay with Kristy and I think I was just talking/playing with hippo Kristy.

The End

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:07 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I dreamt that I was in the Anne of Green Gables story. I wasn't, at least at first, a participant. I was mainly seeing it exactly like the movie but I was physically there.

It was the scene where Anne and her friends are acting out Tennyson's "Elaine" and the little boat she is on starts sinking so she grabs onto a pole underneath a bridge. (At this point I am in the water near her)

Suddenly a hippo comes swimming up. I say to Anne of Green Gables, "Look Anne! It's Kristy!" and she smiles. We both pet Kristy and are happy to see her. Anne of Green Gables even got on her back. Then Gilbert Blythe rows up, also pets Kristy, and rescues Anne.

The End

I know you told me about this before, but for some reason reading it out like this makes it all the more hilarious.
Im glad everyone could get so much enjoyment out of Hippo Kristy, but you know you werent petting me, Anne. You were stroking my hippoish face.
Im thinking this should be my new party getup or something. Everyone can pet the hippo. I shall be a hit.

I'm a hippapotamus and I've got Anne of Green Gables on my back. Ooodles and oodles of Anne, oodles and oodles of Anne.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:39 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Last night I dreamed that Meridith went para-sailing with Flat Travis and had Jared record it. Flat Travis got ruined because of all the splashing water and the video was so bad you could barely tell it was Meridith in it.

Well Mer, that wasn't such a good idea afterall, was it? :P

Hahaha this is awesome! I can't believe I missed this. Where have I been? Anyway I love that I decided to take them para-sailing and that Jared did a crappy job filming. :) Too bad that FT got ruined though. This makes me giggle, especially since we did something funny with them while they were here that is in the "not such a great idea afterall" category. hehehe

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:41 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
The night before last, I had a dream that Juli sent me a long letter through regular mail. It was 2 pages, front and back, written on pink paper. She was writing to me because she had a problem and knew that I had gone through the same thing and was asking for advice. She had written the letter in Spanish, though. I didn't know enough Spanish to understand what the problem was. I just kept reading it over and over, trying to figure it out.

I also dreamed that there was a secret passage behind my kitchen sink, but that didn't involve any boardies. It was just weird.

I'm sorry, Kayte. It's just that I'm way more fluent in Spanish. I'll try to write it in English and make it shorter the next time :oP

Where did the secret passage behind your kitchen sink lead to?

I had a boardie dream last night. It mixed several things from real life: the next boardie exchange, the fact that my mom is going to have a surgery, and a meeting with my whole Sociology Of The Middle East class in which we're going to eat arabic food.

I was at home, in my pajamas, getting ready to take a shower when boardies started coming upstairs. Almond was the frist one arriving, then Meridith, Kayte, Lindsay, Wendy, Yuriko...
We were going to have a huge meal at my house, but we had arranged that the day before. I was surprised that everyone had made it to Buenos Aires in such short notice.
I decided I was going to take my shower first, because I was a mess, and I told my sister to take care of our guests.
Turns out I took the longest shower in hsitory and by the time I got out, everyone had gone. Ale told me that they had to be in their respective countries the next day. So I missed the boardie meeting at my own home. When I went downstairs my mom was the only one there, and she was going to have a surgery in her bed. So I called our insurance company to complain about it.

This cracks me up too! That's too bad you missed the boardie meeting Juli! Did your mom already have her surgery? I hope it went/goes well.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 14 Jul, 2009 8:12 PM Quote

That Hippo Kristy dream just killed me! xD. Did the hippo have any features that resemble Kristy?

Thanks Mer. Surgery went well and my mom's fine. She's even starting to walk a little (penguin style, haha) :o).

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:09 PM Quote
Did the hippo have any features that resemble Kristy?

No I just instinctively knew it was Kristy. And really what other hippo would be in a Canadian lake??

In the dream when I said "it's Kristy!" the hippo did look happy and excited that I had realized this so that further confirmed it was her.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:06 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Did the hippo have any features that resemble Kristy?

No I just instinctively knew it was Kristy. And really what other hippo would be in a Canadian lake??

In the dream when I said "it's Kristy!" the hippo did look happy and excited that I had realized this so that further confirmed it was her.

This is hilarious! It's a good thing I'm alone in my office, cause I'm laughing like a dork.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:09 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

The End

I love this fabulous dream of yours Anne. And that Kristy seemed happy that you knew who she was!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 16 Aug, 2009 6:15 PM Quote
Starring Andrew (Monkey), Lindsay (Henny Penny), Anne (Werid Mom), and me.

Let me preface this dream by saying that I have had several "driving out of control" dreams lately. This time I happened not to be the driver.

We were all coming out of a movie theater (guess we were not enjoying each other's company, since that was our back-up plan if things didn't work out in Chicago) and after trying 2 different cars, we finally found Andrew's car. He was driving, I was in the front seat, Lindsay and Anne were in the back. He said he wanted to take us for a drive and show us the coast line. So we drive through what looks to be Hawaii, lots of tropical flowers all over and then we get to the coast. The highway, which is covered in pea gravel, overlooks a steep, tall cliff. Andrew puts the pedal to the metal and just takes off as fast as he can. He's making sharp curves and the car is very often only on two wheels. I could see that we were nearly falling off the cliff. Lindsay and I are screaming (we're on the cliff side of the car) and Anne has braced herself in crash position. I look over and notice that Andrew is not wearing his seat belt. Given the reckless nature of his driving, I felt he should have it on. Instead of telling him directly, I turned around and motioned to Anne to tell him. Just at that time Andrew took another curve that nearly sent us flying into the ocean. Lindsay and I are screaming in terror and Anne is yelling, "PUT YOUR SEAT BELT ON!!!! PUT YOUR SEAT BELT ON, ANDREW!!!" He says calmly, "I never wear it." So, Anne tells him, "If we get caught by the police, you'll have to pay a fine!" Andrew just laughs somewhat maniacally and says, "No problem, I've got money," and keeps on driving.

That's when Max woke me up yelling, "Is it morning yet??"

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 16 Aug, 2009 6:30 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Starring Andrew (Monkey), Lindsay (Henny Penny), Anne (Werid Mom), and me.

Let me preface this dream by saying that I have had several "driving out of control" dreams lately. This time I happened not to be the driver.

We were all coming out of a movie theater (guess we were not enjoying each other's company, since that was our back-up plan if things didn't work out in Chicago) and after trying 2 different cars, we finally found Andrew's car. He was driving, I was in the front seat, Lindsay and Anne were in the back. He said he wanted to take us for a drive and show us the coast line. So we drive through what looks to be Hawaii, lots of tropical flowers all over and then we get to the coast. The highway, which is covered in pea gravel, overlooks a steep, tall cliff. Andrew puts the pedal to the metal and just takes off as fast as he can. He's making sharp curves and the car is very often only on two wheels. I could see that we were nearly falling off the cliff. Lindsay and I are screaming (we're on the cliff side of the car) and Anne has braced herself in crash position. I look over and notice that Andrew is not wearing his seat belt. Given the reckless nature of his driving, I felt he should have it on. Instead of telling him directly, I turned around and motioned to Anne to tell him. Just at that time Andrew took another curve that nearly sent us flying into the ocean. Lindsay and I are screaming in terror and Anne is yelling, "PUT YOUR SEAT BELT ON!!!! PUT YOUR SEAT BELT ON, ANDREW!!!" He says calmly, "I never wear it." So, Anne tells him, "If we get caught by the police, you'll have to pay a fine!" Andrew just laughs somewhat maniacally and says, "No problem, I've got money," and keeps on driving.

That's when Max woke me up yelling, "Is it morning yet??"

Hahahaha! I was dying reading that. Remind me to never get in a car if Andrew is driving:P

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 16 Aug, 2009 11:31 PM Quote
maybe thats what happens if he tries to drive on the right side.

Pages Previous 1...22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Times UTC Current Time 9:11 PM