Travis

Re: Have you heard any song of travis in a public place?
kurai
kurai Posted Wed 05 Dec, 2007 5:03 PM Quote
let´s think...I heard Closer in a supermarket a few times.
It´s always funny, ´cause I can´t stop smiling when I listen to this song - I got a lot of strange looks too.

And I heard Selfish-Jean at my University - a fellow student had made a mixed tape. It was the best printing course ever.
I actually started dancing around - again weird looks, but who cares.

When I woke up yesterday they played WDIAROM on the radio - it´s really the best way to start the day.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 05 Dec, 2007 8:10 PM Quote
Yeah 'tis a relatively common occurrence. The local radio here seem to play them quite a lot, they always seem to play Travis when I go into the Spar shop on campus. :p

I do remember hearing Follow The Light in somewhere like Debenhams though, which was a cool surprise considering it wasn't even a single. :)

Oh and a couple of months back I heard Big Chair played in a pub.

eduardo_ss
eduardo_ss Posted Wed 05 Dec, 2007 9:38 PM Quote
Yes!!!

Once I Heard "Sing" In A Restaurant (Pizza Hut).

And I Have Heard Travis Song In The Radio A Lot Of Times!

eduardo_ss
eduardo_ss Posted Wed 05 Dec, 2007 9:38 PM Quote
Yes!!!

Once I Heard "Sing" In A Restaurant (Pizza Hut).

And I Have Heard Travis Songs In The Radio A Lot Of Times!

Xgirl
Xgirl Posted Thu 06 Dec, 2007 8:01 AM Quote
yep yesterday, I was eating in burger king when i heard "closer" i wanted to scream hehehe

Peter76
Peter76 Posted Thu 06 Dec, 2007 10:15 PM Quote
The only time in recent memory was hearing "Closer" at HMV around the time when TBWNN was about to be released in Canada.

Selfish-Matthew
Selfish-Matthew Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 12:40 PM Quote
Hey...not posted in a long time! maybe like 3 since the boards got all fancy but anywhoo.

I work in Marks and Spencers in argyle street...(glasgow) there is a ridiculous amount of Driftwood and Sing going on due to it being nice customer friendly music.

I put good feeling on once in the fitting room (yes I have that power) Midsomer nights dreaming didn't go down to well with my boss!

Dun-dun-dunlop
Dun-dun-dunlop Posted Sat 08 Dec, 2007 4:24 AM Quote
I've not only heard them somewhere, but seen one of their videos out somewhere! There's a local restaurant called Hams (yes, they do, in fact, have wonderful ham) that plays music videos constantly. Most of them I don't pay attention to, but one day Side came on! Coincidentally, I had been thinking how unlikely it would be for them to ever play a Travis video not too long before it came on. Way to prove me wrong! And, yes, of course I beamed manically and sang along far too loudly, just as any proud fan would do. =)

minsidesoutside_lds
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Mon 10 Dec, 2007 4:55 PM Quote
This morning, queuing at the Bank... those laaaarge large queues that we, argentinians, are used to (but never enough)

It was Selfish Jean, so i could give a shout "aaaaaahhhhh" to take it easy... i felt relief...

Cheers

oasisbraves
oasisbraves Posted Tue 11 Dec, 2007 10:03 PM Quote
I heard DRIFTWOOD of all songs last friday night at TGI Friday's in Northern California. That song always takes me back to the first time I saw Travis.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2007 1:46 AM Quote
oasisbraves wrote:
I heard DRIFTWOOD of all songs last friday night at TGI Friday's in Northern California. That song always takes me back to the first time I saw Travis.

That is pretty awesome. I've never heard TRAVIS played anywhere in Northen CA....guess you just have to be in the right place at the right time.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Mon 17 Dec, 2007 6:15 PM Quote
In a pizzeria in Paris (strange choice of restaurant, I know). The whole album "Good Feeling" from start to finish. Lovely meal!

2bm
2bm Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 12:34 PM Quote
last week, I went to a book store and they played the whole singles CD *-*

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 1:37 PM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:

That is pretty awesome. I've never heard TRAVIS played anywhere in Northen CA....guess you just have to be in the right place at the right time.

I have , Mod Lang wreck chord store

scummy
scummy Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 4:09 PM Quote
OMG

yesterday, I was at the mall's parking lot with my brother looking for the car, and then I hear something like Fran's voice on "Closer", but I said 'naaah', cause the awful eco made it sound like 'cloclocloser cloclocloser', with some electronic beats or something xD. Then I thought it was my phone, cause I have Closer as my main ringtone. And then I finally understood it was the real "Closer" lol xD

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:29 AM