Travis

Re: FAO Ric, Lindsey, Other SF Bay Area Folks
heyjude
heyjude Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 7:17 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

paisely , I mean wear that at the FILLMORE .
You were't around during the Paisely Underground ? You know , Dream Syndicate , Bangles , Long Ryders , Chesterfield Kings , Fuzztones , Rain Parade etc...kinda Garage psych stuff, paisely was often worn at the gigs

cool little Brit doc on it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liud5ZPtteI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DquJxw9UcLg

Lindseys town, DAVIS was a major center for it

your post was confusing! you jumped from talking about alasdair roberts to paisley. since alasdair is from scotland, and paisley is in scotland, i thought you were still talking about alasdair!

couldn't follow your train of thought, dude. random.

yeah, i was here for that "paisley underground" period. but that's a bunch of american bands. i know who the bangles are, but can't really call myself a fan. all the gigs i went to were british bands. i was already a fan of british bands before moving to the US. so i won't be wearing paisley.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 8:08 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
So what's up in San Fran tomorrow night??...not flying out until after midnight....

are you here in SF right now, mozman?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 8:14 PM Quote
Paisely underground = US steel thats true , but those guys were ahead of their time I believe .

Seattle is coming up

Afterglow
Afterglow Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 8:30 PM Quote
heyjude wrote:
mozman68 wrote:
So what's up in San Fran tomorrow night??...not flying out until after midnight....

are you here in SF right now, mozman?

Sorry to be totally off topic but I saw your userpic and I went to see The Swell Season in SF too. I loved it!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 8:34 PM Quote
Afterglow wrote:
Sorry to be totally off topic but I saw your userpic and I went to see The Swell Season in SF too. I loved it!

I'm going tomorrow night. I can't wait! It's the only thing keeping me from being completely depressed about not seeing Travis with some of the boardies.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 8:43 PM Quote
Afterglow wrote:

hiya! were you standing close to the stage? i think i saw you there, you look familiar. yeah, weren't they awesome? first time i saw them was when they opened for damien rice in dec. 2006. were you there, too?

heyjude
heyjude Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 8:44 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
I'm going tomorrow night. I can't wait! It's the only thing keeping me from being completely depressed about not seeing Travis with some of the boardies.

weirdmom! i'm excited for you!!

:-)

Afterglow
Afterglow Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 9:03 PM Quote
heyjude wrote:
Afterglow wrote:

hiya! were you standing close to the stage? i think i saw you there, you look familiar. yeah, weren't they awesome? first time i saw them was when they opened for damien rice in dec. 2006. were you there, too?

I was close to the stage but I was on the left side next to the side door. Yeah I thought they were fantastic. Fogtown was probably my favorite part.
I had never seen them live before. I wish I would have gone to the Damien Rice concert! I love him!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 9:26 PM Quote
heyjude wrote:

Only for me?? What about for yourself? Aren't you coming too?

heyjude
heyjude Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 9:30 PM Quote
Afterglow wrote:
I wish I would have gone to the Damien Rice concert! I love him!

yeah, we have to wait a while for damo to tour again. but i'll see him again for sure, even without lisa. i was lucky to be at the dec. 2006 gig because that was the last time lisa was here. still sad that she's left :-(

heyjude
heyjude Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 9:37 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
heyjude wrote:

Only for me?? What about for yourself? Aren't you coming too?

with a cow bell on. heh heh. slap me silly this time, please!! :-D

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 9:42 PM Quote
heyjude wrote:
with a cow bell on. heh heh. slap me silly this time, please!! :-D

I'm sorry, I'm not ready to be so kinky with you. It's only our second date. Ask me on the 4th or so.

I am determined to meet them and get a pic.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 9:46 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
I'm sorry, I'm not ready to be so kinky with you. It's only our second date. Ask me on the 4th or so.

I am determined to meet them and get a pic.

HAHA! okay, let's take it slow. LOL!

thank goodness for photoshop ;-)

Afterglow
Afterglow Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 11:50 PM Quote
heyjude wrote:
Afterglow wrote:
I wish I would have gone to the Damien Rice concert! I love him!

yeah, we have to wait a while for damo to tour again. but i'll see him again for sure, even without lisa. i was lucky to be at the dec. 2006 gig because that was the last time lisa was here. still sad that she's left :-(

Maybe someday they'll work together again. I hope so. I would have liked to see them in concert together. You're lucky!
I'm definitely going to see him on his next tour.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 12:38 AM Quote
has a queuing time been set yet ?

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:41 PM