Travis

Re: North American Tour
tesnrich
tesnrich Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 11:33 PM Quote
Please please please, some CA dates. I saw you in Birmingham Exhibition center UK in 02, I want to wear my T-Shirt again in Cali.

Buffsak
Buffsak Posted Thu 28 Jun, 2007 11:13 PM Quote
Hi GUYS!! i´m new here!! but i´ll go to the gig in Mexico City!! i´ll see u there!!! thanks, i love u!!!! * o *

myly
myly Posted Fri 29 Jun, 2007 7:04 AM Quote
Que tal?
Me parece genial puedan complacer a muchos fanáticos en America del Norte, y mas aun en México...
Pero y LatinoAmérica???
También queremos tener la alegria de escuchar a Travis en vivo!!!
Somos muchos los que soñamos con ese momento, y les aseguro que de forma muy especial en CHILE!
La esperanza sigue en nuestras almas, y unimos fuerzas para que algun dia se concrete una visita de Travis por estos lados.

Saludos desde este largo y angosto país! =)

Saw Travis at Henry Fonda, now seeing them
MikeCALIFTRAVIS
MikeCALIFTRAVIS Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 3:47 AM Quote
in Canada. I will happen to be up there when they come into town. Not going to miss it.

(Henry Fonda Theater) is in Hollywood, CA, FYI

Re: North American Tour Announcement
Smartguy323
Smartguy323 Posted Mon 02 Jul, 2007 10:10 PM Quote
Afterglow wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Afterglow wrote:
hope they add a few for the west coast.

Certainly both of the UK tours they added dates after the first announcement. *fingers crossed for ya*

Good that gives me some hope :) When I first saw the dates I felt like crying haha

Dont trip, I feel your pain. I swear to god I was dissapointed that there were no CA dates. I knew they performed in Coachella, but I want to be surrounded by Travis fans. The hardcore ones at least. I sure hope they announce more dates because I dont see any west coast dates :(. But my guess is after Mexico, they'll travel North to Cali :)

meags
meags Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 3:47 AM Quote
Thanks for coming to Toronto...any plans for more Canadian dates????? I will fly to British Colombia to see you!!!

MemphisQueen
MemphisQueen Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 4:39 PM Quote
so i checked out the opener, a southern boy, John Paul White :) sounds decent - can't wait to check him out live as well.

so here's what i know about some of the venues on the tour, in case anyone is curious:

-Philly: Electric Factory - kinda random part of town, but five minutes away from Independence hall and the liberty bell if you want to try and fit some sightseeing in. there's a bar next door that's open before the shows if you need a place to grab a drink, a bar bite or pee while waiting. the venue itself is more warehouse than venue, with upper balconies that overlook an open floor. stage is pretty high. they do have food and a pay parking lot. street parking is available but they will ticket outside of the time alotment. i wouldn't walk around late at night. no smoking inside.

-Boston: BoA Pav - kinda outdoorish (there's a canopy) on the boston harbor, which generally isn't the prettiest place as it's not developed as a beach/harbor (it's merely the place where the ocean meets the land). take the T (subway) as it's very easy to get around and parking is at a premium. i would stick to the downtown for food (easily accessible by T) and if you have time go to fanieul hall (a huge food court) as it used to be city hall back in the days of franklin benjamin, etc. safe lae at night but keep to the main roads. outside but boston is a no smoking city; so i dont know about that one.

-NYC: Irving Plaza - in union square so tons to eat around there and plenty of places to stay. again take the subway as parking is nominal and expensive. safe late at night but keep to the main roads. no smoking inside.

-DC: 9:30 club - one of my favorite places to see shows as they're always phenomenal. stage is a good height (4.5' high) so that the froint row isn't craning their necks. they have very good food and an nice selection of vegetarian and vegan options. neighborhood isn't so nice but there's a starbuck two blocks away if you need a safehaven while waiting. definitely wouldn't walk around late at night, even on the main roads. they have a pay lot and free street parking (get there early for that). no smoking inside.

-Austin: Stubbs - yes it really is a bbq restaurant. and you should actually try the bbq. concerts take place behind the restaurant (or downstairs if it's a small enough crowd), but the entrance is the same for the rest and the venue. street parking around 6th street but beware for time limits. there's underpass parking only a few blocks away that's usually only $5. safe to walk around late at night on the main roads and in crowds. i think you can smoke no problem.

-Atlanta: Tabernacle - an old church converted into a venue. so big open room and stage is kinda high for GA standing floor. right across the street from centennial park (where the opening ceremonies of the olympics were held) and only two blocks away from the newly re-opened world of coke (where you can taste every brand of beverage coca cola makes around the world) and the aquarium (with 4 beluga whales) (down at the far end of the park). also about a block away from the cnn center, which are the worldwide headquarters of cnn. the only nearby food is either at one of the places just mentioned or across the street from the venue at ted's (famous for it's buffalo burgers). no food inside, only drinks. no smoking except in designated area.

those are all that i know for sure. HOBs all tend to be the same. eat at the restaurant, pass the line, no cameras.

hope this helps some of you traveling to venues you haven't been too before. if anyone has hints for the others i'd love to hear 'em!!

Luis
Luis Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 6:05 AM Quote
TWT do u know if they are coming to Costa Rica after going to Mexico? maybe to rest or something????? or.. any other plans?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 2:53 PM Quote
MemphisQueen wrote:

so here's what i know about some of the venues on the tour, in case anyone is curious:

-Austin: Stubbs - yes it really is a bbq restaurant. and you should actually try the bbq. concerts take place behind the restaurant (or downstairs if it's a small enough crowd), but the entrance is the same for the rest and the venue. street parking around 6th street but beware for time limits. there's underpass parking only a few blocks away that's usually only $5. safe to walk around late at night on the main roads and in crowds. i think you can smoke no problem.

Thanks for posting what you know. I wanted to clarify a few hints about Stubbs. One, the entrance to the restaurant and the venue aren't really close to each other. Second, street parking (meaning, meters) is free after 5:30. There are tons and tons of places very close that you can pay to park. At least $5, but some are even $10. It's usually pretty easy to find a place to park aftet 5 but before 9 so you shouldn't have any troubles. The BBQ sandwiches are really yummy and easy to eat standing up. : )

littlecmad
littlecmad Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 12:23 AM Quote
I can not wait! This time tomorrow night I'll be jumping up and down "Happy".

tesnrich
tesnrich Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 2:06 AM Quote
Still waiting for those SoCal tour dates. Come on guys put us out of our misery....

Shannonmonkey
Shannonmonkey Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 8:00 PM Quote
There are other places west of Texas besides SoCal (who had two dates in the spring).

Las Vegas, Phoenix, Seattle, Portland, San Fran, etc.

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] All Times BST Current Time 10:42 AM