Travis

Re: Not In The top-40 again
Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 10:05 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
Sara Anna said:

" Anyway, if you guys don't find me negative and creepy and like what I post then i'm happy to keep posting."

Why dont you tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth then, miss honesty ?

About how your constant , shit stirring , derogatory and very personal comments about the Band ,on the old message board, got the deserved response from the 'one' you are waiting for an apology from????

I doubt very much whether you will ever get an apology because most of what you say is vindictive manipulating crap.

Your comments on the Bands music makes NME look friendly, so dont make out they make good useful reading.

Its not that you wont take a hint but you dont even accept it from the horses mouth .

That is very creepy.

I'm amazed that you cannot see how your responses to Sara make you look extremely silly. You're effectively trying to silence someone, and for what purpose? I'm sure the band can stick up for themselves if they so wish (we know one of them certainly can!)

Sarah's comments have sparked a good debate among many boardies, some agree with her and some don't, and that's cool. What no one wants to see is someone (like yourself) taking comments to a personal level.
I know this will go straight over your head, but I just felt it needed to be said.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 10:27 AM Quote
And to back this up:

You don't know Sarah personally, I assume (tho of course I may be wrong), and even if you don't agree with everything that she says, where does all the venom come from? It's so personal.

Obviously there's historical stuff I don't know. But your level of anger is surprising. I know it's none of my business, but would you be prepared to say why a cyber relationship has brought this out in you?

Finally, it's a debate about a band's chart performance, not a slanging match!

jambut
jambut Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 10:35 AM Quote
yer it has kinda become a slag off match.

oh well is anyone else worried this is the end of Travis I really hope it isnt. I dont want another 2 year break either, another quick album for next crimbo would be good.

Another tour aswell woow

Craig
Craig Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 10:36 AM Quote
Tonie wrote:
And to back this up:

You don't know Sarah personally, I assume (tho of course I may be wrong), and even if you don't agree with everything that she says, where does all the venom come from? It's so personal.

Obviously there's historical stuff I don't know. But your level of anger is surprising. I know it's none of my business, but would you be prepared to say why a cyber relationship has brought this out in you?

Finally, it's a debate about a band's chart performance, not a slanging match!

i couldnt agree more with you there

Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 10:40 AM Quote
jambut wrote:

oh well is anyone else worried this is the end of Travis I really hope it isnt. I dont want another 2 year break either, another quick album for next crimbo would be good.

Another tour aswell woow

I like albums which have been created quickly. It stops the artist from over-producing the raw material. I'd like to see the fellas making an album in the middle of nowhere, instead of using the regular studios ... I don't know how easy this would be, of course ... but the results could be interesting.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 10:52 AM Quote
Ach :P to Travis. The radiohead album will be out soon and all will be happy in my world :)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 11:17 AM Quote
jambut wrote:

Another tour aswell woow

Well, it's a bit off topic, but yes, some live UK dates would be rather loverly :)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 11:20 AM Quote
Sunny wrote:
jambut wrote:

Another tour aswell woow

I like albums which have been created quickly. It stops the artist from over-producing the raw material. I'd like to see the fellas making an album in the middle of nowhere, instead of using the regular studios ... I don't know how easy this would be, of course ... but the results could be interesting.

12 Menories was made in the middle of nowhere... that is the West Coast of Scotland :)

Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 11:20 AM Quote
Ursina wrote:

12 Menories was made in the middle of nowhere... that is the West Coast of Scotland :)

Oh. There goes my theory then :P

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 11:21 AM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Ach :P to Travis. The radiohead album will be out soon and all will be happy in my world :)

and how much are you willing to pay for it ??

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 11:32 AM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Ursina wrote:

and an intetesting outcome it was lol.
Remember they stayed at this place called Crear (I think) in Agyll for quite a long time.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 11:36 AM Quote
Ursina wrote:
Sunny wrote:
Ursina wrote:

and an intetesting outcome it was lol.
Remember they stayed at this place called Crear (I think) in Agyll for quite a long time.

I think I must've slept through the 12 Memories period :s

Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 11:50 AM Quote
And bringing this seamlessly back on topic:

Does anyone know how this album/ single's performance compare with the sales performance of 12 Memories and its single releases?

12 Memories is recognised as being a commercial low point for Travis (Tho I really liked it, except perhaps for Somewhere Else hee hee**). Is this new album and singles going to take them to new levels of poor sales?

I certainly hope not!

**reference to my mistake about the song, not a comment against the boardie of the same name.

Isa_travis
Isa_travis Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 12:05 PM Quote
I liked 12 Memories as much as the other albums but.. well, It didn't work as well as we all thought it would do. I think it was because of Travis attitude. That album was more depressive and that didn't like to many people because they were used to that sweet-melancholic touch of the songs of earlier albums (think on The invisible band sales) and 12 Memories was a bit more agressive. However, that's only my opinion. I do always defend Travis, they're the best!! but being fan of a band means to see all the points, good or bad. ^^
My eyes.... I love that song! is my favourite!
"pro- My eyes" forever!! xD

Fran
Fran Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 12:11 PM Quote
Order, Order...ok already...I think there is a mix up. I believe that everyone has a right to voice their opinion. Right Sunny, agreed Sara Anna? But...and it's a big BUT... I believe that it's HOW you say what you have to say that counts.
Like, Sara, when you said on the board you thought my sons name was "stupid" maybe you were trying to be funny or maybe you didn't like our choice of name for him, or maybe you were trying to get some kind of reaction, but saying it's "stupid" is just insulting. And that's the rub. This is my point. That on this board, on any board, in life, it's not what you say. it's the way that you say it.

I agree with some of the points you make in your post Sara. And sometimes you put your points in a cool salient way. It's your tone that I think people react to and not to what you are saying.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Next All Times UTC Current Time 3:10 PM