Travis

Memorable Travis gig moments?
Tonie
Tonie Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 10:28 PM Quote
This tour or in the past.

Here's one to kick off: Brixton 2003, at the start of the gig, Fran's trousers (denim dungarees?) nearly came down, and he asked someone in the audience to lend him a belt. The girl next to me had lightening reactions, and came to his rescue with a pastel stripey number, and the speed she did it was impressive!

I was kicking myself, as I could have offered mine, but all I thought was "so let them fall down, we don't mind".

Oh dear...

Share your memorable moments here...

Re: Memorable Travis gig moments?
paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 10:35 PM Quote
Belfast, 2003:

Dougie breaks a string (or something) during on his bass during The Line Is Fine and runs off to the side to get a new one. He runs back on, slips, and falls flat on his arse. I think it was his cable that he slipped on. Fran had to stop singing cos he was laughing so much, and Dougie turned a lighter shade of red, but the song went on regardless. It was hilarious! He was right in front of me as i was in the front row and when he looked down i applauded sarcastically and he just laughed.

I've reminded Dougie about it twice now, so that's my (first) Travis gig memory for this thread :)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 11:14 PM Quote
Oh wish I could see that ( No offense Dougie ) but off the cuff scenes are the bestest yes? :)

Vince
Vince Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 11:25 PM Quote
f doing band intros at the barras in 2004. andy milked it for all it was worth lol

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 11:46 PM Quote
Ah yeah! I'd forgotten about that :)

Travis Rocker
Travis Rocker Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 11:56 PM Quote
andy jumping into the crowd and handing me his guitar!! at reading

Tonie
Tonie Posted Tue 29 May, 2007 10:33 AM Quote
Another:

Mean Fiddler 2004. Fran singing "20" with no backing instruments except his own guitar. He came right to the front edge of the stage, asked for a bit of hush, then sang. The room was silent, except for the song. I get goosebumps now, nearly 3 years later, remembering that.

As Travis musical highlights go, it was definitely my most memorable.

Fingers crossed, maybe we'll get a touch of "20" tonight...? Fran...? If you're reading this (cos of course, you've got nothing better to do).....

Who knows....

1/3 of Suggestive Leg
1/3 of Suggestive Leg Posted Tue 29 May, 2007 10:44 AM Quote
Glastonbury 2000. Band goes off for the encore and we're shown a video of them being made to do press ups (obviously linking into Turn). Much excitement. They come back out. 100,000 people watching. Presumably millions at home. Fran walks up to the mic to say something but before he can, does a huge burp.

Bless.

Tnt23
Tnt23 Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 6:09 AM Quote
2001 Modena (Italy) - Vox Club: small venue and amazing show!
Fran played "20" acoustic and without the microphone...

2003 same place!
This time he played "Flowers in the Window" in the same way.

I went to 60 gigs of the most famous bands of the world, but I've never seen something like this!

Travis are always on top!!!

Ani
Ani Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 8:27 AM Quote
I have a few I'd love to share :)

1. Jan 04 Spreckels Theater, San Diego

During Why Does It Always Rain on Me? (last song), Fran invites the ENTIRE audience up on stage, so we make a mad dash and climb aboard, joining the mass of shocked/excited people jumping up and down, singing along and having the time of their lives! Every time I hear WDIAROM, I flash back to that exact moment. Talk about an adrenaline rush :)

2. Oct 03 Beacon Theatre NYC

Travis singing an incredible cover of Graham Nash's "Another Sleep Song" for their good friend Elliott Smith, who had died the night before. I still get goosebumps when I remember. Sooo touching and beautiful.

3. Oct 03 Beacon Theatre NYC (same show as above)

Fran singling me out to "play" a few chords during the All I Wanna Do is Rock solo! There was no barricade and I was literally right up against the stage (it was a seated show and a really tame crowd). I still have the guitar pick!

Honestly... NOTHING beats a great Travis show! :)

-Ani

fyonahfire
fyonahfire Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 8:19 PM Quote
October 2001 - The Red Jacket - Dallas
The performance of "Baby One More Time" complete with kooky wigs!!! Hilarious!!!

Although I must say every Travis gig I have been to has been memorable and I look forward to many more in the future! AMAZING live and each time I leave a show I am on a high for days!!!

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 8:27 PM Quote
Slideshow at Birmingham NIA, when they dropped down a huge screen and projected a sequence of photographs of them when they were younger onto it, while the band played behind, all you could see was 4 silhouettes.

I miss them playing Slideshow.

Andrew
Andrew Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 9:05 PM Quote
Barrowlands gig on the Singles tour

Intro for Why Does It Always Rain On Me starts up and Fran goes to the mic to sing only to get totally drowned out by the crowd. Leaving him nothing else to do but laugh and shout "On you go then!" as we continued to sing the song ourselves (pogo-ing of course)

NCD
NCD Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 9:36 PM Quote
1/3 of Suggestive Leg wrote:
Fran walks up to the mic to say something but before he can, does a huge burp.

Bless.

He's always very windy isn't he! haha!!

Pages [1] All Times UTC Current Time 3:09 PM