minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 10:19 PM Quote
kiwi wrote:
Fresh Prince theme tune....

"Shooting some b-ball outside of the school"
I thought it was
"Shooting some people outside of the school"

until I read Lauren's status update on facebook recently... hmmm haha

hahaha, no wonder his mom sent him away!

Re: Misheard lyrics??
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 12:56 AM Quote
I remembered one!

In Everybody's Changing by Keane I used to sing "you say you wonder your own life" when it actually says "you say you wander your own land".

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 6:38 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
in coldplays Viva la Vida i thought it was "i hear terrorist bells are ringing, roman Catholic choirs are singing" instead of Jeruselem bells and Calvary choirs.

Is that what he says?!?! Wow! I thought it was "I hear in future bells are ringing, Roman Catholic choirs are singing" Hehe! I was never bothered to look up the lyrics. He mumbles a lot on the new album, which kinda bugs me. I still think it's great though.

If it's difficult for you, how am I supposed to understand what the hell Chris is singing? Hahahaha.
I look up the lyrics cause if I don't, I don't know what I have to sing, haha.
Another one by Coldplay. In the song called Cemeteries of London, many people think he says where the toiling ghosts spring BUT what he sings is where Victorian ghosts pray. Hahaha.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 6:40 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I thought Elvis Costello sang, "Every day I ride the bus, " instead of "Every day I write the book."

LMAO

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 7:10 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:
fenchurch wrote:
"
And you know that Dido song where she goes "I won't put my arms up and surrender", I always heard "I won't poke my eyes out and surrender" that had me totally confused.

hahaha...this is what I heard the first time I heard this song...I was like what??????

I think it sounds like she says shit instead of ship.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 7:35 PM Quote
I ALWAYS get the lyrics wrong but I can't think of any at the top of my head! I'm rubbish like that.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 6:46 PM Quote
"This Years Love" by David Gray. I thought it was "this year's love in Italy," "But it is this years love had better last"

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 9:38 PM Quote
Snap my picture, take my picture is really... Change my pitch up, smack my bitch up. Go figure.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 9:50 PM Quote
Oh and Pussycat Dolls, "When I Grow Up." Up until 7 minutes ago I thought it was, "I wanna see the world, drive nice cars, I wanna have boobies." It's really, "I wanna see the world, drive nice cars, I wanna have groupies."

Ah ha!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 10:13 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Oh and Pussycat Dolls, "When I Grow Up." Up until 7 minutes ago I thought it was, "I wanna see the world, drive nice cars, I wanna have boobies." It's really, "I wanna see the world, drive nice cars, I wanna have groupies."

Ah ha!

Really?! I thought that was such a brilliant tacky rhyme!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 10:56 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:

Ah ha!

My 8 year old cousin thought the same thing! haha
It's on a commerical for So You Think You Can Dance Canada and she asked me why she says she wants to have boobies. Luckily i hadnt heard the song before that and didnt know what she actually said

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 04 Sep, 2008 2:11 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

Ah ha!

Really?! I thought that was such a brilliant tacky rhyme!

I know! At first I was like, "Nooooo, they didn't! They did?" But no, they didn't. Thank god too, because that was hella tacky.

akanksha
akanksha Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 5:54 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:

Ah ha!

Oh wow. Until now, I always thought it WAS boobies. This is news to me. Hahaha.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 12:07 PM Quote
I've thankfully only heard that Pussycat Dolls song once but I too thought it was boobies.

A friend told me his sister misheard the 80s tune "Voices Carry"

Real line: hush, hush/keep it down down/voices carry

She heard: hush, hush/even downtown/boys are scary

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:29 PM