Travis

Re: Misheard lyrics??
minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 4:37 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I just thought of some more misheard Travis lyrics...

Also in Safe, I thought it was: "About as distant as a sultan light" at first instead of "satellite." :P Really, it sounds like it!

I used to think it was "Saturn light"

in coldplays Viva la Vida i thought it was "i hear terrorist bells are ringing, roman Catholic choirs are singing" instead of Jeruselem bells and Calvary choirs.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 4:51 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Meridith wrote:
"Saturday's ho" to the tune of Weezer's "Say it ain't So."

LOL!!! That's a great one!

For years I thought The Beatles' "Hard Days Night" went..."so I just get ya on home, 'cause when I get ya alone, you know I feel okay" when it's actually..."so why on earth should I moan, 'cause when I get you alone."

Wha? It's not, "cause when I get you alone?" Wow, you learn something new every day.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 4:57 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:
I just thought of some more misheard Travis lyrics...

Also in Safe, I thought it was: "About as distant as a sultan light" at first instead of "satellite." :P Really, it sounds like it!

I used to think it was "Saturn light"

in coldplays Viva la Vida i thought it was "i hear terrorist bells are ringing, roman Catholic choirs are singing" instead of Jeruselem bells and Calvary choirs.

Is that what he says?!?! Wow! I thought it was "I hear in future bells are ringing, Roman Catholic choirs are singing" Hehe! I was never bothered to look up the lyrics. He mumbles a lot on the new album, which kinda bugs me. I still think it's great though.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 4:59 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Meridith wrote:
"Saturday's ho" to the tune of Weezer's "Say it ain't So."

LOL!!! That's a great one!

For years I thought The Beatles' "Hard Days Night" went..."so I just get ya on home, 'cause when I get ya alone, you know I feel okay" when it's actually..."so why on earth should I moan, 'cause when I get you alone."

Wha? It's not, "cause when I get you alone?" Wow, you learn something new every day.

No, it is "'cause when I get you alone"...it's the first part of the phrase I got mixed up. I thought it was "so I just get ya on home" when it's really "so why on Earth should I moan".

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 5:03 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Except it's cavalry, not Calvary. ;o)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 5:20 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Except it's cavalry, not Calvary. ;o)

pretend i can spell. it's a fun, never ending game.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 5:44 PM Quote
I thought Elvis Costello sang, "Every day I ride the bus, " instead of "Every day I write the book."

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 5:58 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Is that what he says?!?! Wow! I thought it was "I hear in future bells are ringing, Roman Catholic choirs are singing" Hehe! I was never bothered to look up the lyrics. He mumbles a lot on the new album, which kinda bugs me. I still think it's great though.

Hmm, I thought it was "I hear the missionary bells are ringing, roman catholic choirs are singing".

Good to know I'm not the only one who didn't catch the proper lyrics lol

la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 6:05 PM Quote
My friend used to sing "Mamma mia, here we go again, my my, how can I assist you?" instead of "how can I resist you?" XD

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 8:38 PM Quote
Funny thread.

When I was 8, I used to sing "Zinc, Zinc, Zinc...
For the love you bring won't mean a thing...unless you zinc"
I thought it was Zinc, the chemical element.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 8:58 PM Quote
In WDIAROM, i thought it was "silly days" instead of "sunny days"
And you know that Dido song where she goes "I won't put my arms up and surrender", I always heard "I won't poke my eyes out and surrender" that had me totally confused.
Oh, and Flowers in the Window was a completely different song in my mind when i first heard it! "flowers in the window it's such a lonely day and i like the way it feels" haha :)

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 9:04 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

and i dont know if this counts as lyrics per say, but when i was 4 and learning the alphabet, i thought lmnop were one letter, i mean, you say them all squished together, lol.

Me too! Haha :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 9:24 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
In WDIAROM, i thought it was "silly days" instead of "sunny days"

Im with you on the silly days!

And im glad you agree with me on the alphabet. I feel less stupid now.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 9:30 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
"
And you know that Dido song where she goes "I won't put my arms up and surrender", I always heard "I won't poke my eyes out and surrender" that had me totally confused.

hahaha...this is what I heard the first time I heard this song...I was like what??????

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 9:33 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

And im glad you agree with me on the alphabet. I feel less stupid now.

I tought my pupil the alphabet in English with that song and she also had trouble sepparating the "lmnop" part :oP.
She was really excited with the song though, it was a hit xD.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:38 PM