Travis

Re: Misheard lyrics??
Moray
Moray Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 7:35 AM Quote
I had two.

I still swear there's a line in Hansons "MmmmBop" that goes 'It's going to be a cheesey-ooooooooooooo'

And Jamirquai, Canned Heat, I misheard the chorus as "Dance, Dance!, we've got candy in our heels tonight Big Ben".

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sat 30 Aug, 2008 6:55 AM Quote
So we've been playing Rock Band a lot lately. The other day my 6 year old daughter was going around singing "Saturday's ho" to the tune of Weezer's "Say it ain't So." Yeah. It gave me a good laugh. :)

Note: For those of you who haven't played Rock Band...Say it ain't so is one of the songs you can play.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sat 30 Aug, 2008 7:01 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:
So we've been playing Rock Band a lot lately. The other day my 6 year old daughter was going around singing "Saturday's ho" to the tune of Weezer's "Say it ain't So." Yeah. It gave me a good laugh. :)

Hahah!

I'm pretty psyched that PDA by interpol is going to be a track on RB2

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 30 Aug, 2008 8:24 AM Quote
Van Morrison's Brown Eyed Girl...

"Hey there Amigo days when the rains came down"

Dubz

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Sat 30 Aug, 2008 8:42 AM Quote
Unfortunately every song in English I've ever sung....

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 30 Aug, 2008 9:30 AM Quote
Think I may have posteded theses before but...

The Police Sue Lawley (Sue Lawley was a news reader back in the 80's)

INXS Radio Clyde (radio Clyde is Glasgow's very own local radio station)

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 30 Aug, 2008 3:08 PM Quote
REM, Man On The Moon, I always thought it was "Mr. Charles Darwin had the balls to ask," but it is gall to ask. not as cool.
And that old song, Chapel of Love, i thought it was "going to the jack-o-lantern, going to get married."

and i dont know if this counts as lyrics per say, but when i was 4 and learning the alphabet, i thought lmnop were one letter, i mean, you say them all squished together, lol. The extra sad thing is that my initials are KLM...2 of those letters are in my mishmash of letters that i thought was 1.

TK23
TK23 Posted Sat 30 Aug, 2008 7:27 PM Quote
The first couple of times I heard 'Sailing Away', I had NO IDEA what he was saying in the 'live by the river, and I'll die by the river' part!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 30 Aug, 2008 7:59 PM Quote
The best misheard Travis lyric was Esteban's from a different thread I think in T-chat a while ago. From WDIAROM: "...still I phone my chef when I got my mind on somethin' else." LOL! Sometimes I sing it that way now just cuz it's more fun. :P

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 30 Aug, 2008 8:14 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:
"Saturday's ho" to the tune of Weezer's "Say it ain't So."

LOL!!! That's a great one!

For years I thought The Beatles' "Hard Days Night" went..."so I just get ya on home, 'cause when I get ya alone, you know I feel okay" when it's actually..."so why on earth should I moan, 'cause when I get you alone."

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sat 30 Aug, 2008 9:09 PM Quote
In one of The Killers' songs, the lyrics go 'drive faster boy'. I always hear them as 'giant bastard boy'.

TK23
TK23 Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 6:53 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:
In one of The Killers' songs, the lyrics go 'drive faster boy'. I always hear them as 'giant bastard boy'.

Hahaha, that's 'Midnight Show'

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 7:02 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
The best misheard Travis lyric was Esteban's from a different thread I think in T-chat a while ago. From WDIAROM: "...still I phone my chef when I got my mind on somethin' else." LOL! Sometimes I sing it that way now just cuz it's more fun. :P

That was hilarious! A while ago I was watching a Travis DVD and during WDIAROM I started laughing because I remembered that "still I phone a chef" line xDD.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 7:37 AM Quote
Moray wrote:

And Jamirquai, Canned Heat, I misheard the chorus as "Dance, Dance!, we've got candy in our heels tonight Big Ben".

Funny, I heard this line in exactly the same way. Still don't know what he actually sings.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 1:36 PM Quote
I just thought of some more misheard Travis lyrics...

In Pipe Dreams, I thought it went: "I stood in line and a thought crossed my mind I had been dreamin' of you."
When it's actually just: "I stood in line and a thought crossed my mind I had been dreaming." The way Fran stretches out "dreaming" makes it sound like there are more words after it.

Also in Safe, I thought it was: "About as distant as a sultan light" at first instead of "satellite." :P Really, it sounds like it!

In Walking Down The Hill, I thought it went: "We got it made, we got it made, I don't know what we gotta make, sooner or later we'll die."
When it's really: "We got it made, we got it made, I don't know what we gotta make, sooner or later lay down."
...and in another part of the song I thought it was "Don't turn away, don't run away, don't leave me hanging by a thread, shine a light up and down on me."
When it's really: "Don't turn away, don't run away, don't leave me hanging by a thread, shine a little love down on me."

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Times UTC Current Time 6:43 AM