Travis

Misheard lyrics??
Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 9:58 PM Quote
So what are some misheard lyrics you or someone else has been guilty of singing? My little sister, when listening to Depeche Mode's Master and Servants would sing "Monster and Sevens."

Re: Misheard lyrics??
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 10:04 PM Quote
lol my aunt told me when i was little i use to sing along to this lisa lisa song "lost in emotion"...only i said "lost in the ocean" and i would ask why she was lost in the ocean...haha

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 10:04 PM Quote
ELO's "Evil Woman"...until sometime in college I thought it was "Medieval Woman". It made no sense to me but I was happy to find out my roommate thought the same thing.

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 10:16 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
ELO's "Evil Woman"...until sometime in college I thought it was "Medieval Woman". It made no sense to me but I was happy to find out my roommate thought the same thing.

jajaja
that made me laugh xD

When I was 4 I used to sing Paula Abdul's "Rush rush"....the funny thing is that I always said Touch instead of rush!O_o!!....of course I didn't know what touch meant!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 10:51 PM Quote
Yulia Nox wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:

jajaja
that made me laugh xD

When I was 4 I used to sing Paula Abdul's "Rush rush"....the funny thing is that I always said Touch instead of rush!O_o!!....of course I didn't know what touch meant!

lol! There was some song that was on the radio when I was a kid...not sure who or what it was, but the chorus went.."I'm going to get dressed, for success." My friend thought it went "I'm going to get dressed, for safe sex," and would always sing that. Of course, at that age we had no idea what safe sex was.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 10:52 PM Quote
First time i heard 'Turn', i thought Fran was singing "Touch aaaaaand Turn Turn Turn". Listen to it and you might see what i mean!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 10:54 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
First time i heard 'Turn', i thought Fran was singing "Touch aaaaaand Turn Turn Turn". Listen to it and you might see what i mean!

...in regards to misheard travis lyrics:: the very first time i heard selfish jean i thought he was saying "Jeez, thanks for everything..." LOL

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 1:38 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:
Yulia Nox wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:

jajaja
that made me laugh xD

lol! There was some song that was on the radio when I was a kid...not sure who or what it was, but the chorus went.."I'm going to get dressed, for success." My friend thought it went "I'm going to get dressed, for safe sex," and would always sing that. Of course, at that age we had no idea what safe sex was.

xD
Little disturbed minds xD!

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 1:47 AM Quote
This is embarrasing, but I was really young....
I thought the Beach Boy's "Little Deuce Coupe" sang my little loose tooth.

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 1:57 AM Quote
this is going to sound really weird.. but for a strange reason, everytime my friend Merla and I listen to Selfish Jean in her celphone we hear "A quite alarming niples..." instead of knack of!!
Maybe She should buy new headphones!... :S

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 2:00 AM Quote
Staying Alive. Still don't know what they are singing...

Meridith
Meridith Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 2:46 AM Quote
When I was little, my parents (especially my dad) would make us listen to the Beach Boys. There's some song called Help Me Rhonda..or maybe that's the chorus. Anyway, it says "Help, me Rhonda yeah, get her out of my heart." I heard, "Help me robber, yeah, get her out of my car."

monkey
monkey Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 3:02 AM Quote
Mark Morrison - return of the mack, i thought the chorus was - we turn up the max

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 3:34 AM Quote
Oh! I have one. When I sing along to "3 Times and You Lose" I always sing "And I thought I saw you, But it was just another face, Plastered on a blank horizon, Roaming in the human race." When really it's "Running in the human race." I just think roaming sounds better :P

Afterglow
Afterglow Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 4:14 AM Quote
I used to sing "awake your mind a-pling (yes I know that's not a word)" The real lyrics are "Awake on my airplane". It's from Take a Picture by Filter.
Also, I'm pretty sure I sing most of Manic Street Preachers lyrics wrong. :)

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:21 PM