Re: song of the moment?
Stephie
Stephie Posted Sun 19 Aug, 2007 8:10 PM Quote
hoodoo ~ muse

Re: First song by Travis you heard
galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Sun 19 Aug, 2007 8:20 PM Quote
Definitely, was SIDE

It was arond 2002 (I was 15), I was watching at 28 channel here in Mexico City and I watch a woderful video which drove me crazy for months but I didnĀ“t know the name of the song and the name ob the band until a school-mate helped me, I had to describe every moment of the video in order to made him understand me, and then, he said: TRAVIS, the name is TRAVIS. As soon as I could, I search on the wed about travis and I found many songs, but the first option was a song called SIDE, I got it and I can't describe my feeling when I hearded, it was AWESOME, AMAZING, WOWWWW. Since that moment I am a crazy Travis fan, I love it!!!

Eledh
Eledh Posted Sun 19 Aug, 2007 11:55 PM Quote
I don't really remember, you know? A friend of mine was listening Singles and I started to like it!
And then I totally fell in love with them... and bought all albums...
The first song I remember, anyway, was Sing.
And then Writing To Reach You...

MaggieMae
MaggieMae Posted Mon 20 Aug, 2007 2:35 PM Quote
WDIAROM. It was Sept 1999 when i was on holiday in Ireland and it kept being played on the car radio,it was so addictive i couldn't stop singing it. Side was however the single that hooked me in to buying the Invisible Band in 2001.The addiction took its time to get me completely and happened when I saw Travis on Live 8 on the TV, which prompted me to go out and buy The Man Who & 12 Memories, to be closely followed by Good Feeling.Trust me to get addicted just as they stopped touring for a while, but have attended two gigs this year (wow!) and waiting impatiently for more UK dates.

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Wed 22 Aug, 2007 12:44 AM Quote
ohhh, I have never seen their performance at live 8, and I didn't find anything about it on the net sniff sniff I guess It was awesome

MaggieMae
MaggieMae Posted Wed 22 Aug, 2007 5:40 PM Quote
Well I thought it awesome anyway,shame you missed out, glad I taped it as when the DVD of the event came out I heard one of the acts left off was Travis. How could they??!!!! Set consisted of Sing,Side, Staying Alive (Bee Gees cover)and WDIAROM

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Wed 22 Aug, 2007 7:12 PM Quote
i guess it was WDIAROM...

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Wed 22 Aug, 2007 7:51 PM Quote
Love Will Come Through. On the trailer for Garden State. I looked it up and BAM.

Francy78
Francy78 Posted Wed 22 Aug, 2007 9:01 PM Quote
Sing, the (wonderful) video, was on MTV very often. Then when I heard even Side I went to buy The Invisible Band! :)

black_bird
black_bird Posted Thu 23 Aug, 2007 6:05 AM Quote
Baby one more time

It was so funny 'cause I didin't know who was Travis in that time until a couple of years.

But technically the first song that I heard was Turn(in 2000). I remember exactly, I was listening radioactivo 98.5 (who dosen't exist now, here in mexico).When I heard that song since the very first seconds I made me a travis fan!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 23 Aug, 2007 6:21 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
Love Will Come Through. On the trailer for Garden State. I looked it up and BAM.

Me too! I had probably heard their music before then, but I hadn't bothered to check into it though...

poll
poll Posted Thu 23 Aug, 2007 2:35 PM Quote
it was between sing and side, i can't remember exactly. it probably was sing

Vicky_Alher
Vicky_Alher Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 5:08 PM Quote
The first song by travis I heard was "Sing"... I was watching a music tv program and then the video started XD I bought "The invisible band" without hearing any other of their songs XD Kisses!!

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:43 AM