Travis

Re: Most Recent Word you found you were using Incorrectly
feri
feri Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 2:51 AM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
happy_me wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what degree do you have?

3 "A" levels in Ignorance, Megalomania, Bullshit

LOL

This is to Paul, just out of curiousity you already got your BA? You're like my age, so what age do people enter uni? I only know how you can enter Med directly after you finish high school and your A levels or etc.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 4:58 AM Quote
When I found out that Fanny was an alternate word for vagina in the UK, as opposed to ass like we use it here I started using it more.

Katherine
Katherine Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 6:35 AM Quote
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/keloving/Thread.jpg

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 9:20 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
When I found out that Fanny was an alternate word for vagina in the UK, as opposed to ass like we use it here I started using it more.

Haha my wife had a lot of fun with that one when she came over to Scotland...
When they start saying it in simpsons or like sesame street and things we always got a giggle out of that

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 9:22 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
a BA and i'm not finished yet Dave. Just demonstrating that i'm not lacking in intelligence, as you seem to think.

And congratulations- you learned how to use babelfish. Putting down a few German words doesn't make you intelligent.

Well done Abs btw ;)

It still amuses me that you covet your BA so...babelfish is a useful tool for people like you perhaps, but some of us actually got our set of 5 advanced highers in a cross of languages and sciences, and went on to tutor some of those languages, though mainly music, after visiting germany for quite some time.

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 9:46 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

So it's ok to miss-use words as long as it someone else's language??? ya fuckwit

Who said its ok to miss use words at all...in any language...

What a completely fucking retarded thing to say considering the nature of this thread...are you really that fucking dim?! This is a thread about "Words you found out you were using incorrectly" to which I have responded with plenty of my own examples - if you're gonna try and act the hard clever man, you better get hard and clever - fuck-arse.

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 9:48 AM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
happy_me wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what degree do you have?

3 "A" levels in Ignorance, Megalomania, Bullshit

As opposed to the wonderful absolutpurple here, who likes to think she is an artist and a cultural person - just another thing that gives me a good chuckle :)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 9:58 AM Quote
Dave, I could start on your use of punctuation, spelling, your failing to capitalise proper nouns, and other things, but I'd be here all day.

Tip from the top - Try typing your posts in Word or something and let the programme tidy up your syntax before you make an ass of yourself again.

You talk about how you consider people who correct you on punctuation spelling and grammar are "pedantic, petty, condesending, patronizing arseholes".

People in glass houses, Dave.

What makes it worse is that you then cite that you work for a huge legal firm and therefore your grammar has to be spot-on?

So are you deliberately thick exclusively on this board?

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 10:07 AM Quote
http://www.fetchportland.com/dog_products/dogtoys/smalljpgs/chillpill_sm.jpg

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 10:47 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Dave, I could start on your use of punctuation, spelling, your failing to capitalise proper nouns, and other things, but I'd be here all day.

Tip from the top - Try typing your posts in Word or something and let the programme tidy up your syntax before you make an ass of yourself again.

You talk about how you consider people who correct you on punctuation spelling and grammar are "pedantic, petty, condesending, patronizing arseholes".

What makes it worse is that you then cite that you work for a huge legal firm and therefore your grammar has to be spot-on?

I really wish I had a clue what the hell you're talking about...you've totally ignored what I just said -

1) this THREAD is about MISTAKES

2)who the flip cares what my punctuation is like? its a flippin board, not an essay

3) when have I EVER in my entire life said anything along the lines or even close to "pedantic, petty, condesending, patronizing arseholes" - I've rarely if ever had someone comment on my grammar, and I'm pretty sure that either you or scottish dubliner said that exact sentence a while back - in selfish jean?

4) I do not, have not, and hopefully never will work for a legal firm, and have never said so, and have never mentioned my need for good grammar - I believe Paul_C or someone else did...

5) You are an arse

You've got me completely confused with someone else, or YOU are being the retarded one - but most likely both. Screwed that one up didn't you?! haha

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 10:50 AM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:

4) I do not, have not, and hopefully never will work for a legal firm, and have never said so, and have never mentioned my need for good grammar - I believe Paul_C or someone else did...

It's Dubz.

C'mon people get yer facts right.

*munches popcorn*

la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 10:56 AM Quote
Sunny wrote:
http://www.fetchportland.com/dog_products/dogtoys/smalljpgs/chillpill_sm.jpg

Don't hand out chill pills now this place has been as dull as a very dull thing lately we've got a boardie fight now let us enjoy it!

*ahem*

Pass me some of that popcorn please?

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 10:58 AM Quote
la femme qui wrote:

Don't hand out chill pills now this place has been as dull as a very dull thing lately we've got a boardie fight now let us enjoy it!

*ahem*

Pass me some of that popcorn please?

Moment of madness there, sorry.

*hands over popcorn*

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 11:07 AM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
Esteban wrote:

I really wish I had a clue what the hell you're talking about...you've totally ignored what I just said -

1) this THREAD is about MISTAKES

2)who the flip cares what my punctuation is like? its a flippin board, not an essay

3) when have I EVER in my entire life said anything along the lines or even close to "pedantic, petty, condesending, patronizing arseholes" - I've rarely if ever had someone comment on my grammar, and I'm pretty sure that either you or scottish dubliner said that exact sentence a while back - in selfish jean?

5) You are an arse

You've got me completely confused with someone else, or YOU are being the retarded one - but most likely both. Screwed that one up didn't you?! haha

Yep, I fucked up, nevermind, I'm over it.

Katherine
Katherine Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 11:08 AM Quote
Sunny wrote:

It's Dubz.

C'mon people get yer facts right.

*munches popcorn*

Indeed, this is fodder for my last all nighter as an undergrad. Do pass the popcorn. I have a feeling there will be the inevitable fight over the merits of a B.A. degree.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:04 PM