Travis

Fran-Question about "Sing" Video
BeatleGirl11
BeatleGirl11 Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 3:17 AM Quote
Hey! I was just watching the "Sing" video and I was wondering if some of the parts were inspired by the Beatles movie "Help". For instance the bike riding in a circle, and the band on the black and white television getting darts thrown at them? I love the movie, and the video! Thanks!

~*Robbi*~

Re: Fran-Question about
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 3:43 AM Quote
Yeah, the directors have said that the scene is inspired by the part in Help! where the cult member is throwing darts at the telly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sing_%28Travis_song%29

cartoonmatrix
cartoonmatrix Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 3:47 AM Quote
Bike riding too had to be as it was in Help! No other band but Travis could pull off something Beatles like and it seem as cool as the original. The food fight is inspired by an older film, I know cause I have seen the scene before. just can't remember which one.

cartoonmatrix
cartoonmatrix Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 3:47 AM Quote
Bike riding too had to be as it was in Help! No other band but Travis could pull off something Beatles like and it seem as cool as the original. The food fight is inspired by an older film, I know cause I have seen the scene before. just can't remember which one.

BeatleGirl11
BeatleGirl11 Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 5:07 AM Quote
cartoonmatrix wrote:

I grew up loving The Beatles, so nothing comes before them in my opinion, but Travis sure does come close! I usually hate hearing Beatle covers, because it never sounds nearly as good as the original, but I love Travis' cover of "Lovely Rita" and "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away." I think its awesome for them to add things in their videos regarding the Beatles, its awesome!

beatlejenn
beatlejenn Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 3:03 PM Quote
Makes me want to watch Help! again....love it!

BeatleGirl11
BeatleGirl11 Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 8:53 PM Quote
beatlejenn wrote:
Makes me want to watch Help! again....love it!

haha, yeah its so good! Sometimes it amazes me how good of actors the Beatles were, and their movies are great! I know Magical Mystery Tour got a lot of flack, but I loved it!

Fran
Fran Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 5:49 PM Quote
Yes the look of the Sing video was inspired in part by the cinematography of Help (well spotted) and also by Mel Brooks movies like The Producers (the original version)

quidamonrainbow
quidamonrainbow Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 6:56 PM Quote
oh yes the beginning of the movie.:D

beatlejenn
beatlejenn Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 7:03 PM Quote
BeatleGirl11 wrote:
their movies are great!

I have all their movies on VHS and DVD(I passed the VHS on to my daughter once I re-bought them). Everything except Let It Be, which I only have on a VHS copy of a copy of a copy, etc....which is really poor quality. Do you have a good quality version of this film? And if so, I'd be interested to know where you found it!

BeatleGirl11
BeatleGirl11 Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 8:55 PM Quote
beatlejenn wrote:
BeatleGirl11 wrote:
their movies are great!

I have all their movies on VHS and DVD(I passed the VHS on to my daughter once I re-bought them). Everything except Let It Be, which I only have on a VHS copy of a copy of a copy, etc....which is really poor quality. Do you have a good quality version of this film? And if so, I'd be interested to know where you found it!

Yes! I also have DVD and VHS copies of all the movies...for some reason I stil really enjoy watching them on VHS! I have a poor quality of outtakes from Let it Be, but also I have it on DVD, which is in pretty good shape. I got them both on Ebay. It was a few years ago, but they might still have copies!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:34 PM