Travis

Re: Simpsons Movie
Cynthia
Cynthia Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 4:52 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Who has seen it and who has loved it?

Was my second time tonight, and just as fantastic the second time i must say!

Saw it, loved it, want to see it again! :)

"Clap for Alaska. . . "

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 11:12 AM Quote
I love the older episodes, but I'm afraid I have to agree with the folk who say The Simpsons have gone downhill. There doesn't seem to be any cleverness and wit in the humour any more. It's just slapstick stuff or randomness pushed to the extreme, which might be funny for a while, but it pretty much shows the writers are getting a bit desperate. Sooo...I'm not really bothered with the new movie. Might see it if I'm bored. But I've still got Transformers to see first. Might see it today actually. ^_^

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 1:13 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
To be honest i've not seen a lot of the "newer" ones. I mean, there's 4 a night on Sky- and i rarely watch any of them. But from what i've seen, they're just brilliant. Like this one is just the outright funniest opening 3 minutes of anything ever!

Paul, that is so frickin funny! Think I would prefer good ol' clumsy Homer to the studly buff Homer!
Thanks for that.
=D

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 1:46 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
I love the older episodes, but I'm afraid I have to agree with the folk who say The Simpsons have gone downhill. There doesn't seem to be any cleverness and wit in the humour any more. It's just slapstick stuff or randomness pushed to the extreme, which might be funny for a while, but it pretty much shows the writers are getting a bit desperate. Sooo...I'm not really bothered with the new movie. Might see it if I'm bored. But I've still got Transformers to see first. Might see it today actually. ^_^

That's cos it's different writers from the earlier seasons- of course it's going to be different!

Oh and btw, the movie is all the old writers back again- or been working on it since they left originally, so it's really worth seeing if you like the older seasons. Trust me ;)

"Clap for Alaska..." lol, genius :)

happy_me
happy_me Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 1:47 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
To be honest i've not seen a lot of the "newer" ones. I mean, there's 4 a night on Sky- and i rarely watch any of them. But from what i've seen, they're just brilliant. Like this one is just the outright funniest opening 3 minutes of anything ever!

"Spider poison is people poison?" lol

happy_me
happy_me Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 2:08 PM Quote
Scotchtoberfest Ahhh!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 2:10 PM Quote
happy_me wrote:
paul_c wrote:

"Spider poison is people poison?" lol

Mmm, where's the pain? AAAAAAAAARGH, there it is!! lol

GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 3:47 PM Quote
It was a brilliant movie, one of the best I've seen this year. But it shouldn't have been a PG, it should have been a 12. Cos, first of all, you see Bart's goolies and then you see Homer giving everyone the fingers ... still a really good movie though. :)

happy_me
happy_me Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 4:03 PM Quote
GotChrist wrote:
It was a brilliant movie, one of the best I've seen this year. But it shouldn't have been a PG, it should have been a 12. Cos, first of all, you see Bart's goolies and then you see Homer giving everyone the fingers ... still a really good movie though. :)

I sort of agree with you, but not because of Bart's nakedness or Homer giving everyone the finger (besides i think it's worse that they show the schoolbus driver smoking a pipe). The Simpsons has never been a show for kids, it's for the more grown up population. By that I mean people who're able to understand the satire and the critique of todays society, and a 7 year old hasn't got that ability.

The Simpsons is my favourite series on the telly, and I have to have my daily dose, but I also understand why my parents didn't let me watch it until they considered me old enough.

GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 4:07 PM Quote
happy_me wrote:
(besides i think it's worse that they show the schoolbus driver smoking a pipe).

I forgot about that part.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 5:00 PM Quote
happy_me wrote:

I sort of agree with you, but not because of Bart's nakedness or Homer giving everyone the finger (besides i think it's worse that they show the schoolbus driver smoking a pipe). The Simpsons has never been a show for kids, it's for the more grown up population. By that I mean people who're able to understand the satire and the critique of todays society, and a 7 year old hasn't got that ability.

The Simpsons is my favourite series on the telly, and I have to have my daily dose, but I also understand why my parents didn't let me watch it until they considered me old enough.

I was the same. Wasnt allowed to watch it until i was about 10. Never looked back!! Haha. I'm so in love with it. It's probably the one thing that i love as much as music. Which is a lot! :)

EEEEEEPAAA EEEEEEPAAA!!! lol

GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 5:08 PM Quote
The Simpsons' programmes were rated 12s but the movie was rated PG even though I consider the movie to be worse than the episodes (for young audience viewing I mean). That's what I'm getting at.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 5:12 PM Quote
*Family Fortunes incorrect answer noise* ERRR-ERRRRRRR!!!

One of the boxsets i have is rated as PG, so the episodes aren't all rated at 12

GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 5:16 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
*Family Fortunes incorrect answer noise* ERRR-ERRRRRRR!!!

One of the boxsets i have is rated as PG, so the episodes aren't all rated at 12

I didn't say they were ALL rated 12, did I? :P

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 5:17 PM Quote
GotChrist wrote:
The Simpsons' programmes were rated 12s

Close enough- you suggested they were all 12s ;)

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:48 PM