Travis

My review from Birmingham
lozm
lozm Posted Sat 26 May, 2007 10:28 AM Quote
Well this was by far my best Travis gig and possibly best gig ever!!!! All the new songs sounded great live and I got to hear U16 Girls. Fran was very chatty as always and telling stories to the audience and one of them was him explaining the 2nd verse of Pipe Dreams, which was pretty funny. At one point he asked if it was anyone's first gig and a few people put their hands up, including a young boy called Matt and Fran made the whole audience say hello matt. Highlights of the evening included, U16 Girls, Good Feeling and Flowers In The Window. I managed to get a setlist after the show, so this is the correct order:

Selfish Jean
Eyes Wide Open
Writing To Reach You
Love Will Come Through
As You Are
My Eyes
Pipe Dreams
Side
Driftwood
Good Feeling
Closer
Sing
Battleships
All I Want To Do Is Rock
Turn

Encoure:
Flowers In The Window (Fran, acoustic, with band singing around him, including Claus.)
U16 Girls
Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

Re: My review from Birmingham
Jennybean
Jennybean Posted Sat 26 May, 2007 11:03 AM Quote
ahh thanks for the setlist, I couldn't remember how it went after Pipe Dreams.

NCD
NCD Posted Sat 26 May, 2007 9:20 PM Quote
Travis in Birmingham was definitely one of my faves! Brinkman had a good reception and sounded on good form. Key to a good band... hadn't listened to any of their stuff since hearing it for the first time in Warrington...and still managed to sing along to most of the songs (declaring... "ooooo I like this one" to most of them!) Like them more and more - and thinking Fran is actually very right in thinking that this band will do really well!

Good to hear some Rocky music and Travis coming through the crowds at the beginning... straight into selfish jean (throat hurt too much after the first song!) Highlights for me would be hearing Battleships live for the first time and nearly killing myself jumping around to WDIAROM and much to most peoples pleasure..nearly losing voice completely. One of my favourite Travis sets to date too. They have so many songs now that it would be too long a set but would really like to hear Coming Around and More Than Us live again sometime :)

Thanks to Andy for chat and photo(shame about the 'pool eh), Dougie - for obliging photos (and DJ set - done with such class) and Fran for letting us stroke his gorgeous jacket! Will upload photos soon - love the ones of Andy and Dougie DJing, they looked like they were unsure of which knobs to twizzle :P

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 26 May, 2007 10:20 PM Quote
lozm wrote:
Well this was by far my best Travis gig and possibly best gig ever!!!! All the new songs sounded great live and I got to hear U16 Girls. Fran was very chatty as always and telling stories to the audience and one of them was him explaining the 2nd verse of Pipe Dreams, which was pretty funny. At one point he asked if it was anyone's first gig and a few people put their hands up, including a young boy called Matt and Fran made the whole audience say hello matt. Highlights of the evening included, U16 Girls, Good Feeling and Flowers In The Window. I managed to get a setlist after the show, so this is the correct order:

Selfish Jean
Eyes Wide Open
Writing To Reach You
Love Will Come Through
As You Are
My Eyes
Pipe Dreams
Side
Driftwood
Good Feeling
Closer
Sing
Battleships
All I Want To Do Is Rock
Turn

Encoure:
Flowers In The Window (Fran, acoustic, with band singing around him, including Claus.)
U16 Girls

Thanks for a great review...Also glad they played U16 Girls for you after wanting to hear it to so much :) What did Fran say about pipedreams? Always interested in these clips!! Chow :)

lozm
lozm Posted Sat 26 May, 2007 10:45 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
lozm wrote:

Selfish Jean
Eyes Wide Open
Writing To Reach You
Love Will Come Through
As You Are
My Eyes
Pipe Dreams
Side
Driftwood
Good Feeling
Closer
Sing
Battleships
All I Want To Do Is Rock
Turn

Encoure:
U16 Girls

Thanks for a great review...Also glad they played U16 Girls for you after wanting to hear it to so much :) What did Fran say about pipedreams? Always interested in these clips!! Chow :)

Hehe, I think I emberresed my friend, cos I screamed when it came on lol. Fran was saying the verse that starts "I stood in line and a thought crossed my mind I had been dreaming", was about when they used to be on the dole in 1996 before they got a record deal and when he would go into to claim it, he said that they were going to get a record deal and the people in the office never believed them. The one day he went into sign off and was all excited and showed the woman, the record deal and she didn't really seem to care, hence the line "the woman looked right through me".

lozm
lozm Posted Sat 26 May, 2007 11:10 PM Quote
Here is a video of the story I was talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYWnROSQY-w

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 27 May, 2007 3:06 AM Quote
lozm wrote:
Here is a video of the story I was talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYWnROSQY-w

Frans stories are priceless...I love them . I think I could watch a whole video of them! :)

Pages [1] All Times UTC Current Time 11:39 PM