Travis

Re: Frans birthday Gig!
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 6:23 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
I got them at World Market if you live near one of those. I think any store that carried treats from other countries is likely to have them.

Haha! That's funny because as soon as I heard about Jaffa Cakes I looked them up on wikipedia and read that they were mostly a English delicacy. I immediatly thought, "Hmmm, I'm gonna have to hit up World Market for these." I was right!

elliotroad
elliotroad Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 2:24 AM Quote
Taralyn wrote:
Ellio what superb photos hope fran has seen them they capture a brill night and you got loads of goodies to looks as if it could have been your birthday to he he :)

Taralyn, thanks for checking out our blog!!! I hope Fran sees them too!! haha...yeah we were very excited that the guys took pics with us and signed our merchandise. Superb gentleman! Can't wait to see them again!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 3:47 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Meridith wrote:
Sounds like it was an amazing night! I wish I could've been there!

So, what are jaffa cakes?

Jaffa cakes are a cookie (biscuit in the UK) that are popular. There are threads on here devoted to them so you can search here and also on the web. There is a debate about whether they are cookies or cakes and most say they are cakes. I say cookies but I've only had them once so what the heck do I know? I got them at World Market if you live near one of those. I think any store that carried treats from other countries is likely to have them.

Ah, okay...I will have to check them out. We've got a store similar to that here. Thanks!

Taralyn
Taralyn Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 5:22 PM Quote
Ellio what superb photos hope fran has seen them they capture a brill night and you got loads of goodies to looks as if it could have been your birthday to he he :)

Taralyn, thanks for checking out our blog!!! I hope Fran sees them too!! haha...yeah we were very excited that the guys took pics with us and signed our merchandise. Superb gentleman! Can't wait to see them again!

Elio i agree they are perfect gentlemen and i cant wait to see them again to!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 13 Aug, 2007 4:31 AM Quote
http://www.brightcove.com/title.jsp?title=1119266983

Here's everyone singing happy birthday. Oh what a night :)

BEST NIGHT EVER

nats
nats Posted Mon 13 Aug, 2007 4:53 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
http://www.brightcove.com/title.jsp?title=1119266983

Here's everyone singing happy birthday. Oh what a night :)

BEST NIGHT EVER

awesome!
i think fran will love this video!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 13 Aug, 2007 5:03 AM Quote
Wait, let me clarify. I did NOT take this video. But, I was at this gig. I was close to the stage and by Dougie, but I didn't take video because we were standing next to the speakers. So thank some other dude for this. I did however get hit in the head by a tootsie roll by Dougie when they threw out the candy.

Here's more video footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL1BlNJsp3Q - '20' (I think this has a certain significance because it was his birthday, so it's extra magical.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQZigMgcPfw - 'Flowers in the Window' (Everyone has pink party hats on)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgTPPTeogp4 - 'Rocky intro/ Selfish Jean' (They all didn't really come up together... that was a tad bit odd. But I love how Fran kicks his balloons around when he gets on stage.)

clatter
clatter Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 11:19 PM Quote
I brought my little camera to the show thinking I would take a bunch of pics, but when I saw that every other person there had some sort of photo apparatus, I just snapped a few awful shots before the show and gave up, figuring someone else would do better! I just uploaded them and added them to my marathon review of the evening. John, I think you'll recognize yourself and your family! :)

Long-Winded, Cure-For-Insomnia Review…Now With Terrible Photos!

elliotroad
elliotroad Posted Sun 19 Aug, 2007 8:02 PM Quote
clatter wrote:
I brought my little camera to the show thinking I would take a bunch of pics, but when I saw that every other person there had some sort of photo apparatus, I just snapped a few awful shots before the show and gave up, figuring someone else would do better! I just uploaded them and added them to my marathon review of the evening. John, I think you'll recognize yourself and your family! :)

Long-Winded, Cure-For-Insomnia Review…Now With Terrible Photos!

Clatter - Thanks for posting these!! I came across someone else's blog who had a funny picture of me trying to take a picture of Andy when he jumped down in the crowd to play a guitar solo. :-)

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 7:10 PM