Travis

Re: Frans birthday Gig!
solarpanel1985
solarpanel1985 Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 4:16 AM Quote
Yeah, I was there too and it was pretty much the most awesome night of my life. Dougie opened my beer for me and I got pictures with all of them. I've been waiting 8 years to see Travis in concert and they definitely didn't disappoint. Also, my sister asked Fran what jaffa cakes were and he actually went to the tour bus and got some for us to try. Thanks for the jaffa cakes Fran and to all of the guys for a night that I will never forget.

Luis
Luis Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 6:55 AM Quote
I want some more pics !!!!! very special gig btw :)

BettyPekker
BettyPekker Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 8:01 AM Quote
:)

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 11:01 AM Quote
alyrtle wrote:
I think Fran and Neil were wearing shirts that correctly spelled Claus' name on it!! haha fiiinally :D So it's not Claes or Klaus, it's Claus!...I do kinda like the very first one the most though :P

It is Claes, they're just messing with him ;) His myspace has his correct name(see my reply to your thread here http://travisonline.com/board/view.php?t=2739 ). Claes is a common Swedish name, but non-scandinavians tend to have a problem knowing how to pronounce it ;)

On the other hand I'm all tingly inside reading about Fran actually inviting you guys in! What an amazing night you must have had! I'd love to hear more of your experiences.

lulu07
lulu07 Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 11:25 AM Quote
I love how they involve their fans, glad you all had a fantastic night!

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 1:54 PM Quote
That acutally sounds AWESOME! Glad that you guys had a nice time!

danmerker
danmerker Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 11:03 PM Quote
Luis wrote:
I want some more pics !!!!! very special gig btw :)

Did you see my post here? http://www.travisonline.com/board/view.php?t=2774

It's the best I could do, and figured I'd share with the world.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 12:16 AM Quote
Short but very sweet ;-)

elliotroad
elliotroad Posted Sat 04 Aug, 2007 5:09 AM Quote
The Lawrence show was amazing! I can't wait till Travis comes back!!! They were so nice to invite us to hang with them afterwards!

I wrote a review on my family's experience at the show. I posted pictures from the show and a video of Fran playing "20." Check out my blog here:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=37836610&blogID=293897071

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 04 Aug, 2007 5:46 AM Quote
Ellio , that was great , great quality pics and great film , would have loved to have seen more ..what a cosy gig? Doesn't matter how many people are there they perform to their best each time, sooo special ...Thanks for sharing :-)

elliotroad
elliotroad Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 7:39 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
Ellio , that was great , great quality pics and great film , would have loved to have seen more ..what a cosy gig? Doesn't matter how many people are there they perform to their best each time, sooo special ...Thanks for sharing :-)

Somewhere else, thanks for checking out our blog!! It was such an intimate and cosy show! Travis played their hearts out!!! It was so beautiful to watch!!! Thanks again!

Cheers,
John Beasley

Taralyn
Taralyn Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 8:40 PM Quote
Ellio what superb photos hope fran has seen them they capture a brill night and you got loads of goodies to looks as if it could have been your birthday to he he :)

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 9:03 PM Quote
Sounds like it was an amazing night! I wish I could've been there!

So, what are jaffa cakes?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 9:16 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:
Sounds like it was an amazing night! I wish I could've been there!

So, what are jaffa cakes?

Jaffa cakes are a cookie (biscuit in the UK) that are popular. There are threads on here devoted to them so you can search here and also on the web. There is a debate about whether they are cookies or cakes and most say they are cakes. I say cookies but I've only had them once so what the heck do I know? I got them at World Market if you live near one of those. I think any store that carried treats from other countries is likely to have them.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 10:31 PM Quote
alyrtle wrote:
http://www.travisonline.com/archive/pictures/19b4880826bd88970c986ddd73d2b52d.jpg
*that photo was taken from the tour archive, courtesy of erika hepburn*

and I think Fran and Neil were wearing shirts that correctly spelled Claus' name on it!! haha fiiinally :D So it's not Claes or Klaus, it's Claus!...

He's put his name down as Claes Bjorklund on his own myspace, so surely that's right.. I think he'd know, and i doubt they'd get it wrong so many times.

I on the otherhand have got it wrong all through one of my reviews. I put him down as Cleas :os Nope, he's not Basil Fawlty!! haha

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:38 AM