Travis

Tee-Shirt question
physalia
physalia Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 6:25 AM Quote
Hi everyone -

This is my first post here, though I'm not quite sure why it took me so long. I have a quick question for anyone that can help me out. After the Chicago show on Saturday, my sister and I stuck around to meet the guys. So glad I did, (even though I made a general fool out of myself with the fangirling), because when Fran came out he walked up to my sister and I first and handed us a Selfish Jean shirt. It's the Art/Music/Jaffa Cake one, which he was wearing during the show.

Anyway, he signed it, and at first I was thinking, "how nice! He gave us a free shirt!" But then looking on it the next day, in the light - it has marks on it. Around the collar where a guitar strap would rub against it, and it other places. It's obviously been worn - and he wrote "tee-shirt on loan" on the back - all of which makes me think this was the actual shirt he wore during the show, or maybe another show.

This was a very long-winded way of asking if anyone else was lucky to get a shirt like this from Fran. I'd like to know if this really is the shirt he wore during the show. Any thoughts?

Re: Tee-Shirt question
Fran
Fran Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 8:01 AM Quote
This was from a show. Not sure which one. That is indeed a guitar strap mark. Nice. Glad you like it.

Elein
Elein Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 8:05 AM Quote
Ooooooh, lucky you!

physalia
physalia Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 9:02 AM Quote
Hi, Fran!

Thank you so much for replying personally - and for the shirt! I love it, and I do indeed feel very lucky. After that amazing show I didn't think the night could get any better, but you were all so thoughtful and kind when you came outside. You guys are the absolute best.

Lots of love,
-Crystal

cornax
cornax Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 10:50 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
This was from a show. Not sure which one. That is indeed a guitar strap mark. Nice. Glad you like it.

Time to clean your guitar straps... http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/e020.gif

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 12:36 AM Quote
Fran wrote:

How cool! You rock Franny! :)

kevinnn
kevinnn Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 2:07 AM Quote
aaah, i've always wondered why fran always wears the selfish jean t-shirt during gigs - so as not to ruin his clothes!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 1:25 PM Quote
He is of course getting washed, between gigs :-)

feri
feri Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 6:38 AM Quote
So he has like 20 of those shirts and he wears a different one every show? (reminds me of Simpsons)?!!

Does this mean Dougie has 20 of those striped shirts and he wears a different one each time?hmmmmmm

GerttuW
GerttuW Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 8:56 AM Quote
well....i haven`t get t-shirt from Fran but, when i bought Travis t-shirt then i saw that there was blood on that t-shirt.

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 6:09 PM Quote
oh you lucky lucky girl!...personally i'd frame it and stick it on my wall, like what those american football players do with their jerseys. :)

physalia
physalia Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 10:08 PM Quote
feri wrote:
So he has like 20 of those shirts and he wears a different one every show? (reminds me of Simpsons)?!!

Does this mean Dougie has 20 of those striped shirts and he wears a different one each time?hmmmmmm

Haha - that was one of my first thoughts, too :)

I'm so conflicted about what to do with it. Part of me does want to frame it like it's a sports jersey, or treat it like it's a game ball or something. The other (more insistent) part of me wants to wear all day, every day, and show it off.

Hopefully I can find a happy medium.

damon
damon Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 7:30 PM Quote
feri wrote:

it's a little late for this anwser, but in fact there's pic where dougie is packing and have lots and lost of stips shirts !!!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 7:46 PM Quote
If you hadn't said you were late noone would have noticed! It's only six months :)

Said picture is here. It's a bit big!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:21 PM