Travis

Re: Amy Macdonald
paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 04 Aug, 2007 12:15 PM Quote
Just watched it now on youtube- and yes. I can't wait for the Garage in October! :D

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 1:44 PM Quote
Huge article in the Sunday Mail today, might actually be quite interesting but haven't ead it as Billy (I was talking to my good friend Bono) Sloan, the lick arse, wankery, slimey, namedropping gobshite has written it.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 1:51 PM Quote
But sure the Sunday Mail/Daily Record always love any music that's Scottish? No?

I just know they always, always write about Travis- even when they're not around, you know? Not that that's a bad thing or anything ;)

Hey! Someone's gota do it, and it sure as hell ain't gona be the NME!! lol

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 1:54 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
But sure the Sunday Mail/Daily Record always love any music that's Scottish? No?

I just know they always, always write about Travis- even when they're not around, you know? Not that that's a bad thing or anything ;)

Hey! Someone's gota do it, and it sure as hell ain't gona be the NME!! lol

I'm not complaining about the article or the exposure, just the writer, Billy Sloan is a wanker, who's ambition in life is to become a celebrity, he knows fuck all about music and shouldn't be encourage the fat baldy tit!!

accousticbug
accousticbug Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 4:15 PM Quote
hahahaha billy sloan.. my grandpa used to work in the record when he was doing music reviews.. apparently hed get the CDs to review then flog them down the barras.. the sun caught him tho!!

also morrissey hates him.. read this from a review..

Morrissey was again very talkative. He greeted his audience "Hello Paisley we're in for a night of poetry, song and violence." He referred to the local newspaper as the Paisley Parrot. Local journalist Billy Sloan was present, and when Morrissey recognized him in the audience he said "Oh, Billy Sloan, he's been following me around for years." Also "Shall we tell him to piss off?" and "No one has noticed him for seven years, so why should they now?" Before "Irish Blood English Heart" (on the setlist as "Irish Pub"), when the man could not be seen anymore, Morrissey asked "Has he gone home to write his nasty review? Knowing him he probably wrote it yesterday."

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 4:57 PM Quote
Haha, he sounds like an eejit

accousticbug
accousticbug Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 9:51 PM Quote
ahh eejit. i love that word.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 10:17 PM Quote
It's a great word, one of my favourite and most used!

Sunny
Sunny Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 12:03 PM Quote
Bloody hell, she got to number 2!

:O

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 4:22 PM Quote
Jesus, seriously? I looked in the chart but didn't see the album at all, and that was the top 100!

Sunny
Sunny Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 5:03 PM Quote
Album Chart

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 10:36 AM