Travis

Re: I've Got A Question
bridget jones
bridget jones Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 9:20 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
bridget jones wrote:
goosey_84 wrote:
there are no windows where i work...i swear.

Yeah - same with me. We're in a government building that was built in the 1970s. Apparently, architects had something against windows at that point in time. Other government buildings built around that era in my city are similar.

Interestingly enough, though, I'm much more productive without windows. I used to have an office with a window, and I was more easily distracted.

would you watch the squirrels?? haha....office space reference there...subtle, but there.

Some days I do feel like my desk is in Storage Area B.

harry potter
harry potter Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 9:21 PM Quote
bridget jones wrote:
harry potter wrote:
bridget jones wrote:
harry potter wrote:
bridget jones wrote:
harry potter wrote:
goosey_84 wrote:
that song was on a commercial the other day...i can't remember the product they were pushing though...hmm...

heineken.
i got jonesy (my wife) to say the "you got it like that" line after the commerical was on the telly the other evening and she is TOO cute with her girly non-homegirl delivery.

Awww...thanks, hun! You make me sound so cool.

So, what's the deal tonight? Wanna go out to dinner?

that sounds like a good idea. where do you want to go to, the usual? i'll be a good boy don't worry.

That sounds good - or we could go somewhere outside on the water, like in Humarock or or Scituate harbor. Oh wait - is it raining outside? I can't tell from my rat hole of an office.

hmmm, it'll be packed with those summer goobers at both places plus the wind is REALLY picking up here right now, and the dark clouds are rolling in. if you want to go out it's gonna have to be red sauce comfort food *twists your arm*

OK! Like I need my arm to be twisted. We'll have to leave right at 5:00 tonight, though - you know how crowded it gets after 6:30.

agreed i so need to get out of here it's not funny. bring on the weekend i say.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 9:21 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
bridget jones wrote:
goosey_84 wrote:
there are no windows where i work...i swear.

Yeah - same with me. We're in a government building that was built in the 1970s. Apparently, architects had something against windows at that point in time. Other government buildings built around that era in my city are similar.

Interestingly enough, though, I'm much more productive without windows. I used to have an office with a window, and I was more easily distracted.

a long time ago in France, you paid more taxes if you had windows

a longer time ago in France you paid even substantial taxes if you had more than one tooth.

LOL !
didn't you get kicked out of Ireland coz you still had all yr teeth ??

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 9:22 PM Quote
a long time ago in France, you paid more taxes if you had windows [/quote]

That's really funny. In a lot of public buildings in the south there aren't a lot of windows due to the hurricanes. We moved from Detroit to Florida when I was about 7 and I thought it was the weirdest thing. No windows in the school. Same in my schools in Texas.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 9:23 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
a long time ago in France, you paid more taxes if you had windows

That's really funny. In a lot of public buildings in the south there aren't a lot of windows due to the hurricanes. We moved from Detroit to Florida when I was about 7 and I thought it was the weirdest thing. No windows in the school. Same in my schools in Texas. [/quote]
fucking hell !

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 9:28 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

fucking hell !

I know. But schools are some of the first places they send people who've been evacuated so they serve a good purpose. And it tortures small children so there's that bonus.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 9:32 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

fucking hell !

I know. But schools are some of the first places they send people who've been evacuated so they serve a good purpose. And it tortures small children so there's that bonus.

George W Bush went to that kind of school ?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 9:34 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

fucking hell !

LOL! I think (though I'm no expert on the bastard) that he did some school here but did the majority of it on the East Coast. He definitely went to Yale.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 9:35 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

fucking hell !

LOL! I think (though I'm no expert on the bastard) that he did some school here but did the majority of it on the East Coast. He definitely went to Yale.

Lord knows what he did in Yale besides drinking at all the pubs !!!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 9:42 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

He was in this secret society called "Skull and Bones" that lots of leaders/top biz people who went to Yale have been in. It's all very mysterious. Then he went to Harvard and got his MBA.

I know.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 9:44 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

He was in this secret society called "Skull and Bones" that lots of leaders/top biz people who went to Yale have been in. It's all very mysterious. Then he went to Harvard and got his MBA.

I know.

i know about it too - Mrs Heinz's husband also attended Harvard, right ? I liked her - strong and funny woman.

bridget jones
bridget jones Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 9:45 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

fucking hell !

My sister works/teaches at Yale, and she briefly dated one of the guys who had the Secret Service detail for Bush's daughter. That job must have been boring as hell.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 9:48 PM Quote
bridget jones wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

fucking hell !

My sister works/teaches at Yale, and she briefly dated one of the guys who had the Secret Service detail for Bush's daughter. That job must have been boring as hell.

boring ? why is that ?

bridget jones
bridget jones Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 9:49 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
bridget jones wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

fucking hell !

boring ? why is that ?

Following around some kid all day from class to class? I certainly wouldn't have the patience for it!!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 9:57 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

fucking hell !

flying to texas this month...what the hell have i gotten myself in to?? hahaha

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:54 AM