Travis

Re: Are YOU Scottish?
Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 6:59 PM Quote
To be fair Dave, you can call it an observation all you like, but we all know you're a clever bloke who can wriggle out of most things (despite thinking six times eight is forty eight) however the tone I think Dee perceived, and that I definitely percieved was one of 'These bloody Irish, saying they're like Scots, they're not allowed to, 'cos I said so'.

The two cultures are far from mutually exclusive, in fact they overlap with each other shitloads. There's a bit of superiority complex going on here, I think, Dave. Being proud of your roots and being arrogant are two different things.

You seem to have nominated yourself as the arbiter of who can declare their affiliation to Scotland and who cannot, like it's some kind of status symbol that you can dish out when you see fit, even going to the lengths of suggesting that people should be satisfied with their own cultural popularity based on them solely being associated with drinking. Oh, irony.

Stroll on.

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 7:05 PM Quote
this thread is funny

face it people, we're in a melting pot!!! :p

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 7:07 PM Quote
Els* wrote:
this thread is funny

face it people, we're in a melting pot!!! :p

Does that mean we'll all end up a mucky green colour, you know like plasticine or paint all mixed together ? hehe

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 8:08 PM Quote
glowing green

hairy

and walking on all fours

hehe

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Wed 04 Jul, 2007 9:36 PM Quote
I met scottish people at the restaurant today, and they were so funny, and nice!! I definitely love you scottish people!!! :D

lsandi
lsandi Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 3:23 AM Quote
AYE!

lsandi
lsandi Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 3:27 AM Quote
lsandi wrote:
AYE!
and living in New York....

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 9:54 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:
To be fair Dave, you can call it an observation all you like, but we all know you're a clever bloke who can wriggle out of most things (despite thinking six times eight is forty eight) however the tone I think Dee perceived, and that I definitely percieved was one of 'These bloody Irish, saying they're like Scots, they're not allowed to, 'cos I said so'.

The two cultures are far from mutually exclusive, in fact they overlap with each other shitloads. There's a bit of superiority complex going on here, I think, Dave. Being proud of your roots and being arrogant are two different things.

You seem to have nominated yourself as the arbiter of who can declare their affiliation to Scotland and who cannot, like it's some kind of status symbol that you can dish out when you see fit, even going to the lengths of suggesting that people should be satisfied with their own cultural popularity based on them solely being associated with drinking. Oh, irony.

Stroll on.

You more or less just said what I did...
Besides, 6 x 8 IS 42 - thats the question, AND, answer to the meaning of life, universe, and everything :D

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] All Times BST Current Time 9:06 AM