Travis

Re: Thanks Fran
moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 10:12 PM Quote
moominbadger wrote:
Glad your sister is ok now - it was scary what happened, we had seen that guy before the trouble and I suspect he had been taking some sort of illegal substances!!

What a great gig last night though, and it just shows what nice real people the band are!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 11:06 PM Quote
There was a girl who fainted at the Barrowlands, and Fran whistled to the bouncers to try and get her some water. To my memory he had to whack the bouncer about the head with the water to get his attention

ajram1983
ajram1983 Posted Mon 02 Jul, 2007 8:01 AM Quote
Latest update on my sister is she is fine...a bit bruised but she'll live.

Thanks for all the messages, i have been passing them on to here. The response shows what great people true Travis fans are!

Lucile
Lucile Posted Mon 02 Jul, 2007 8:12 AM Quote
Glad to hear that she's ok. I still can't believe that some people would act like that at a Travis concert...

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 02 Jul, 2007 7:56 PM Quote
That's terrible! Glad she is OK. A few years ago at an Austin, TX gig somebody near the front passed out and Fran and Dougie were trying to get security's attention (while still playing) and it wasn't working so they stopped the song. They asked security to take her backstage to recover and told them they would say hi later...then Fran got a big grin on his face and said, "no one else who faints will get the same treatment."

Fran also claimed it was due to all the gyrating and flirting that Dougie does. It was funny and I was impressed they did that. Some bands don't seem to notice (or care) what is going on in the audience but they certainly do.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 02 Jul, 2007 8:00 PM Quote
alyrtle wrote:
aw how nice of him. yeah sometimes i have a hard time imagining Travis fans as jerks. becuase if you're listening to Travis, how can you possibly be a meanie :(
hope she gets better soon~

i concur...

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 5:50 PM