Travis

Thanks Fran
Leyarah
Leyarah Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 1:06 AM Quote
Fran,

I would like to say a HUGE thank you for your reaction to the incident at the Sherwood Forrest gig. It was my Mate that got crushed and carried out.

The guy who got booted out had been acting like a pr**k for a while,he was being watched, but nothing was done until you stepped in.

Thank fully she was OK, a little sore and shaken, but it completely ruined our night. The 3 of us had queued from 11am, throughout the rain to make sure we got to the front.

I have been a fan of Travis for quite a while, but as far as I'm concerned after tonight, I will not allow a bad word to be said about you guys.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

Diane Leyarah

Re: Thanks Fran
paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 1:33 AM Quote
What happened? What did he do?

lozm
lozm Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 2:02 AM Quote
Yeah, I was at the gig too. Didn't see what happened, but was nice of Fran to literally jump in and save the day.

ajram1983
ajram1983 Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 6:48 AM Quote
It was my siter that was crushed. Just want to agree with Diane in what a star Fran was. As soon as he realised there were problems, he was done to the crowd doing what he could to get the bloke out.
It is great to see an artist who really cares about the fans. Thank you!

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 7:16 AM Quote
aw how nice of him. yeah sometimes i have a hard time imagining Travis fans as jerks. becuase if you're listening to Travis, how can you possibly be a meanie :(
hope she gets better soon~

Leyarah
Leyarah Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 7:51 AM Quote
Trouble is I don't think these type of people are fans. They were just complete hooligans.

Good thing was, when we went to find her at the med tent, we walked past him; he was face down in the dirt with four police officers sat on top of him! (Couldn't have happened to a nicer chap I say!)

I really hope he enjoyed his stay in his own private little cell last night.

Diane

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 8:18 AM Quote
Hope your sister is okay now.
x

Dolly Mixed Up Girl
Dolly Mixed Up Girl Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 9:36 AM Quote
Oh my god, hope she is ok now. Why do some people act like such prats? Especially at a Travis gig.
Good on Fran, like you said you can tell they care, you wouldn't find that many artists do that, they usually just leave it up to the security guards.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 10:34 AM Quote
Bloody hell, hope yer sister's alrite! Some people are just plain twats... But it's well good to see artists who help out, not just get on with their show.

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 11:02 AM Quote
Hope you are ok, we were the ones that arrived at 1.00 and queued with you. i got hit in the face by someone behind me and they were removed. then i was kicked nearly to the floor, i was also crushed up again the barrier, but the security guards were really good and yes Fran did good in trying to stop the problems, I will be posting a proper review later

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 11:44 AM Quote
I think you were really unlucky with the people who you had on your side of the stage. I was by the front between Fran and Andy and had no problems. N jeez u got there early to get to the front. I didn't get there til after 6! Hope ur all ok. N good on Fran for getting rid of that guy.

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 11:56 AM Quote
Ruudio wrote:
I think you were really unlucky with the people who you had on your side of the stage. I was by the front between Fran and Andy and had no problems. N jeez u got there early to get to the front. I didn't get there til after 6! Hope ur all ok. N good on Fran for getting rid of that guy.

it started soon after we arrived so we had about 2 hours of squashing before one of them was removed, then it didn't stop and a few more people were removed while travis was on

Ulanka
Ulanka Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 2:16 PM Quote
oh my god o.ö"

I can't imagine this happened at a TRAVIS-concert o.ö"
I mean, this is nice and mostly peaceful music...
some ppl really need to calm down.
Respect, that Fran tried to help *_* it shows his human side o.ö"
I was on an other concert once and the singer just said that the ppl should come down and that was it...

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 9:11 PM Quote
Glad your sister is ok now - it was scary what happened, we had seen that guy before the trouble and I supsect he had been taking some sort of illegal substances!!

What a great gig last night though, and it just shows what nice real people the band are!

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 9:11 PM Quote
moominbadger wrote:
Glad your sister is ok now - it was scary what happened, we had seen that guy before the trouble and I suspect he had been taking some sort of illegal substances!!

What a great gig last night though, and it just shows what nice real people the band are!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times UTC Current Time 7:05 AM