Travis

Quality Street washed down with a turkey sandwich
Edel
Edel Posted Fri 27 Dec, 2013 11:33 AM Quote
I'm enjoying being a lazy slob before the rat race begins again. Are you all enjoying christmas or is it a nightmare for some?

Re: Quality Street washed down with a turkey sandwich
happy_me
happy_me Posted Fri 27 Dec, 2013 11:47 AM Quote
I'm enjoying it now that we went to my mother-in-law. Christmas with my dad turned out to be a proper nightmare. He and my grandma basically quit the family or something. They're not speaking to either my brother or me.

Right now in alone with in-laws dog and that's quite nice.

happy_me
happy_me Posted Fri 27 Dec, 2013 11:47 AM Quote
Sorry doble post

Edel
Edel Posted Fri 27 Dec, 2013 2:11 PM Quote
Sorry to hear that Tonje but hopefully things will take a better turn and nice you have the doggies to distract you ;)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 27 Dec, 2013 2:40 PM Quote
Yesterday I had dinner, then chocolates, then crisps, then a leftover sandwich (at about 3am). Life. Is. Good!

happy_me
happy_me Posted Fri 27 Dec, 2013 2:51 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
Sorry to hear that Tonje but hopefully things will take a better turn and nice you have the doggies to distract you ;)

:) I'm sorry for ruining the mood. But the dog is helping. Super awesome boyfriend is also helping. I'm feeling the spirit now :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 28 Dec, 2013 1:55 AM Quote
I hate to burst your bubble, but Quality Street are nasty! :P
You deserve some better treats.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sat 28 Dec, 2013 10:40 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:

my inner elf is yelling "post christmas unsecret not-santa exchange with a swiss or belgian exchange partner for edel!" right now ;D

Edel
Edel Posted Sat 28 Dec, 2013 5:00 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Haha guess they're part of the tradition. Don't care too much for them myself but received a box from a colleague at work and got a tin of them from Ireland. Would be a shame to let them go to waste ;)

Eledh
Eledh Posted Sat 28 Dec, 2013 9:33 PM Quote
I usually love Christmas, but I didn't feel the christmas-y vibe this year and I spent the 25th and the 26th listening to my ex's family complain and fight with eachother. And I really hate when people scream and shout and fight over nothing. So yeah... Sort of a bummer. I'm still hoping for new year's eve to be better though. <3

Edel
Edel Posted Sun 29 Dec, 2013 5:15 PM Quote
Eledh wrote:
I usually love Christmas, but I didn't feel the christmas-y vibe this year and I spent the 25th and the 26th listening to my ex's family complain and fight with eachother. And I really hate when people scream and shout and fight over nothing. So yeah... Sort of a bummer. I'm still hoping for new year's eve to be better though. <3

Yeah its horrible when people squabble about nothing :( Lets cross fingers for New Years Eve :)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 31 Dec, 2013 12:29 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

I agree with Kristy. They are not at all the nicest chocolates around and yet they are SUCH a tradition here...as are Roses which are slightly better I think.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 31 Dec, 2013 3:00 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
minnmess wrote:

I agree with Kristy. They are not at all the nicest chocolates around and yet they are SUCH a tradition here...as are Roses which are slightly better I think.

I saw a knockoff store brand of Quality Street the other day and almost had a meltdown. If you aren't even going to shell out money for the real thing, how bad are the fake ones going to be?

Edel
Edel Posted Tue 31 Dec, 2013 3:54 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Peewee wrote:
minnmess wrote:

I saw a knockoff store brand of Quality Street the other day and almost had a meltdown. If you aren't even going to shell out money for the real thing, how bad are the fake ones going to be?

Were they called Quantity Street? :p

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:31 AM