Travis

A Different Room
MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Thu 10 Oct, 2013 7:05 PM Quote
After several listens to the record, I think this is the most perfectly sung track on this album. Just a stunning vocal.

Re: A Different Room
Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Thu 10 Oct, 2013 7:51 PM Quote
Love the song - favourite song on the album - but I haven't seen any live versions of it on youtube - and I've looked. It may be a difficult vocal to pull off for Fran without the North Sea present. I'd be willing to find that adrenaline shot that Fran keeps talking about if he would do it live. That said, it's a great piece, and sonically sounds a little bit like some of The Edge's stuff - Dougie's song writing is really on display in this one.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 11 Oct, 2013 1:47 PM Quote
It's one of my top ones as well. I would enjoy hearing it live too.

I think you're thinking of Moving as the song he needed adrenaline for.

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Fri 11 Oct, 2013 11:20 PM Quote
For some odd reason, my last reply had me under a different user name. Hope this one works - or maybe I'm just too much the forum newb. In any event, Fran discusses this track in a mini-documentary. Here's the part that mentions this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1-AQMBq-Vc

He mentions this song and Moving as ones that really pushed his vocal range.

Swan269
Swan269 Posted Mon 14 Oct, 2013 2:14 AM Quote
When I talked to Doug after the show in Boston, he told me that the band had been rehearsing it.

fenririel
fenririel Posted Mon 14 Oct, 2013 2:53 AM Quote
Actually, I just realized something today while playing my vinyl of Where You Stand: in every concert of this leg of the tour, they've played all the songs of the A side (Mother, Moving, Reminder, Where You Stand, Warning Sign). Is it possible that they're waiting to play "the other side" of the album for the next gigs (maybe Glasgow being some sort of milestone for this matter?) Let's see. I think everyone wants to hear A Different Room live. And me, I'd like to listen On My Wall and Boxes as well.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 14 Oct, 2013 7:07 PM Quote
My favourite on the album, for sure. I love it!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:52 PM