Travis

Re: Boston Sept 22nd
hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 26 Sep, 2013 1:02 AM Quote
It was awesome to meet you Emma! So glad you and your daughters could rock out with us!

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Thu 26 Sep, 2013 4:41 PM Quote
Hi all -
I'm a newbie to this messageboard, but have been a Travis fan since The Man Who.

So, the Boston show. What can I say? They absolutely rocked. I’m so glad I went.

I was at the barrier with my friend and her husband, right in front of Fran. The band dug deep into their catalog for most of the set. Hearing “Sing” live was a definite highlight for me. (The only negative was that they didn't play "A Different Room," which is my favorite song on the new record.)

After the show, we waited for the band. My friend kindly gave me her physical ticket (mine was a printout) and I had all 4 band members sign my ticket.

I also got hugs and kisses from Andy and Dougie after telling them this was my first Travis show, nearly 15 years in the making (closer to 14 years, but close enough). “Welcome to the family!” said Andy. “I hope we were good!” said Dougie. Yes, indeed. (Andy wrote on my ticket ‘Hope it was worth the wait!’) *laugh*

Fran was a dear. Unfortunately we had to run for the last train, so only had time for a quick chat and picture with Fran. During the show, he said he had written the song “Reminder” as a kind of ‘to-do’ list for his son. I showed him my son’s picture on my phone and said he would be my reason for “Reminder.” We talked quickly about kids and then literally ran for the train, saying goodbye and waving as we passed Andy and Neil by the bus.

I hope they do a second leg of the tour and come back this way again. If they do, you can be sure I’ll go see them.

And maybe I'll be lucky enough to meet some of you as well.

Cheers!
Di

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Thu 26 Sep, 2013 4:43 PM Quote
Ok that was weird.

Anyone else seeing my username as a gibberish word?

It should be Dionysia.

emmahealy
emmahealy Posted Thu 26 Sep, 2013 5:29 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
We loved to listen to you talk! :)

(Emma, this is the part where you tell us you love our accents too)

YOU GUYS HAVE AWES0ME ACCENTS TOO.. (sry i was away from the board for a few days)

Great bunch of Gals!!

emmahealy
emmahealy Posted Thu 26 Sep, 2013 5:29 PM Quote
Swan269 wrote:
it was great to see some of you that night.

Swan

Where were you hiding?

Swan269
Swan269 Posted Thu 26 Sep, 2013 5:42 PM Quote
emmahealy wrote:
Swan269 wrote:
it was great to see some of you that night.

Swan

Where were you hiding?

Right next to the tour bus, going crazy about getting his solo record signed. Not believing it was finally going to happen for Dan!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 26 Sep, 2013 6:27 PM Quote
Dypebooggep wrote:
Ok that was weird.

Anyone else seeing my username as a gibberish word?

It should be Dionysia.

You are an unfortunate victim of some bug where new boardies' posts show up as Dypebooggep. I hope they fix it because it's very confusing. For now, I suggest you sign your posts so people know who you are.

So glad you finally got to see them! They are amazing live. I was up front too, right in front of Andy.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 26 Sep, 2013 6:29 PM Quote
emmahealy wrote:

YOU GUYS HAVE AWES0ME ACCENTS TOO

Yay! Did you just want me to talk and talk and talk so you could listen to how awesome it is?

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Thu 26 Sep, 2013 6:44 PM Quote
Thanks for the info, weirdmom!

I have some pictures to upload of the show.

Di

Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 26 Sep, 2013 8:21 PM Quote
Dypebooggep wrote:
Hi all -
I'm a newbie to this messageboard, but have been a Travis fan since The Man Who.

So, the Boston show. What can I say? They absolutely rocked. I’m so glad I went.

I was at the barrier with my friend and her husband, right in front of Fran. The band dug deep into their catalog for most of the set. Hearing “Sing” live was a definite highlight for me. (The only negative was that they didn't play "A Different Room," which is my favorite song on the new record.)

After the show, we waited for the band. My friend kindly gave me her physical ticket (mine was a printout) and I had all 4 band members sign my ticket.

I also got hugs and kisses from Andy and Dougie after telling them this was my first Travis show, nearly 15 years in the making (closer to 14 years, but close enough). “Welcome to the family!” said Andy. “I hope we were good!” said Dougie. Yes, indeed. (Andy wrote on my ticket ‘Hope it was worth the wait!’) *laugh*

Fran was a dear. Unfortunately we had to run for the last train, so only had time for a quick chat and picture with Fran. During the show, he said he had written the song “Reminder” as a kind of ‘to-do’ list for his son. I showed him my son’s picture on my phone and said he would be my reason for “Reminder.” We talked quickly about kids and then literally ran for the train, saying goodbye and waving as we passed Andy and Neil by the bus.

I hope they do a second leg of the tour and come back this way again. If they do, you can be sure I’ll go see them.

And maybe I'll be lucky enough to meet some of you as well.

Cheers!
Di

Glad you got to finally see them and talk with them afterward! They really are the nicest, down to earth guys, aren't they?! :)

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 12:39 AM