Travis

Watching Travis live has been an expensive experience.. ;)
Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Sat 21 Sep, 2013 2:44 PM Quote
First: In case I'm still named Dypebooggep, this is ESSK writing ;)

All I knew about Travis was basically the songs "Sing" and "Side"., but I had never seen them live...and never expected that I would.

Well, that was until this summer, where I went to the Danish island of Bornholm to watch my favorite Danish band TV2 perform at Hammershus Fairtrade Concert.

I had noticed that Travis were going to perform as well, so of course I wanted to see them live now I had the chance...

Hm...and they completely blew me away! I have no idea of the set list, since I only knew the songs from "Invisible"...but what a gig!

Even though they had quite a lot of technical issues, they handled it so professionally. In other words; a new Travis-fan was born that evening :)

The fact that we were on the same airplane to Copenhagen as Travis (and TV2) the next morning and that I got the opportunity briefly to say hi to Fran at Copenhagen Airport, well, that just made the gig-experience even better... :)

It wasn't until Aug 2nd that I found Travisonline though....

Of course I ordered the deluxe bundle (Am still waiting for it...!! But that's another story...sigh)

Anyway...imagine my joy when Travis announced a gig in DK in November...You bet I'll be there...ticket is bought! :)

So what does a new fan do in order to know some more songs before the next gig?

Well, she shops heavily on Amazon...!

To put it shortly:

Before Hammershus I owned "The Invisible band"..

Today - well, a picture says more than 1000 words... ;)

http://www.ildkat.dk/Travismusic.jpg

Re: Watching Travis live has been an expensive experience..
cornax
cornax Posted Sat 21 Sep, 2013 5:40 PM Quote
What a great story! I remember the first time I saw Travis live on the BWNN tour. I had to drag my exhausted, reluctant husband to a mid-week, fairly late show. He had given the album a cursory listen as background music and wasn't overly impressed. Once they took the stage (and this was the tour where they did the famous Rocky entrance...all wearing hooded, boxing robes and entering through the back of the venue, walking through the crowd), he perked up. By the end of the night he, too, was a diehard fan. And, of course, he now loves all of their albums.

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Sat 21 Sep, 2013 7:22 PM Quote
Thank you :)

I think that Travis must do a special kind of magic when they perform, since I'm not the only one becoming a fan that fast ;)

I just watched my "new" live-dvd for the first time, it was so great...so now I really need to go see them live....ah...and lucky me; I only have to wait 2 months and 3 days for that to happen :)

paulo
paulo Posted Sat 21 Sep, 2013 8:23 PM Quote
Travis are a great live band.That's where the "true" magic happens for Travis I think is onstage playing Live to an audience.
Don't get me wrong I love all their albums too but they are just a fantastic Live band!
I remember someone saying that Travis were "boring" and "depressing" or something like that.
I convinced them to go see them live.They couldn't believe it was the same band from the couple of singles or whatever it was they had heard prior to seeing them live.
They have so much energy live and are great performers too!If anyone sees Travis live they will become Travis fans I think!

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Mon 23 Sep, 2013 9:11 PM Quote
paulo wrote:

I remember someone saying that Travis were "boring" and "depressing" or something like that.

Good that you convinced them to see them live...they are anything but boring. I was at the gig together with other friends (Also TV2 fans)..and they were all impressed by them...one of them actually has started collecting Travis albums like me....and we are going to the gig in DK together....So great, I think :)

mystruck
mystruck Posted Tue 24 Sep, 2013 6:00 AM Quote
You're missing the cd for this performance :)

http://youtu.be/8ynLL1U34os

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Wed 25 Sep, 2013 8:52 PM Quote
Thanks a lot for the link :)

I know I miss CD's as well as DVD's, I just started collecting ;)

Besides, I did find some interesting dvd's on amazon,(private sellers, though) but they won't ship to Denmark... :(

Well, I will look for more Travis next time I go to London :)

Right now I have enough material...and am busy trying to learn lyrics by heart. (It's not as easy a task as when I was teenager! Haha)

Thanks a lot to the folks who posted set lists :) At least I now have a pretty good idea of which songs to concentrate on until November 24th ;)

ESSK

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:24 PM