Travis

Set list from Washington
Swan269
Swan269 Posted Sat 21 Sep, 2013 3:59 AM Quote
I was not there, nor do I know if this different from Philly. (they would need to comment)

1.Sing
2.Selfish Jean
3.Pipe Dreams
4.Moving
5.Love Will Come Through
6.Driftwood
7.Warning Sign
8.Re-Offender
9.Where You Stand
10.The Cage
11.My Eyes
12.Reminder
13.Writing to Reach You
14.Side
15.Closer
16.Slide Show
17.Blue Flashing Light

Encore:
18.Good Feeling
19.Flowers in the Window
20.All I Want to Do is Rock
21.Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

Re: Set list from Washington
fenririel
fenririel Posted Sat 21 Sep, 2013 4:07 AM Quote
No "Turn"? :O

cornax
cornax Posted Sat 21 Sep, 2013 2:03 PM Quote
The show was fantastic. The atmosphere at the newly-refurbished Lincoln Theatre is quite different from their usual DC venue, the legendary 9:30 Club, but I think the crowd was pretty into it. The new songs sounded really great live and it seemed like a lot of people knew them which always helps.

My local Travis-loving radio station, 103.1 WRNR, posted photos of the set list afterwards and I noticed that Mother and Turn (nooooooooooo! why???????!!!!!!!!!) had been cut on the fly. Turn was supposed to close the main set.

Swan269
Swan269 Posted Sat 21 Sep, 2013 3:12 PM Quote
cornax wrote:
The show was fantastic. The atmosphere at the newly-refurbished Lincoln Theatre is quite different from their usual DC venue, the legendary 9:30 Club, but I think the crowd was pretty into it. The new songs sounded really great live and it seemed like a lot of people knew them which always helps.

My local Travis-loving radio station, 103.1 WRNR, posted photos of the set list afterwards and I noticed that Mother and Turn (nooooooooooo! why???????!!!!!!!!!) had been cut on the fly. Turn was supposed to close the main set.

My best guess would be that it has been a while since Fran has done back to back (longer shows) and he wanted to give his voice a break. I know he has said Turn is one of the hardest for him to sing.

cornax
cornax Posted Sun 22 Sep, 2013 2:23 PM Quote
Swan269 wrote:

My best guess would be that it has been a while since Fran has done back to back (longer shows) and he wanted to give his voice a break. I know he has said Turn is one of the hardest for him to sing.

Makes sense. We were up front and I could see that Fran was having to put a lot of effort into getting his voice out (although maybe that's always the way...we've always been back in the crowd in the past without benefit of up close view of his face). He sounded fantastic, though. : )

cornax
cornax Posted Mon 23 Sep, 2013 6:41 PM Quote
Nice set of photos from this gig are up on the venue's facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.485663414863221.1073741832.452404858189077&type=3

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:28 PM