Travis

Re: What Is Your Favorite Swear Word?
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 9:33 PM Quote
Nah I don't think you can compare it to the n word. I get your point but I just don't think it is the same thing.

lulu07
lulu07 Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 9:35 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Nah I don't think you can compare it to the n word. I get your point but I just don't think it is the same thing.

Me neither

harry potter
harry potter Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 9:35 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

well maybe so, but words are powerful and the n word and the c word are still two of the most terrible words ever and to have them used so freely is a terrible indictment of our societies i'm sure you'll agree.

racism and sexism are both bad things so i think maybe my agrument should have stated that fact - racists have the n word while sexists have the c word, derogatory terms to meet both agendas.

lulu07
lulu07 Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 9:36 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

well maybe so, but words are powerful and the n word and the c word are still two of the most terrible words ever and to have them used so freely is a terrible indictment of our societies i'm sure you'll agree.

Now I do agree with that

Qwerty
Qwerty Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 9:39 PM Quote
FUCK'KKULD (pernounced fuck-ull-ed)

Its All Fuckkuld now!

:) lol

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 9:40 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Yeah but the n word is used directly for a certain group of people and that is abuse. the c word is more of a general thing, it's just not used as commonly as the other swear words!

isma
isma Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 9:40 PM Quote
Bitch

Arsehole

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 9:44 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
harry potter wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Yeah but the n word is used directly for a certain group of people and that is abuse. the c word is more of a general thing, it's just not used as commonly as the other swear words!

The N word can offend anyone of any race though. I'm a white guy and I object to it, is that objection any less valid than a black man's objection?

harry potter
harry potter Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 9:46 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

just because a "bad word" isn't commonly used (however, walk down any street in my hometown and that myth is quickly debunked but i digress) doesn't mean that its power to offend and denegrate women isn't still valid. it's a bad word, one of the worst and should be seen as such.

harry potter
harry potter Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 9:47 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
harry potter wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

The N word can offend anyone of any race though. I'm a white guy and I object to it, is that objection any less valid than a black man's objection?

well said that man. holy moley you are on fire this avo fo'shiz.

HAL
HAL Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 9:48 PM Quote
Feckin' CUNT !

nats
nats Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 9:48 PM Quote
mierda= shit
puta= bitch

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 9:50 PM Quote
Yeah it can offend anyone. I just think there is a clear line between the c word and racist/homophobic etc terms.

Hmmm I'm not very good at explaining anything.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 9:57 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

just because a "bad word" isn't commonly used (however, walk down any street in my hometown and that myth is quickly debunked but i digress) doesn't mean that its power to offend and denegrate women isn't still valid. it's a bad word, one of the worst and should be seen as such.

Is it the same if you call a man a cock? I dunno, I just personally don't find cunt offensive to women. Well not to myself anyway, if I know that someone doesn't like the word, I won't use it in front of them.

harry potter
harry potter Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 10:00 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Is it the same if you call a man a cock? I dunno, I just personally don't find cunt offensive to women. Well not to myself anyway, if I know that someone doesn't like the word, I won't use it in front of them.

i think if you asked women to honestly tell you if they find that particular word offensive they will say yes. not that all would agree, but i bet the majority would agree and if you asked them why they found that particular word offensive they would say because it denegrates the female of the species. not a scientific answer and i've no way to prove this, 'cept maybe a vote on the 'board from the women but that's my opinion. not having a go by the way you're entitled to your own opinion too, no worries.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:49 PM