Travis

Dougie Payne
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 19 Aug, 2013 6:05 PM Quote
I'm not sure where you are, Mr Payne, but your songs on Where You Stand are wonderfully marvellous!

I think my favourite songs on the album are all Dougie's songs :) Though, of course, the album is full of great songs!

Re: Dougie Payne
Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Mon 19 Aug, 2013 7:29 PM Quote
I was really surprised looking at the writing credits to see than Moving, A Different Room and On My Wall were Dougies. am very impressed. His songwriting has come on so far, I always thought I could tell a Fran song apart from any of the others because they seemed better crafted, just....better. On this album, I honestly couldn't tell. Moving and A Different Room especially are incredible bits of songwriting, hats off.

Swan269
Swan269 Posted Mon 19 Aug, 2013 9:28 PM Quote
what is interesting as well, is Different Room and Wall were probably done in Hansa. If you look at the tracklisting that Fran gave when the recordings were done in Norway, Anniversary and Daydreaming (which is parallel lines I believe) had made the cut.

I guess that the creative juices were still flowing when they got to Hansa.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 19 Aug, 2013 11:30 PM Quote
Absolutely. I hadn't seen who'd written which song until after I'd finished listening to the album. Only then, did I notice that the songs I'd enjoyed the most were written by Dougie. His songwriting is superb! It's great! I do miss hearing him sing too. I love listening to the Dougie sang b-sides.

Swan269 wrote:
I guess that the creative juices were still flowing when they got to Hansa.

I think I heard Fran say in a recent interview that he's been writing songs very recently so it appears the creative juices are still flowing :) It's very exciting for the future of the band that they're writing some wonderful music.

fenririel
fenririel Posted Tue 20 Aug, 2013 8:47 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I think I heard Fran say in a recent interview that he's been writing songs very recently so it appears the creative juices are still flowing :) It's very exciting for the future of the band that they're writing some wonderful music.

Exciting indeed. To have them by our side at least a little longer. As long as they want.

Maybe they've found the point in their lives where they feel strong so they're able to let creativity express itself. Maybe that's another meaning for Where You Stand?

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:45 PM