Travis

Full album streams this morning
Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Mon 12 Aug, 2013 8:33 AM Quote
msn.juiceonline.com/travis-where-you-stand-album-stream/

Yay!

First thoughts so far are that Warning Sign and Different Room are amazing.

Re: Full album streams this morning
janis
janis Posted Mon 12 Aug, 2013 11:05 AM Quote
new album its so fantastic..mother..moving..where you stand..reminder..warning sigh..diferent room..new shoes..on my wall.. boxes are my favorite tracks:))

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Mon 12 Aug, 2013 11:58 AM Quote
It's fantastic. I'd say overall Warning Sign, On My Wall, Different Room, Boxes, Moving and Where You Stand right now I think are AMAZING, some of the best Travis songs ever. Oh and Mother. Need to listen to The Big Screen a bit more but I like it. The only song I'm even slightly not so keen on is Another Guy and that's been around for weeks.

Swan269
Swan269 Posted Mon 12 Aug, 2013 12:32 PM Quote
the smaller snippets of the album were nice to hear, but the full songs are amazing. Different Room has such an amazing chorus. I can't wait to get the deluxe set in the mail next week. Such a great effort.

janis
janis Posted Mon 12 Aug, 2013 12:47 PM Quote

I definitely agree with you,i am not thrilled with another guy,byt all the other songs are amazing:)
yes waiting too for the next week to hear hiden tracks:)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 12 Aug, 2013 1:27 PM Quote
I'll wait for my album to arrive, but it's very exciting to hear the positive reports :)

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Mon 12 Aug, 2013 1:52 PM Quote
Thanks so much for the link. FINALLY! Now I can't wait to buy the physical CD on friday, then get the deluxe version in the mail and finally the Japanese one ;)

I love all tracks. Too soon to decide which one is my favorite but I loved 'Another Guy' since the very first time I heard it.

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Mon 12 Aug, 2013 4:05 PM Quote
I think Another Guy makes a lot more sense listening to the album as a whole, there are so many big songs with huge choruses, big guitars and it feels like a really cool, chilled out interlude between them. Still probably my least favourite but that says more about the rest of them.

So excited. No offence at all to Ode, but this is about ten times better.

mili
mili Posted Mon 12 Aug, 2013 4:47 PM Quote
Many thanks for the link!

I found out that a Finnish radio station is also streaming the album
http://www.radioaalto.fi/travis

I try not to listen to it too much, have to keep some freshness for the album when it arrives. Sounds brilliant, so far.

kevvvy
kevvvy Posted Mon 12 Aug, 2013 5:01 PM Quote
Personally I never got much out of the snippets and was worried but I was so wrong. Another fantastic album and so looking forward to getting this on Monday.

fenririel
fenririel Posted Mon 12 Aug, 2013 5:17 PM Quote
Mother... mother of all songs! I love the music it's got.

Actually the transition from Mother to Reminder is very emotional, very moving (haha, see what I did there?)

Best lyrics so far! I love "Boxes".

Thanks, guys! Thanks, Travis! Another heartfelt album. Deeply appreciated.

fenririel
fenririel Posted Mon 12 Aug, 2013 5:22 PM Quote
Mikko85 wrote:
I think Another Guy makes a lot more sense listening to the album as a whole, there are so many big songs with huge choruses, big guitars and it feels like a really cool, chilled out interlude between them. Still probably my least favourite but that says more about the rest of them.

Yes, actually by itself is a plain song, but contextualized with the rest of the album, it's not so bad. I think I like more the video than song, though, haha!

paulo
paulo Posted Mon 12 Aug, 2013 6:18 PM Quote
I think Another Guy is a great track.Really catchy.I Really liked it as soon as I heard it.
The album sounds great.Really good.As a guitarist though(and a fan of Andy's playing) I would liked to have heard some more electric guitar parts but that's just a personal thing!

Shinichi
Shinichi Posted Mon 12 Aug, 2013 6:30 PM Quote
I like the first 3 singles..Another Guy stucked on me for 1 month even though it's repetitive and the guitar solo sounds heavenly.Where You Stand made me smile with the contrasting lyrics and mighty bridge and Moving has a great hook in the chorus.

But on the first listen of the album as a whole in this streaming...I didn't like it.. I'm hesitant if the album is good..drifting if I like it or not.Here are my reasons:

1.Maybe because the itunes preview somehow revealed the hooks of the songs
2. Maybe I'm not in the mood to listen right now.
3.Maybe it is too poppy for me
4.I somehow feel that some of the songs are too short when I started to like it then it ended abruptly.
5.It has no Big muff solo :P!
6. I miss the raw power in Fran's voice the unpolished power like he did in Good Feeling and some rocky bsides

I don't know maybe it will grow on me with repeated listens and there are still 3 songs waiting to be heard..Anniversary,Parallel lines and the Japanese deluxe version song Ferris wheel..that's according to Wikipedia. I like the preview of Anniversary that's trademark Travis..I hope this one will change my opinion.I hope that in the future I'll appreciate this new album like I liked all of the albums of TRAVIS!

janis
janis Posted Tue 13 Aug, 2013 2:55 AM Quote
i believe that you are not in the mood to listen now :PP idont agree with you.some sonngs like mother,reminder,warning sign ,moving,where you stand and even diferent room and in my opinion even on my wall, remind of the old songs from travis.anniversary i think that is good song.for paralle lines i am not sure:))

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:56 AM