Travis

Where You Stand - Cover (piano, Indian harmonium, vocs)
Ina Simone
Ina Simone Posted Fri 03 May, 2013 2:04 PM Quote
Hey,

I'm something like a longtime lurker on this board (I've been a little more active on the old one - more than half a decade ago), but today I just have to write a little note. Why? Because the new Travis single is amazing. These guys still knock me over with their awesomeness after all these years. I've seen them in concert for the first time in 1999 and it still feels like being newly enamoured of this band. Their songwriting is still so strong. And Fran's vocals are absolutely unique. And, and, and...well, I guess I don't need to tell you - you know it!

On Tuesday, I heard "Where You Stand" for the first time and I immediately decided to do my very own version of that song. It's very different from the original. It's a rather balladic piano version with Indian harmonium in the last chorus and lots of (harmony) vocals. You can listen to it here.

I hope you (and Travis, if they happen to hear it) like my cover version a little.

Very much looking forward to the new album and tour!

Ina Simone

Re: Where You Stand - Cover (piano, Indian harmonium, vocs)
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 04 May, 2013 5:15 AM Quote
Hi, a great cover . Lovely.

Re: Where You Stand - Cover (piano, Indian harmonium, vocs)
Ina Simone
Ina Simone Posted Sun 05 May, 2013 9:48 AM Quote
Thank you so much. It really means a lot to me! I usually don't do covers, but I really had to do this one - in my own style. It's absolutely wonderful and totally inspiring that Travis are back! I've been a fan of theirs for 14 years now and they've really influenced me and my songwriting a lot (although I guess you don't really hear that in my own songs). Can't wait for the new album and for the tour - my last Travis show is more than 4 years ago (after that I saw Fran opening for Brandon Flowers which was also great, but a band show is still something else).

Pages [1] All Times UTC Current Time 6:46 AM